“Great Food but the wait is LONG :)”

Evita's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Set in an authentic 1860 Historic Gingerbread House, overlooking Ocho Rios, Evita's opened in 1989 and has established a reputation for great service, ambiance, decor, view and excellent Italian and Jam-Italian 'fun' creations. All food is cooked to order. Celebrities keep frequenting Evita's as they really enjoy it's romantic atmosphere and, also appreciate, 'value for money'....Occasionally there is live entertainment, usually, a 'guest star' appearance.
Kingston, Jamaica
“Great Food but the wait is LONG :)”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Before I had our son, as our last hurrah my husband and I went to Ochio Rios last summer and had a meal there. We were able to get vegetarian options which was great. We ordered lasagna (me) and he ordered fish. We had a tomato soup to start with. It was delicious! So much so it was definitely worth the close to 1hour we needed to wait to get the food. We also needed to wait for the cheque not good for a pregnant woman. :) Evita (the owner) also came up to take pictures with the patrons. She looked glamorous like an old Hollywood star. Loved it. So I would definitely recommend eating there- reasonably priced but eat some peanuts or a light snack before you go. LOL But whatever you do go- you won't regret it!

Visited September 2012
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you Nicoise for your review and, compliments!
I am really sorry about the wait and I assure you that I am really going to do my best to find out the cause and see that this is remedied.
Arrivederci! Eva

London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced...for what you get!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I don't expect to order and have my meal delivered at the drop of a hat, but I waited for almost 35 minutes for my meal of vegetable lasagne which was the worst tasting lasagne I have tasted in my entire life..yuk!! The ackee and callaloo didn't do it for me im afraid!!!

Visited August 2013
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
I am very sorry, David, that you did not like the Lasagna ‘Rastafari’ which does FEATURE Ackee and Callaloo in the menu description, as the Jamaican ingredients of this dish.
I guess ‘Different Strokes for Different Folkes’ applies in this case and I am, again sorry, that this is the ‘yardstick’ you used to measure the quality of Evita’s food.
Regarding your wait of 35 minutes for the main course: since, in the past, when a main course was delivered too quickly, we were accused of rushing our patrons’ ‘dining’ experience, we now try to let customers relax, savor their drinks and appetizers, before serving the main course, unless advised otherwise…
Riverview, Florida, United States
“Good Italian Food w/ a Jamaican twist”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was our farewell meal the night before we left Jamiaca. It was a good end to an otherwise disappointing trip. Heard there might be celebrities there, but sadly none on our visit - but there is a wall of fame. Food was good, but could've used a little more sauce on the pasta dishes, but huge portions. They were out of my daughters choice so she had to re-order. Not busy when we got there so we got a select table to look out at the city. Wait staff was typical of Jamaica - slow, but adequate. Food prices were OK, but then the Gov't tax and gratuity gets added - so make sure you take the 35% increase to your bill into account.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you, Traci for your review.
Will certainly ‘tweak’ the staff to become better than ‘adequate’, so, when you decide to come back, you will be happier…
Sorry about having to add the mandatory 16.50 % GCT Tax and 10% Gratuity.
I actually tried to stop the automatic gratuity at my restaurant but, since this is divided amongst ALL the staff including cooks, sweeper, laundry, etc. I almost had a ‘Mutiny’ at the restaurant so I kept it to 10% minimum, leaving room to tip the waiter, if he/she gave good service…
Grand Cayman
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had our wedding reception at Evita's about two weeks ago. Eva and her staff were amazing and the food was perfect. All the guests raved about it. This is a perfect venue for a small-ish wedding (there were 26 of us). Could not recommend it highly enough.

• Visited August 2013
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you Anne-Marie for your review!
I am really happy everything went well for your wedding reception especially since I am a grand-ma and I really get kind of emotional about THE BIG DAY: I associate every bride with my daughter getting married, so, needless to say, it is a big day for me too.
Hopefully, you will have your first Anniversary, next year, ‘same place, same day, same time’….
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Friend had wedding meal there and food was great. Staff were attentive and it was a popular place. Many famous faces have visited.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank James B
Thank you James, for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed Evita’s wedding reception for your friend.
Will also let the staff know that you really appreciated their efforts.
Ciao!, Eva