“Enjoyable”

Evita's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Italian, Jamaican, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in an authentic 1860 Historic Gingerbread House, overlooking Ocho Rios, Evita's opened in 1989 and has established a reputation for great service, ambiance, decor, view and excellent Italian and Jam-Italian 'fun' creations. All food is cooked to order. Celebrities keep frequenting Evita's as they really enjoy it's romantic atmosphere and, also appreciate, 'value for money'....Occasionally there is live entertainment, usually, a 'guest star' appearance.
Jackson, Mississippi
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great view of Ocho rios. Romantic atmosphere. Friendly & attentive staff. Even took the time out to take pictures not only of my husband & I but also ms Eva herself stopped by to chat with us & pose for a photo with me. Food was good & so were the drinks.

Visited July 2013
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much, for your review.
It was nice chatting with you and, when I was asked to pose with you, you made me feel like a ‘Star’ and made my evening!

London, United Kingdom
“Just Pass it By”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was staying in Ocho Rios and had heard that Evita's was the place to go. My two boys and I visited a few days ago and were sadly very disappointed. The pasta was overcooked, the sauce was a left over from lunchtime and was cold.

2 cokes and 1 glass of Pinot came to $23.00 and the wine was warm. Perhaps the chef had a night off and after the meal we were wishing we had missed this terrible place.

As Dionne Warwick once said "Walk on By".

2 Thank David C
I am very sorry that you did not ask for the pasta to be cooked ‘Al Dente’ and I really do not understand your statement of ‘sauce left over from lunch’….
Every dish, at Evita’s, is cooked to order except the Bolognese Meat Sauce and Pomodoro Tomato Sauce, which are kept in the steam table and serve as the base and topping for a lot of our, cooked to order, entrees.
A glass of Pinot is sold at US $ 6.50 and cokes at U$ 2.00 each. So, the US $ 23.00 must have included something else and, I assume that you would have brought a gross mistake like this, to the waiter’s attention, especially since the prices are clearly listed on the wine list and all Menus.
Again, I am really sorry that your issues were not brought to the waiter’s attention so that I can address who needs to be reprimanded.
Boston
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It could have been all of the water sports or the need to soak up all the alcohol I drank that day at the resort, but on our fourth day in Jamaica I got an extreme craving for a red sauce pasta dish. Upon making the reservation Evita's sent a complimentary driver to pick us up at the Sunset Jamaica Grande. Evita's is located on a hillside overlooking Ocho Rios. We sat along the railing of thier open air deck looking out over the nighttime lights of the city. I can only imagine how beautiful the view must be at sunset. I got my red sauce fix with a solid Chicken Parmesan and my travel companion got the most delicious shrimp risotto. She never finishes her meal so after I cleaned her plate I almost ordered another risotto to go. Overall we enjoyed ourselves. The atmosphere was very romantic, staff and hostess friendly, and food was...leave-the-resort worthy. If I'm ever back in Ochi I'm most certain to make a reservation here...right around sunset. Boom.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank urban_myth
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
Needless to say I am elated to hear how much you liked the food, especially the risotto … to the point of almost ordering another one to go…despite staying in all inclusive resort…!
Mamma Mia, I am certainly looking forward to seeing you at Evita’s, again, soon….
Worcester
“What an amazing fusion experience!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The mix of Jamaican and Italian first seemed odd to me but when I got there my view was turned completely. The atmosphere cannot be ranked highly enough, it was serene and ever so relaxing, especially when sitting on the terrace in the evening! I cannot forget the amazing musician though, he made the atmosphere that bit more amazing and chilled us out completely. Staff were polite and very helpful! Oh, the food! I had the "Coo-Ya spaghetti and shrimp" and I recommend it to anyone! Others in my party had the snapper and risotto and were all deliciously made. I would have stayed there all night if I could. Why wouldn't you when there is a beautiful view overlooking ocho rios, lit up with fairy lights and lamps?!

• Visited July 2013
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your, so enthusiastic, review.
I am also thrilled that you liked George, our ‘Mento & Reggae, Singer-Guitarist.
‘Mento’ is the old fashioned, real Jamaican, country music.
The songs are all very happy and all tell a story, some of which, are quite funny and depict the Jamaican culture …
Will certainly tell George to keep up the good repertoire and relate to the rest of the staff your compliments. Thank you, again, on their behalf.
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for a romantic dinner”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I got married last week & wanted to celebrate with a romantic dinner. After reading the reviews on trip advisor we decided to head to Evitas.
The view was stunning & the decor suited it perfectly.
The complimentary garlic bread was fantastic! It was very light & came with a great tasting cheese sauce.
We ordered the Calamari to start and they kindly fried them for me even though the fried option wasn't on the menu.
My hubbie ordered the lasagna and I had mamas favourite with Italian sausage and both tasted divine!
We were so full we didn't order desert. We also weren't in a wine mood & stuck to water (I've had too much Appleton rum so wanted a night off from alcohol). Our water was always topped up & the service was superb. The best service we've experienced in jamaica so far.
If you are going to Ocho Rios please visit Evitas you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
Thank you so much for your so nice and detailed review!
I am really happy that you had a nice experience at Evita’s and therefore, made your honeymoon even more special!
I wish you many, many happy years together and will, hopefully, see you in Jamaica and at Evita’s, again … soon…