“The best of the best!”

Toscanini Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are an authentic Italian restaurant located just outside the resort town of Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The property is an original plantation house that also houses an art gallery featuring famous local works of art.
Reviewed November 11, 2009

This is truly one of the best restaurants in Jamaica. We visit Jamaica once or twice a year and never miss the opportunity to visit Toscanini's. The food is fresh, the menu is perfect, the service is outstanding. The small, intimate, almost rustic atmosphere is beautiful. This place has charm oozing from it's walls!

Leyla, one of the owners, is the icing on the cake. If you are lucky enough to have her read you the menu, you are mesmerized by her colorful descriptions of each appetizer, entree, dessert or wine. She makes you feel at home. She makes you feel as though you are her most important customer.

We love everything about Toscanini's!

Nicole & Steve Swift

Reviewed May 31, 2009

The minute we were welcomed to Toscanini by owner, Lella Ricci, we knew we had found something special. And we were not wrong. The meal, the service and the hospitality were extraordinary. Everything was fresh - from the warm foccacia and scotch-bonnet infused olive oil to the amazing fresh pasta and fish to the tiramisu and profitteroles. We ended up bringing two other couples back to eat the following evening - we couldn't get enough and wanted to share.

BRAVO TOSCANINI!

Reviewed May 19, 2009

I found a flier in my hotel advertising Toscanini's and although it is a 10 minute drive outside Ocho Rios, it is well worth the trip (I've heard that they will collect you from your hotel but I didn't avail of this as I had a rental). The restaurant is set downstairs from an art gallery in a beautiful old house, and there is seating both inside and outside.
The owner, Lella, brings a blackboard to your table with the day's menu on it and there is just too much choice! Food for all tastes, and it incorporates local ingredients with Italian fare.

The food is absolutely fantastic, and on my trip it was not rivalled in the whole of Jamaica! The wine is reasonably priced, as is the food; the atmosphere is fresh and friendly.

If you happen to be in the vicinity of Ocho Rios (or just in Jamaica!) I would definitely make the time to visit this restaurant.

Reviewed May 12, 2009

My husband and I have visited Jamaica for over twenty years, and now we are lucky enough to spend the winters there. Toscanini's is a highlight of our stays. We are half a world away from Jamaica as I write this review, but my mind drifts to memories of the food and fun times at this fabulous restaurant.
What magic Toscanin's exudes! When you arrive, you find the restaurant attractively sitting on the lower terrace of Harmony Hall, a restored treasure of Victorian architecture and now a gallery for local artists' works, finer than pieces typically found in Ocho Rios markets. Some of the gallery's paintings line the interior walls of the restaurant, but the choice seatings lure you outside. After being seated, you notice the handmade sconces decorating the aged stone walls, the white-clothed tables displaying vases of orchids, the large chalk boards serving as menus, and the soft breezes coming from the sea. What pleasing first impressions!
The pleasure grows when the sister-brother owners, Lela and PG, greet you. After ordering a drink from the gingerbreaded, turreted bar---remember the Victorian architecture---you appreciate Lela's hospitalty, warmth, and expertise when she brings the chalk boards to your table and describes each dish with details so appealing that you wish you could order one of everything: perhaps the local leafy callaloo in a souffle topped with a blue cheese sauce; or daily fresh lobster on angel hair pasta accented with olive oil, garlic, and bits of spicey scotch bonnet peppers; or the profiteroles covered with a chocolate sauce so tastey that "proper" ladies have been known to lick it from their plates, in front of other guests...with no regrets!
After you make the difficult decision of what to order and after you have enjoyed your last bite, Chef PG leaves his kitchen to visit with you and other guests, checking on your satisfaction with the food and telling tales of his food-tasting travels around the world. In addition to his love of food, he may share with you his other "satisfaction," his appreciation for "the greatest rock and roll band in the world." One of the band members owns a home on Jamaica, and my husband, also a Rolling Stones afficianado, eagerly awaits the night our dinner overlaps his. You might see other famous entertainers, politicians, and entrepreneurs at neighboring tables, and you will be treated with the same lovely service that they receive. My husband and I, either alone for a quiet romantic dinner or during lunch with laughing and fun-loving friends, have never been disappointed and have enjoyed every moment. Lela, PG, and their gentle staff members treat you to delicious food, charming ambience, and gracious service.
So continents away, I dream of sitting on Toscanini's terrace with my husband. We are savoring a tartare of fresh tuna and sipping a nice muscadet. as we watch the candlelight quietly dance and hear hidden tree frogs peeping their songs into the night and feel little breezes play around us. What a perfect place. Toscanini, we love and miss you!

2  Thank BWGWashington_DC
Reviewed April 10, 2009

This restaurant delivers time and again.The ingredients are all very fresh and pasta to die for.So tasty and sumptious.
If you like profiteroles with exquisite chocolate sauce made from real chocolate ,no artificial flavouring here, it is worth the visit for sure.
Enjoy a really wonderful meal and ambiance with class.

John & Elandra,Vancouver Canada.