“UNFORGETTABLE”

Toscanini Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an authentic Italian restaurant located just outside the resort town of Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The property is an original plantation house that also houses an art gallery featuring famous local works of art.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“UNFORGETTABLE”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Our dinner was absolutely perfect. We ate there immediately following our wedding ceremony, and what a perfect ending it was to an already magical day! The owner took such good care of us, and gave us lots of special treatment. Everything from the wine, the BREAD, the setting, the ambiance, and the entrees was wonderful! I had the garlic shrimp fettuccine with a cream based tomato sauce, and my husband had the lasagne. Both were equally amazing! At the end, the owner and staff brought out a celebratory desert for us (tiramisu), announced our marriage, and threw flowers on us. The evening couldn't have been more special.

1 Thank Logan W

“Great”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was Realy cute. The menu was on a chalk board and the owner explained some history of the place. The pre dinner bread was awesome. The butter was served in a seashell which was so cute. I ordered the brushetta appetizer and Omg. It was so fresh. The tomatoes melted in your mouth. I also ordered the shrimp Alfredo and added mushrooms. ...Divine!

Kingston Parish, Jamaica
“Food is always fabulous!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The owners and chef are absolutely awesome hosts. The staff is trained very well and always pleasant and accommodating.

The food is superb, hands down one of the best Italian restaurants in Jamaica. We ALWAYS stop at Toscanini whenever we're in Ocho Rios. Some of the best dishes I have ever had have been here.

You can choose absolutely anything from the menu because everything is absolutely fantastic.

Great place! Beautiful Ambience and setting.

• Visited April 2014
Glenview, Illinois
“Gourmet Food in a Charming Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The patio is beautiful. It is next to a large grassy area with trees and is really peaceful. The food is excellent and so is the service. The owner is a great character who comes out and talks to all of the guests. Don't miss it if you're in Ocho Rios!

Visited June 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Authentic "Fresh" Italian Food in Jamaica”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I were staying at the Jamaica Inn and for our one dinner "off resort" we chose Toscanini.

The Chef PG picked us and another couple up from our hotel "Free" of charge and drove us to the restaurant. It is only a couple of minutes away, but we got an opportunity to fine out the history of the restaurant and their owners.

We sat outside and it the setting was beautiful. My one complaint for this review and the reason I am not giving it 5 stars is the ceiling fans did not work. Jamaica in the middle of June is hot/humid day or night and it would have been nicer to have a little breeze, man made or not.

Service: Our waiter was very attentive, but not overly so. My wife, who always asks for special adjustments to the menu, felt as if the advice she received was spot on. Additionally, PG (Chef) visited with us for a while towards then end of our meal. He was very gracious and gave us some restaurant rec's for NYC. He obviously love what he does and it was pretty cool to sit and discuss food with him.

Food: My wife had a goat cheese salad to start and I had the escargot. Both were excellent. My wife ordered the shrimp with pasta but asked if they could do a Fra Diavlo sauce with Penne instead, which was artfully accommodated. I, also, had the shrimp, but with olive oil and linguine. Both dishes were authentic and delicious!

Wine: I am a little bit of a wine snob and did not expect much. We were in Jamaica mon. I was pleasantly surprised with the wine list. It was not very extensive, but they did have some nice wines on it, especially for the price points.

Overall: My wife and I had a great time. The food was fresh, tasty and authentic. The Chef said to us, " All my ingredients are fresh and I don't mind special orders at all. If I have the ingredients, I will make it for you." How often to you hear something like that from a Chef. I highly recommend this great little restaurant. I am told that if you have an all-inclusive plan with a resort that they will take a voucher from the resort for the meal.

• Visited June 2014