“Average food which is highly overpriced!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Toscanini Restaurant

Toscanini Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an authentic Italian restaurant located just outside the resort town of Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The property is an original plantation house that also houses an art gallery featuring famous local works of art.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food which is highly overpriced!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We are from Canada and visited this restaurant with my Jamaican cousin and her husband for a couple's night out. Her hubby had been there twice and wanted us to try it out. The atmosphere was beautiful and the hostess was absolutely awesome and describing all the dishes on the menu- she made everything sound so delicious and ample. However, were we ever fooled when we got our dishes! It was a busy night for them and we were one of the last guests. First of all, it took forever to get our second helping of bread (which was deelish). When the appetizers finally arrived, the pumpkin soup was watery and had no spices. It seemed as they had ran out of soup and watered it down- as my cousin said she never recalled it being so watery. When we finally got out main course- our pasta dishes hardly had any vegetables in it. Soo much pasta but too little veggies or meat. Being Canadian, we have had a much better food experience at italian chain like East Side Mario's then here. After paying $250, we felt ripped off and usatisfied with the experience. Even my Jamaican cousins were not impressed that night! I guess they won't be taking any future guests there.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank rinvin

Brooklyn, NY
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

On this freezing cold winter day in NYC I started daydreaming about a trip to Jamaica my husband and I took in 2010. We were there in February for my birthday so we went out to eat atToscanini Jamaica restaurant. The food was great, not just for Jamaica, but great even if it were in NYC. We ate there on our last night in Jamaica, otherwise we would have gone back again. We hope to return to Jamaica again and would actually plan a stay near the restaurant!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank LSW26
London, United Kingdom
“simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had dinner twice during our weeks stay in Ochi Rios and could have feasted here every night!
Lella is an amazing hostess and I can say as someone who eats out regularly in London that I have never had a menu explained so well and thoroughly! also with a great deal of charm, which is after all part and parcel of the dining experience. The food then complements this experience and surpasses it if thats possible! The freshest produce is superbly crafted to create divine cuisine. Special mention to the lobster, tuna tartare, and finely sliced marlin come to mind but theres plenty there for non fish eaters too!Wine is superb too and unfortunately we didnt have the room for dessert-but next time!The best food on the island without question.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Dianaburn
Kingston, Jamaica
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Been there once or twice and I look forward to going back. The owner is such a lovely lady (gave me and my friend vip cards) and the food was delicious. I can't remember if it is a little pricey, but the quality of food makes up for it, if that being the case.

2 Thank Karen D
chicago
“Amazing Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had dinner at Toscaninis and this place was absolutely fabulous! I would have eaten there every night had I not waited until the last night of my vacation to eat there. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was charming. This is one place you have to make a visit to when you are in Ocho Rios/Tower Isle.

• Visited January 2013