“Perfect Tour Company”
Review of Barrett Adventures

Barrett Adventures
Ranked #14 of 113 Tours in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Barrett Adventures is a company with more than 20 years of experience in showing our guests the real Jamaica. We specialize in doing excursions that either are done in ways to maximize your enjoyment of familiar attractions by doing them at times when we don't have to share them with the crowds, or offering tours to places that are truly 'Off the beaten path.'Our drivers are unsurpassed in their knowledge of our culture and our history. You will never find one of us at a loss for words when you ask a question.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Shawn did an excellent job of making us feel so welcome as we drove up the mountains to take an amazing bamboo rafting trip. He is also very knowledgeable about everything is Jamaica and we learned a lot. Afterwords, we were taken to a place to feed the hummingbirds while they sat on our fingers....amazing !

Loxley was our Captain as we headed out to snorkel in a wonderful sailboat. He's a real sweetheart and knows all about the art of sailing plus everything there is to know about Jamaica. Our guide for our snorkeling was very knowledgeable and pointed out a number of interesting fish and coral.

I would highly recommend this tour company for your perfect adventures

2  Thank STUandLINDA

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were hesitant to even go on an excursion during our stop in Jamaica because, at this port of call, we really were not interested in the excursions provided by the ship or even suggested through our booking agent. I came upon Barrett Adventures after looking on Trip Advisor for some suggestions, and the reviews certainly intrigued me. They almost sounded to good to be true. But true they were!! All I can say is that if you have the opportunity to book a tour through Barrett Adventures, do so because you will have an incredibly memorable and personal experience. Our other excursions during the trip were fun but simply not comparable to the in depth and personal tour we received through Barrett Adventures. With our wonderful guide, Loxely, we were given the opportunity to see the people and countryside of Jamiaca from such a unique and personal perspective. Our excursion took us to the Secret Falls as well as on a lazy tube ride down one of Jamaica's many rivers. The beauty and serenity of the Falls is incredible. Something you have to see for yourself to really appreciate. But don't take my word for it; if you aren't sure what to do in Jamaica, look no further than Barrett Adventures for a truly awesome one-of-a-kind adventure. Miss Carolyn and her staff are exceptionally reliable, professional, courteous, and attentive. I honestly can't say enough good things about Barrett Adventures, but again, don't take my word for it; take the opportunity to see for yourself.

2  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Amazing, Absolutely amazing! Shawn picked us up at Sandals promptly at 9am to begin our tour. We really liked the fact that it was a more intimate tour, just being my wife and I. We drove about an hour and 20 minutes up into the mountains to start our adventure. Shawn made a couple of stops to point out points of interest along the way. This was very informative and neat things about the history and different things in nature found in Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. He also stopped and bought some fresh bananas and watermelon for us to enjoy as well. We went tubing down the White River first. This was very nice and the water was amazing. It was so clear and clean. Dwight was our guide down the river. This was a lot of fun. Shawn picked us up at the end, about a mile and a half, I would guess was the length. Very relaxing and beautiful scenery. We then continued higher in the mountains down some secluded roads to our next stop, Secret Falls. Shawn introduced us to Kevin, who was our guide for the falls. We jumped off some of the falls into beautiful aqua colored water and swam a bit. We went under some of the falls as well. Kevin took pictures. He then led us up into the forest to see more falls and smaller pools. It was quite an adventure up the falls. The whole area is just beautiful. Before we came back down, Kevin steadied me as we walked down one of the bigger falls. The surface was rough, so you could walk down but still uneasy to me as you are walking almost straight down. As we got about 1/2 way down, you just walk fast and then jump into the lagoon. This was so cool. We then made our way back down to Shawn. He took us to a place for lunch (Scotchies), that had some fantastic jerk chicken. We had lunch and talked about Jamaica. As we headed home, we stopped at a store for some shopping. The entire trip lasted about 7 hours. The day went so fast. This was one of the most enjoyable things my wife and I have ever done. Well worth the price.
Thanks to Carolyn, who runs a top notch company. Thanks to Dwight for the tubing.
A very special thanks to Kevin, for your awesome guidance and picture taking.
Shawn, what can we say? Such a pleasure to meet you and to spend the day with you. You gave a wonderful background on Jamaica and all the interesting things in nature that you showed us. Thank you for such and amazing day, that we will never forget.
Shannon and Kathy Taylor (Saturday, September the 29th)

6  Thank Shannon T
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We did the tubing waterfall private excursion and let me tell you it was perfect! Our guide Shawn was as professional and nice a person as one could be. He went out of his way all day to do whatever he could to make it a day to remember. Carolyn was very helpful as well as I was sick the day of our tour and was expecting to get charged for not being able to make it. Instead she said rest up, hope you feel better and lets try it tomorrow. There is not a single tour company in Jamaica that even comes close to these people. My only advice to you is to use them the first day your there. That way you'll be sure to book all your other days through them! Thanks again guys!

1  Thank Matt S
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family and I had a stop in Ocho Rios on a recent cruise. We wanted something “off the beaten path” and found Barrett Adventures. After emails back and forth with Carolyn Barrett, we decided on the Secret Falls Tour.

Mr. Loxley picked us up at the port and popped us into his SUV (private tour). We drove down the coast and Mr. Loxley kept us engaged with stories of his country and culture. It was all super interesting and he was so passionate. We took some turns off the main drag and would our way up a mountain to a clearing. He walked us down a short path to meet Kevin, our Secret Falls guide, who took us on a wild adventure!

He took us to a gorgeous lagoon with a small waterfall. We dove right in, swimming under the falls, climbing back out and doing it all over and over again. Then Kevin took us, barefoot and in our bathing suits, on a hike further up the mountain to another fall, which was much larger. He talked us into walking down the falls and jumping into the lagoon below. You have to have some courage for this, but Kevin is so cool and confident that you can’t help but grab his hand and go for it! We swam under that fall into a little cave-like area and Kevin pointed to a tunnel above us. And up my hubby went, crawling through the tunnel, out the other side of the fall. We all followed. It was just the coolest afternoon! Thanks Kevin!

We met back up with Mr. Loxley who took us to the river rafting place and got us our own private float down the river. It was very nice and relaxing after all of the hard-core adventure with Kevin. On the way home we stopped for a bite to eat, again, getting first class treatment.

Mr. Loxley told us about another tour they offer-a day sailing and snorkeling with him as the Captain. He said that next time we come to Jamaica we should take the tour - all day on the water and lobster on the beach to top it all off. Any day spent with Mr. Loxley is going to be a good day. Next time we are in Jamaica the first thing we’ll do is contact Carolyn and book a sailing day with Mr. Loxely!

Thanks Carolyn, Mr. Loxley and Kevin for an unforgettable day!

1  Thank Anjeannette