Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $11.25
from $33.75
from $23.00
More Info
All reviews blue hole byron powell ocho rios airport transfer needed transportation always on time amazing service dunn's river falls great conversation private tour day trip excellent driver family vacation girls trip beautiful island ya mon taxi service
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2017

I contacted Byron 6 months or more before our trip to Jamaica to arrange roundtrip transfers to and from the airport. I also booked a separate trip to Appleton Rum and Negril. When we arrived, we were met at the airport and taken to our hotel by Bryon. He also informed us that we would be unable to do the Appleton Rum tour since they were closed for renovations. Bryon offered us another Rum Tour which we said was fine. The next day, Bryon emailed us and told us unfortunately, that rum tour was closed due to the holiday. We told him that was okay just take us to Negril for the day which he did the next day when our tour was scheduled. You can tell he really loves his home and was very informative and a lot of fun. He took us to Margaritaville and when my husband asked him what time we needed to return to the van, Bryon replied, "you tell me, I am here for you. I will wait for you here and I will leave whenever you are ready." After we left there, we headed off to Rick's Café. On our return trip, Byron refunded part of our trip due to us not being able to visit the rum factory. I would highly recommend Bryon's Jamaica Tours, he is a wonderful host and will use his services again when we return to Jamaica.
Thanks Bryon for the wonderful day! Vic, Becky, & Rachel

1  Thank byphx410
Byron P, Owner at Byron's Jamaica Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2017

Thanks so much byphx410 for taking the time out to review our service also thanks for your understanding with the situation I'm very happy that all works out well. Hope to see you again in paradise ya mon.

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

I had contacted Byron prior to our trip and requested a private tour of the island for me and my mom. My mom doesn't do water and wasn't interested in zip lining or other adventure activities. We decided on the Montego Bay Highlight and Countryside tour. I requested a 4-5 hour trip and Byron responded promptly and gave us a reasonable quote. I booked the trip and easily paid using PayPal. This was very convenient so I didn't have to bring a large sum of cash.

My mom and I arrived in Montego Bay via a cruise ship. We were greeted by Byron outside the main gate and began our adventures. The van was immaculate and Byron had cold beverages for us. I had a few things I wanted to see during our trip and requested to go to the Rockland hummingbird sanctuary and a beach to put my toes in the sand. Byron happily agreed to these stops and during our conversation Byron learned my mom is a Usaine Bolt fan. Byron took us to Bolt's high school and even stopped the van to take pictures of us with the track in the background.

We toured various communities and Byron was very informative proving local history and stories. We stopped at the Richmond Hill Inn which provided us with a beautiful panoramic view of Montego Bay. We made our way through narrow mountain roads to the bird sanctuary. The grounds were small but beautiful and we had a once in a life time experience. Amazingly beautiful hummingbirds actually landed on our extended finger to feed from sugar water in small bottles held by our opposite hand. My mind was blown!!! Loved this experience and the caretaker told us it takes 6-7 years to train the birds. Wow!!!

Byron took us to a local restaurant he and his family dine at, Texas Jerk & Seafood Restaurant. The food was wonderful and we enjoyed stewed chicken, jerk pork, conch soup, rice & peas. We left with full bellies. During our trip Byron stopped and pointed out the local fruit and even pick some for us to smell. I told Byron I enjoyed honey and usually purchase local honey on my vacations. Byron stopped at a local outdoor market and we found fresh honey packaged in a repurposed rum bottle. I was able to bring it back home with me and have enjoyed honey biscuits and tea. Each time I use my honey I will think of this amazing trip Byron made possible.

I also wanted to pick up some coffee and souvenirs. Byron escorted us in and made sure we received fair prices as haggling is a must. After experiencing a full day of over 6 hours of fun, Byron dropped us off at our cruise ship terminal in plenty of time. He even walked us to the gate.

I would defiantly recommend Byron and his services. He goes above and beyond to make your experience in his homeland memorable. When I return he will defiantly have my business!

2  Thank V7426CXmariam

Maria M thanks so much for reviewing our service it really means a lot much respect ya mon.

Reviewed April 18, 2017

Our family of 4 spent a day in Jamaica a couple of weeks ago as a part of a cruise. When we researched thins to do in Jamaica I kept coming across one name for a driver... BYRON POWELL! I emailed Byron and he was extremely speedy and professional in his responses. He help us decide on the Blue Hole. We had a blast there that day! Byron reached out to me again before we got on the cruise ship and asked what kind of refreshments we wanted. Red Stripes of course! Byron always seeks to exceed expectations and this is just one example of that. He recommended a fantastic jerk chicken place and we really enjoyed that too. My wife wanted to stop at a place to shop when we got back closer to Montego Bay. So Byron called a store owner and asked he he could save a parking spot as we were on a timeline for the cruise. Little touches like this we much appreciate! Byron also gave us lots of interesting facts and history while he drove us around. Thank again Byron for showing us around your beautiful island mon! I hope we get back some day and can find a new adventure! Take care mon!! :)

1  Thank Brian N

Brian N thanks for taking the time out to review our service it was our pleasure to show you around Jamaica and I'm very happy that you enjoy the Blue hole much respect and hope to see you guys again in paradise ya mon.

Reviewed April 14, 2017

Both Byron and Owen made this a great 420 Trip! Owen made sure we found some great 420 smoke and took us from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios. Then Owen took us on a day trip to the Mavis Bank Blue Mountain Coffee Factory. This was a great trip with plenty of 420 and Blue Mountain Coffee to make everything just fine!!! I highly suggest Byron's Jamaica Tours if you want to see the REAL Jamaica and enjoy 420! We really enjoyed the trip back to Montego Bay with our good friends Byron.

1  Thank Rae J
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Byron picked us up at the airpot and he was exactly where he said he would be even though we were an hour late getting through customs. He also picked us up right on time for our return trip. BUT the best day was when Byron picked us up with a cooler full of Red Stripe and showed us the Jamaica countryside. We have been to Jamaica 3 times and wanted to so something not so touristy. He drove us to where he grew up, the sugar cane fields and we had some sip (soup without meat) from a road side stand. We had jerk chicken from a local restaurant and then he took us for a little shopping. The rum is MUCH cheaper at the grocery store! All I can say is that we will always call Byron for our tours and transfers when in Jamaica. As the Jamaica's say, "respect Byron". Thank you for being you!

1  Thank kathybL5734MZ
Byron P, Owner at Byron's Jamaica Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2017

Kathy B thanks so much for taking the time out to review our service it really means a lot. We notice that you mention our airport transfers was very good we are really happy that you did have a great experience with the airport transfers.