Ways to Experience Chukka Caribbean Adventures
Canopy Tour
177 Reviews
from $89.00
2,114 results
All reviews zip lining dune buggy sandy bay atv ride canopy tour rent a locker hope estate river tubing thrill seekers bug spray jerk chicken afraid of heights a lot of fun rum tasting super fun take pictures great adventure
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Came here with my partner after seeing a TUI presentation, really appealed the idea of riding a horse through a nature trail and then through the sea.
However we wasn't told that lockers are $5 and non refundable...
Despite this the horse trek was pleasent but it was short, I think we was on the horse about half hour, 45 mins max. Then off the horse for a break until we got in and did the sea riding that was a cool experience but it was a 5 minute wonder. We didn't get any longer on the horses.
Then came the photos one picture started at $15, a whole DVD was $80 odd.
I'm glad I did it But I wouldn't do it again and all the hidden costs would have been appreciated if they were up front about this. Also our guide while friendly kept asking for tips....
Glad I did it But I won't be coming back in a hurry.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Awesome!! We had a great time. Staff was amazing and very helpful. Can’t say enough about this tour. They took us to a great reef and showed up amazing fish. They were concerned for our comfort and our safety. I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

...for some fun! We went on a day-long Chukka tour to zip line, tube, & go horseback riding. Spoiler alert, we had a great time! The tour guides were all entertaining and encompassed that great, Jamaican spirit that keeps me going back to Jamaica for vacation again and again.

Here’s what to know to get the most out of your experience...

ZIP LINING: I felt safe but also got to step out of my comfort zone a few times (20-foot belay drop anyone?!). Prepare for walking a lot and some minor uphill climbs but nothing an average, healthy person couldn’t handle. Was told by the resort to bring water shoes but the tour company actually required closed-toed water shoes so I had to spend $20 there to buy a pair (that really would do nothing to protect my actual toes BTW). Also I highly, highly recommend bringing bug spray. Or else you’re spending another $20 for a tiny bottle there as well. But you need it; you’re in a jungle.

TUBING: They provide lockers (at a cost) to store your personal items in at each location. Zip lining and tubing where at the same location but if you want to carry items with you while tubing, plan to bring something waterproof to carry them in. The bottom of the tubes are solid so you can choose to tube fully clothed or in various forms of swimsuit wear. There is a stopping point where you can swim and choose to jump from a swinging rope. So fun! Water was ccccold, but felt good on a hot, humid day. Once we were brought back to our original location they provided a jerk chicken lunch. A hundred times better than what you will get at the resort....portions were small and we were STARVING by this point. No seconds allowed but they sell chips and ice cream for those wanting more. I recommend bringing some snacks along (that store well in heat).

HORSEBACK: It took us about 30-minutes to get to the second location (which was perfect for us because it rained for the entire ride). Lockers for cost here too and they also required closed-toe shoes. This tour is actually two tours. First they take you on a trail ride that lasts about 30-minutes. This was actually my favorite part because the area is so beautiful and you get to walk the shoreline on a horse, weaving in and out of trees. Amazing.

Then you get a break and can change into wet clothes if you prefer to swim with the horses. You switch horses for this because these horses are especially trained to swim in water WITH you on their backs. This experience was weird...the horses were all REALLY straining and that made me feel bad for them but the guide said it’s actually great exercise (no impact, uses muscles they don’t normally use) and that any individual animal only swims with someone on their back 2-3 times a day. I sincerely want to believe this! The second ride is very short, 3-5 minutes max for the sake of the horse. That was all I needed though because I felt bad and it’s actually pretty exhausting holding yourself bareback on a horse under water.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We booked an ATV tour through this company while staying in Ocho Rios in Aug 2018. For the price per person we were expecting way more riding on the ATV with more interesting sights along the way.

Despite the +$100 price tag, the tour was only 1 hour long including a stop to go cliff diving. The ATV ride was very boring and consisted of riding on grass or gravel trails on the chukka farm . We stopped to do "cliff" diving near the ocean, but compared to other options you'll likely encounter on vacation throughout Jamaica it wasn't impressive.

When we enquired why it was so short, they said they cater to cruise ship customers. That may be, but we did a 3pm tour after the cruisers already left; its a shame they didn't let us at least ride for an extra 20 minutes seeing the cost per person was so high for a 40 min ATV drive and 20 minutes of taking pictures during cliff jumping.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

The tour was everything it was advertised to be and more. It was incredible. We were able enjoy the falls up close and personal. The water was refreshing/stimulating. The catamaran ride was awesome. It was a floating party.