“unhappy”

Ranked #41 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Kingston, Jamaica
“unhappy”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

the rooms were run down giving its name i thought it would live up to its name mark you this was our first anniversary and the staff werent so friendly maybe 1 and 2 maids , i would not reccomend anyone to stay there

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tantan405
Eugennie M, Manager at Hotel Gloriana & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2015
We have just gone through a series of refurbishing and have some new and upgrade rooms you can check it out on our website hotelgloriana.net or on our facebook page Hotel Gloriana.Thank you for making Hotel Gloriana your home away from home. We will be having a huge special on our room rates for this Christmas which starts now with walk-in rates at US $46.00 and reserved room at $57.00 and $70.00 per night so we are looking forward to seeing you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed August 28, 2013

On August 22nd 2013, my boyfriend and I checked in to this hotel around 1pm. Knowing the history of this place we thought we show our support not minding how run down the room and the hotel was. the first thing I noticed was how dirty the floors were I had to wash my feet before I put my shoes on! there was no hot water and the bed was hard as a rock. we left to get some food and take a walk when we returned I was looking for something I remember leaving on the counter so I searched the whole room before thinking to check if other things were missing so I looked in my wallet and all my money was gone so I told my boyfriend and he went down to the front desk to complain. first they told him no management was available than a guy called another guy who was standing a few feet away from him on the phone instead of talking to him directly on what to do about the situation. He came back up to the room and the phone rang and it was Gloriana the owner she listened to the problem than started saying we were talking foolishness and should go to sleep and try to find it in the morning! after no cooperation with her we called the police when they arrived they checked the door for forced entry and agreed that it must have been an inside job and suggested we sue since the owner was refusing to refund our night stay and to show cameras to the police. We packed our things and left. We will never return or recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank ChimaeraDdd

Travelers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night because i missed my flight and its right down the block from the airport in montegobay, Jamaica. The rooms were a great price for an overnight stay but it is no resort like hotel. It has more of a motel or inn feel. The rooms are very small and the food is great. Also this hotel has free wifi.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Quanda15
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hi all, I want to give my account of my stay at this property. I went to a friend's wedding in Runaway Bay about a month or so ago (6/30/13 to be exact). I ended up missing my flight back so needless to say I needed somewhere to crash for a night. I knew I wasn't wanting a top of the tier hotel, but I needed it to be clean and close to the airport and safe. I got just that at this little hotel/hostel. I say hostel because that's what it felt like to me. Just a side note, if you're seeking a cab ride from the airport try not to spend $15-$20 bucks for a cab ride to this location. Not withstanding traffic, it should only be a very quick 5 min ride from the airport. A few cab drivers tried to charge me out the wazoo but once they realized I knew better and that it wasn't going to fly, they relented. I paid $5!! The same goes from that location back to the airport. It's not hard to get a cab as Hotel Gloriana is right there off the main and the security guard at the door can stop one for you.
Now, there's free Wi Fi in the lobby which is located downstairs just below the stairs, before going outside to the courtyard. That's a plus because I was able to communicate with my family stateside. I LOVED THIS FEATURE! I personally, wouldn't eat at this location again probably because I brought back up the fried chicken and rice I bought earlier that evening. There's a little gift shop outside next to the entrance of the hotel. You can find cool little knick knacks and such. It's ran by a very funny Indian guy. He laughed at me when a lady followed me inside to offer me a " massage" upstairs in the hotel. He thought it was hilarious as well as I....a massage really? I don't see your chair lady! Lol. I must say that the front desk receptionists were very friendly and informative. They directed me a really nice bar/restaurant on The Strip which is a quick walk down the street from the hotel. If ours seeking to be pampered and to have austentatious amenities, this isn't the place for you. I'm really trying to be nice about this hotel, so I'll tell you that sight, sounds, comfort, and smell shouldn't be a priority. It's ore so a Go with the flow because I'm stranded" sort of deal. If you're wanting to get all he bells and whistles, then spend he extra dollars and check-in elsewhere. I do hope that the owner seek to get an investor or two and try to bring this location back to its former Glory" or at least some semblance of it. The decor is dated, badly in need of better furniture, accessories, paint work, sewage clean-up, mattresses ( I shouldn't have to sleep on thick sponge covered by a fitted sheet). There is a laundry list that I could post,but I digress. Basically, stop at this location if there isn't another choice. I was given a few more recommendations after the fact, and I'll try those should the need arise first. Note, you can't clean a pool by pouring bleach in it!! Hope this help in your decision making process folks. This was a personal account of MY experience and isn't intended to do harm but to, if anything, spur the owner (s) into action. You can't sit on your laurels and expect success. Stop riding on the long lost wave of the Glory days, and seek to drop a pebble on the still waters of the industry and ride the ripples back to grandeur. He'll, sell it and open up a more manageable project!! Just my two cents! Innah Di Lights Mi Bredren!

Room Tip: Ask to see the location as you may be down a long dark hallway. Higher floors less traffic
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Bluehulk
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stay here on Aug 5/13 on the new wing the room was clean. as alway the proprty look great
we have dinner the fish and the curry goat was good. but some thing went wrong with the rice my husband and my friend did want to eat a other night dinner here
breakfast was good .you can see that they are working on some thing
The hotel need new towels or bring your owen
they alway do nail at pool side went to get my nail done they know longer do nail I Stay at this because you can walk to the bleach and it is safe
I met the owner Gloria great lady

Room Tip: The new wing rooms are better than the pool side never take a room by the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank emereilda
Reviewed August 7, 2013

You might not find this hotel on popular websites like Expedia and Hotels.com. Its very close to the airport and if you are looking to stay for one night this is a good value. Basic room with basic amenities. Ask to see the room before you commit to it, because some of the locations and conditions of the rooms aren't ideal. The staff is accomodating.
Basically, you get what you pay for. The pool area can be very loud because they play music from 9 am until 9 pm. VERY LOUDLY!!
It is relatively safe given the location and there is ample front and rear parking.
Overall, good for one night if you are intransit to another hotel, but not a good place if this is your first time to Jamaica and are looking for a good vacation spot.

Room Tip: away from the pool and make sure you ask to see it before you check in.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MJLCon
Philadelphia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I mean, it isn't some fancy all inclusive resort. .... but then again you're not paying fancy resort prives. It's located less than a mile from the airport. .... it has a pool, restaurant, free wifi (which most fancy resorts don't have) and most importantly it's close to the airport. I even met the owner Gloria who invited me to a private party at her home

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo