“Beautiful property”

Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
NEW JERSEY
“Beautiful property”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This a beautiful property the food is good and the pool is a plus
I meet miss G VERY NICE lady one night we were trying to make up our mind what for dinner the staff told us the chicken will take 30 mins Miss G come out and take our order and we get our food on time . the only problem I have is the cleanness of my room the bathroom need some bleach to get out the mildrew and the entrance door need fix
I ASK for a nonsomking and my room smell of smoke when i ask to change the room the front desk staff said all room sell out but she can change the room the next day .I went to her to chage one of the room that have a sick child out of the smoke she said i have to pay $10.00 more which was ok Miss G Keep up the good just work on the cleanness THANK YOU

Room Tip: dont take the poolside room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank emereilda
Eugennie M, Manager at Hotel Gloriana & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2015
We have just gone through a series of refurbishing and have some new and upgrade rooms you can check it out on our website hotelgloriana.net or on our facebook page Hotel Gloriana.Thank you for making Hotel Gloriana your home away from home. We will be having a huge special on our room rates for this Christmas which starts now with walk-in rates at US $46.00 and reserved room at $57.00 and $70.00 per night so we are looking forward to seeing you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I booked this hotel with intention of staying just one night however due to the convenience of the location and the price I ended up staying 4 nights instead, this is definitely not a 5 star hotel but worth the money if you are out most of the days.
Internet can be had close to the pool or on your balcony for free so that was a plus.

Room Tip: In my opinion the rooms does not matter, the airport is immediately behind the hotel but never heard...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Eggshop
Split, Croatia
Reviewed April 11, 2012

located near by everything u need during your visit to Mobay.
very affordable for people who would like 2 stay on budget :)
clean place,service polite,daily housekeeping,wide choice of rooms.
cheapest room we stayed had.. big bathroom with tub/shower,clean,clean towels
in room cable tv,ac..room was big and spacious for cheapest hotel room.
downstairs is pool,restaurant,bar and couple shops.
have no complains.
we stayed couple nights :)
right out side of hotel u can easily reach any wanted place.nearest beach is walking distance.

Room Tip: loved upstairs...nice view at pool and garden :)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ellie_Croatia
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 6 times.The Lady that owns it Miss G is highly respected in MoBay and NO ONE ever troubles that hotel.Many people who stay there probably dont realize that the police station is opposite the hotel.Its safe,clean,good value,and ALL the staff fully respect Miss G and are answerable to her.I can tell you they wouldnt last a day there if they misbehaved.
Stay there you wont be sorry its the best location too.

Room Tip: garden views are nice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sharon b
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed here just last month. Stayed for about 4 nights didnt have any problems. Did feel uneasy though. I left my room one day for about 20 minutes, and came back to find 3 workers in my room fixing the air conditioning. I would have appreciated some form of notice.
I did not meet Mrs G. I found some of the staff nice, while other ones just seemed unfriendly. I felt like the locks on the doors were not that great. I had fun all in all because I focused on entertaining my self outside of the hotel. The night time taxi drivers were really nice. The rates are great, everything was clean. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: They have rooms for 55 dollars, and some for 71 dollars. I think the ones for 71 have fridges, and t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank joeann d
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed at the Gloriana for 2 weeks Oct - Nov 2011 and I was pleasantly surprised. I had read the reviews before going & chose to take the chance. My main concern was there were no bugs because that I CANNOT tolerate. Happy to say there weren't any. First off its obvious my expectations weren't high since it was so inexpensive. Being my forth trip to Jamaica from California I knew I wouldnt be spending much time in the room anyways.

I really appreciated getting a choice out of 3 rooms. The staff was nice and helpful, although they may not have been all fake smiles the entire time they did their jobs well. If we needed anything it was no problem & done in a reasonable amount of time. I stayed at Iberostar Resort previously & it took them longer at times to respond to our request. The pool was small but fine. Not a lot of kids so great for relaxing. I spent lots of time sitting in the swing seat on my laptop. WiFi is stronger by the pool/ lobby areas. One complaint is that I couldn't get WiFi in my room but it was the same at the resort except there I had to pay extra for it. The restaurant prices are high compared to local prices, but not compared to normal room service rates.

I love love love the location! I hate having to get a taxi so the fact I can walk to the Doctor's Cave beach, MargaritaVille, shop, & local restaurants was great! Plus the security staff was also helpful when I did need a taxi. Our housekeeper was great too. She offered and allowed me to use her phone to reach my boyfriend when he was out working. The other hotel guests were friendly as well. I enjoyed it so much we're going back next month & this time a few friends are coming too.

Remember this is NOT a 3+ star hotel! So if you expect to get what you pay for with their low rates you will be happy because you will get your money's worth & more.

• Stayed November 2011
6 Thank SaucyCoffey
Lebanon, Mo
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The night before we departed Montego Bay (MoBay), we stayed at the Hotel Glorianna & Spa. This hotel is very clean, the water hot, and the water pressure adequate. We (5 of us) stayed in a room with 7 single beds and a large bathroom. The room was air conditioned and just down from the pool. The pool water was a bit cool, and was only 6 feet deep, but the pool was very clean. The hotel restaurant was right off the pool and offered poolside service at tables set up arount the pool, and the prices were affordable. People at the front desk were very helpful and one of the managers would come around to the room and check, making sure every thing was taken care of. * There was, however, only one electrical outlet that I could find in the room, and that was near the TV. There was No electrical outlet in the bathroom, no blow dryer, no coffee pot, etc. I suppose one could bring an attachment to place into the outlet with a plug in- built in, then put the light bulb into that. * The room was quiet, and we slept well.

Room Tip: The hotel was very nice, for the price. I did not take advantage of the massage or spa opportunities...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends