“the best way to vacay in JA!”
other travelers have booked this property
Dining area General Complex
Staircase
Upstairs Foyer
Beedroom 1
Master Bedroom
Token operated Washine  (laundry area)
Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville - 15 mins away
Mobay Yacht Club
Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville - 15 mins away
Marguerites Seafood - 15 mins away
Seawind Beach - 10 mins away
Doctor's Cave Beach - 15 mins away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Shannan H
Chicago, Illinois
“the best way to vacay in JA!”
Reviewed February 17, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

Andre made this the best vacation in Jamaica that I've had Thus far. I had a plan to relax and experience beautiful Jamaica and Andre helped me to achieve just that. Andre was very prompt with communication and patient to answer every question with clarity. He has such a great personality. The Tallyman is a very beautiful and peaceful location. It's a home away from home. The beds are comfortable and everything is up to date I would definitely be staying here when I return to JA.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed February 10, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Traveling group: Other
Aussies47
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful Stay, Wonderful Host, Trip of a Lifetime”
Reviewed February 8, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

We travelled from Australia and enjoyed 7 nights at The Tallyman recently and cannot speak highly enough of Andre and how he looked after us during our stay. Andre was in regular contact with us to make sure we were enjoying our stay and nothing was too much trouble. He was always attentive and helped make our stay a wonderful one. Andre arranged for his driver Rohan to collect us from the airport and Rohan also assisted with our transport for the rest of the week. Rohan, you were awesome ! No problem mon ! Andre even loaned us a local mobile phone which came in very handy.
The villa was perfect for our needs and was lovely and modern, clean and in a great, safe location. The sunset views were gorgeous and being in an upscale residential community, we got a feel for the real Jamaica.
Our memories from The Tallyman and Jamaica will stay with us for a very long time to come. If you are considering staying here, consider no more, just do it. You won't be disappointed.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
maleeka w
“Don't be fooled by the area”
Reviewed January 30, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

Upon arriving I was like what ! What is this ! Once I walked inside ! It was immaculate everything up to date ! Very clean I lives the place absolutely gorgeous ! Everything fully stocked and in great working condition . Great workout walking up and down the stairs lol but over all please please please stay here ! Worth it and the driver is cool too
Andre the owner is great ! It's always a blessing to do business with great genuine people

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Brenda447
England, United Kingdom
“Owner and staff make this one of the nicest places to stay in Montego Bay”
Reviewed December 17, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

This place is just simply the best. The accommodation is basically great , provides you with everything that you need if your holiday plan is truly about getting out and about in Montego Bay during the day and needing somewhere safe, clean and accessible to stay.
It provides you with all that you may need to self cater or bring food home to eat. Comfortable living area and TV,s in every room - with full range of TV channels to choose from.
The Bedrooms are nice and clean - beds give you a comfortable nights sleep. Bathroom provides lovely hot showers - good water pressure. There is no washing machine within the apartment but clothes can be easily sorted.
You will feel safe in your apartment and your things are secure whilst out about - this is achieved by gate security and apartment alarm/sensors.
Andre is unique. He has a genuine concern about his customers aiming to ensure they have a great experience.
The housekeeper is pleasant - and is approachable and certainly did not make you get up and get out before the 12 o clock check out deadline. Neither did she invade our privacy.
- the pool was not available on this occasion as there are some refurbishments so it's going to be even better - I will be going back again - can't wait.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Customer care
Liked least: Got lost finding it
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Firstsunl...
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Stay in MoBay”
Reviewed October 1, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I inquired about The Tallyman through Trip Advisor and received an immediate response from Andre Boswell, the Manager, regarding questions about the rental possibilities. Andre showed excellent care in attending to my questions and arranging my stay.

I rented this apartment because I was traveling with my elderly Mom and wanted to avoid the commotion of a busy resort. The ability to have privacy and access to social activities made this an excellent choice. While at the residence, Andre was available for any and everything, from support with the apartment supplied cell phone to recommendations for places to visit.

The apartment was extremely comfortable, the décor and appliances were up to date and the level of comfort and security were above my expectations. Some of my family stayed in Negril, but saw our apartment before they arrived at their resort. While they were comfortable at their resort, they commented that they thought our apartment was the better choice considering the quality, privacy and value of The Tallyman rental. I will be sharing the rental information for their return to Jamaica.

Normally, I rent a vehicle when I visit Jamaica. This trip, I was traveling with many other responsibilities and I decided to travel by taxi. WHEN I return to The Tallyman, I plan to rent a vehicle. The location of The Tallyman is less than 10-15 minutes to anywhere you need to go in Montego Bay. The taxi industry, however, in Montego Bay is less than consistent. To avoid the haggling and attempts to direct your experience, avoid the general taxi service providers. I recommend car rental or prearrange a private driver. The "DICKERING" about taxi fares, prior to each trip, could ruin the whole vacation vibe. Don't bother, leave the taxis to their foolishness, and it is EXTREME foolishness!

Thank you Andre and I look forward to returning in the future!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Privacy and comfort
Liked least: Taxi service
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Zelpha D
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Very private great location and nice place”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I love this place come to Jamaica every year for Sumfest in Mobay and this place was 5 mins drive away from the venue love it great place for family with kids too

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing