“Great ambiance and very good food”

The Calypso Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 131 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

It is not too easy to find a restaurant in Montego Bay that will combine great food, great ambiance and impeccable service but Calypso manages to do so. Whether one is eating outdoors or under the large pavilion the setting is lovely and the service is friendly and attentive. The chef who hails from Mexico but has been around the world and Italy in particular has devised an interesting menu with good choices. The spicy seviche as an appetizer is delicious and both the fish entrees and the duck are very well prepared and presented.
Altogether it is a pleasure to have a really good restaurant in Mobay and I warmly recommend it!

2  Thank Manuela G
bluejamaica, Public Relations Manager at The Calypso Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you for this great review and your appreciation not just for the ambiance of the restaurant but the effort we put into the menu. We actually have new items now that you might like to try.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We ate there a couple of times this month, the food is world class and the service is excellent! All the dishes I tried were pretty good, but I recommend the corvina. The chef very honestly admitted that arrive frozen, nevertheless it taste as fresh a fish just fished. The wine selection is decent to be in Montego Bay and they serve one of my favorite red, the Primitivo!

1  Thank jamesgoren
bluejamaica, Public Relations Manager at The Calypso Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for your great review! We have now put a new menu in place so please let us know what you think after your next visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

nice lobster good service try the cantina malbec nice red wine.
had the lobster and chicken both very good, Val is the man

1  Thank Showme3

Glad you enjoyed the lobster and the wine and very happy that Val provided good service as usual. Please come again!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Calypso's ambiance and setting is fantastic, the restaurant is on the water and is in a lovely and lush setting. I had dinner with friends and the appetizers were scrumptious - I love the stuffed mushrooms and my entree the steak was delicious. The service was friendly and warm, I will definitively eat there again.

We are so happy you enjoyed both the ambiance and the food. You may want to come back and try some of our new menu items. We're waiting for you on the terrace:-)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time at Calypso during "Restaurant Week". I have actually dined there on two occasions, and both have been excellent. On both occasions our table was visited by the Head Chef Luis, and the concern for our experience to be a very positive one was his top priority.

The appetizers were presented beautifully, and the main courses we excellent. The Mint Ice-cream was my personal favorite.

I recommend Calypso to anyone and everyone looking for a higher end dining experience, and associated services, to give it a try.

1  Thank SLIM77SLIM77

Thank you for the love and appreciation. Luis and the staff have all been working hard over the past few months on making a name for the new Calypso Restaurant and the close rapport we try to maintain with our customers will continue so that we can keep providing our guests with great experiences.