After having read many reviews of hotels in the area, myself and five of my girlfriends decided on staying at the Royal Decameron. From the minute we arrived, we were blown away by the beauty and cleanliness of the hotel. Everything is right on the water, bright colors, fun music and friendly staff.
We spent 5 days hanging out by the pool, on the beach and on the water trampolines. I must say this hotel is a 4.5 star hotel in a 3 starred rating disguise. Everyone was friendly and the food was wonderful. I have always heard bad things about food at all inclusives but I must say the variety and quality was excellent.
The daytime entertainment was a lot of fun and the staff made it easy and desirable to take part in activities like jamaican dance contests with the natives (wow) and water balloon wars. The free water sports was a definite perk too.
The bartenders were great and played upbeat music. The drinks are strong and all very good - we didnt have any problems with them filling up larger glasses or repeatedly serving us all day long either!
In particular, the manager, Victor was a complete doll and made sure we were all comfortable and well taken care of the entire trip. If you have any problems, ask for him and he will take care of you.
The only improvements I found to be needed were the nightclub Glitter and some of the nightime entertainment (the fashion show is great). Also, if you leave the hotel premises, you WILL get harrassed. Just say no firmly and keep walking -- they will leave you alone. Also, if your looking for a spring break type of atmosphere, Royal Decameron is more laid back although you can make a party if you want :)
I must say for the amount of money we paid we were not expecting much but this hotel exceeded ALL expectations and we had a complete blast. I would go again tomorrow if I could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive