Water front resort. Part two storey and part 4. All very nice as a classic "all inclusive" resort but lacking some friendliness; a legacy of a large resort with board walks and narrow beaches below concrete sea walls. A lovely location to watch the sunset.
"All inclusive" EXCLUDES WiFi (only available in reception for US $5 per hour) and in room safe at US $2 per day. Go figure!
Lovely large room and large bathroom. Good bed. Shower pressure just at best, adequate. Plenty of hot water. Air-conditioned, ceiling fan, cable TV, iron, ironing board. Our room at the end of a row of buildings, room 21, was very quiet.
Food for an "all inclusive" was very good in the buffet, (we were quite impressed) but the restaurant which you need to book on advance, was poor. The only possible reason you would bother with the restaurant is to control your serving portion as many of us tend to over eat at a buffet. The choice of drinks throughout our stay was very, very good with the exception of wine which was absolutely horrible.
Service was adequate and efficient but not overly friendly. Check in and check out was efficient but so it should, 4 staff, a couple of guests with nervous glances between all before a staff member would make a move. I guess the staff did not generally come across as friendly, rather just processors.
A nightly show in the resort was good. We didn't use the water activities but the list seemed extensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive