Royal Decameron Montego Beach
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$295
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
El Greco Resort(Montego Bay)
$96
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$616
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$216
$210
  • Breakfast included
Toby's Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$78
$76
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$988
Priceline
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$198
$168
$100
Priceline
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$478
$253
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$328
$307
3,318 results
All reviewship stripsouk restaurantsunset buildinga la carte restaurantentertainment staffocean viewbeach grillmain buildingcornwall beachclose to the airportminutes from the airportpool barsmall resortdunns riverfood was greatglass bottom boatwater pressure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This place was fantastic.....we are use to 4, 4.5 not really 5 stars, so this time around was a first for us....not a mistake by any means. We were delighted....don't expect shangralla rooms, they are 3.5 star, but you only sleep there. The beaches were great...the trampoline and floating dock a great idea. But the thing I loved the most was that there were diving areas, off the piers....this was so much fun. The food was great, don't miss the pizza in the beach front snack shack. The service was pleasant. Drinks always cold and a wide variety. Say hi to Bling and Pepper, these girls work hard to keep the up-beat pool and beach area rocking. Nice and close to the airport so no long bus ride with a million stops (typically, when a tour company specifies a 1/2 hour drive from the airport....that translates into double or more, considering the multiple drop offs.) This resort was literally, a 5 minute ride from the airport....and registration was quick also.

Would I return or recommend this to a friend? ABSOLUTELY!!

1  Thank LORI786
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The rooms are always kept clean by the maid. The sheets, pillows and towels are fresh everyday. The hotel landscaping it horizontal (if you know what I mean. No not innuendo) So as soon as you leave your room. Take the stairs (3 flights) or the elevator (4 people max) You're in the lobby and 20 steps away from the lawn chairs, bar, pool, sea and sunshine. Now unfortunately you can't take a long walk on the beach because from one end to the other it takes about 2 minutes if you walk slow. They have 3 long piers you could walk out on and get a nice view of the Caribbean sea and the beautiful resort. The beach was the lease of my worries because the entertainment crew kept you busy if you're an active and spontaneous person. Their activities are actually really good and always fun. I participated in all of them and always had a good time. Snorkeling was probably the best part. You can literally snorkel right off the resort for 2 hours and never get bored. So many things to see. So many fish and rocks and creatures. Awesome! If you get the chance to go to Negril (1 hour away) Do it. They have a beautiful beach located : Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Negril. It's lovely there. Drinks and food aren't included but it's beautiful. Also go to RICKS CAFE. Again drinks and food not included but the food it good and the CLIFF JUMPING IS BREATHTAKING AND FREE!

MY TIPS AND COMMENTS !!!

•Always wear sandals. Always. On the patio. In the room (slippers/socks) and sandals in the shower.
•Delicious drinks.
•Great activities to keep busy and that are actually fun to participate in.
•Room is always kept clean and fresh
•Food is delicious. If you like omelettes. Get an omelette. Their DELICIOUS.
•The hip strip is beautiful. Their pushy. Don't be scared. They wont hurt you. Just don't go down the one alley they have with shops. I don't know what's down there so i stayed away)
•EAT JAMAICAN PATTIES. Their very good. Try the cheese one.
•Ask for a beach view on the highest level if you can. It's beautiful.

TRIP ADVISOR :
Jimmy Buffet MargaritaVille Negril: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g147313-d1047284-Reviews-Jimmy_Buffett_s_Margaritaville_Negril-Negril_Westmoreland_Parish_Jamaica.html
Ricks Cafe: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g147313-d149415-Reviews-Rick_s_Cafe-Negril_Westmoreland_Parish_Jamaica.html

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CaribbeanBabe92
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I just came back from a week at the Royal Decameron and we couldn't be happier. We were greeted by smiling, friendly faces at check-in and it was very prompt. Our room was nice and had a fabulous view of the ocean. We were given the opportunity to check out our room and see if it met our satisfaction before completing check-in which we really appreciated. It was not the Ritz, but it was as expected at a 3-star resort which was what we were paying for. It was clean and comfortable with a nice view and that's exactly what we were looking for so we were not disappointed in the least. Housekeeping did a great job of keeping the room clean and stocked with fresh towels and the toiletries. There were plenty of bars (even a swim up bar) with many happy bartenders who always made sure you were having a good time. They have a buffet restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and offers a wide variety of delicious foods. There is also a beachside grill that offers burgers, hot dogs, salads, pizzas, etc. that is open for lunch and then late night. Then there is the Souk Restaurant which requires reservations. They have a 6:30 and an 8:30 seating. We ate there once and the food was very good there also. There are many water activities you can enjoy - snorkeling, paddleboats, kayaks, water trampoline, windsurfing, hobie cat. They will take you out on the hobie cat if you don't know how to drive one yourself. Just please be sure to tip him. They also have activities going on all day - trivia, beach volleyball, water aerobics, and many other fun games usually around the swim up bar area. All of the employees were so friendly and acted like they genuinely wanted you to have a fun vacation. We plan on going back next year and this time we'd like to stay for two weeks.

Room Tip: We were in Room 203 which was kind of close to the band area. The band does stop at 11:00pm but if you happen to want to go to sleep early one night, you may want to request a room a little further down the hall - maybe 211 or 212. Just make sure it's unobstructed by palm trees.
2  Thank Honey1721
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Listen, the Royal Decameron is by no means a 5 star in the traditional sense of the word, but when my boyfriend and I travelled there in December 2013, I had read the reviews on here and thought, oh no, my boyfriend is not gonna like it. But he did. In fact he loved it and so did I.
It is a resort, so the all-inclusive includes entertainment, some people have said that it was too loud, but you are on vacation!! You shouldn't have to get up in the am for anything! The service was awesome, with or without tipping. I think the staff understands that not everybody carries cash in their swimming trunks or suit, and we made sure to take care of everyone on the last day of our trip.
The beach on the other side of the beach grill was where we spent most of our time (except for the hip strip). We went the week before Christmas so maybe that is why it was never packed, but no matter to us because we were able to get a seat and move around in and out of the sun when we got too hot without disrupting other guests. It was perfect!! (Although we did have a local who kept pulling out his junk, but the property security immediately got him away without us having to tell them, it made me feel instantly safe!!)
The food is local, which is why they are able to offer the stay at such a great rate. I didn't expect too much based on the reviews, so maybe that is why I was pleasantly surprised, but I must have lost 15 pounds from that trip from eating such healthy fruits and veggies (and walking the stairs). And I drank my weight in alcoholic beverages every day (if not twice a day)! The coffee was amazing, and I am definitely picky about my am coffee…although one suggestion I might have is to put coffee pots in the rooms, I am a raging crank when I first wake up until I have my coffee, and my boyfriend takes forever to get up in the am, making my plight that much harder!
Will we return? Absolutely, and in fact the boyfriend wanted to go back this december but I successfully convinced him to check out other Caribbean islands before we come back! But after we see the rest of the Caribbean, we will be back to Jamaica and the Royal Decameron. I feel sad about those who have had a bad experience here, ours was golden!

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view (obviously), ours was above the pool looking at the pool bar, so we were able to see if there was any action there, as well as listen to the music playing.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Leslie F
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just got back from a visit to the Royal Decameron in Montego Bay. We had a very nice and relaxing vacation and enjoyed the hotel. Everything was just as I expected it to be (our third trip to Jamaica and 5th all inclusive Caribbean trip). Sure would have been nice if something had pleasantly surprised us by exceeding our expectations, but not too many complaints.

When we arrived at 4:30 in the afternoon we had to wait until after 6 to be taken to a room. They didn't however, have the ocean view room we booked available and took us to one of the few (I would guess maybe only 5 on the whole resort) garden view rooms. The room was bigger had had two areas and two beds (a king and a twin), but it wasn't ocean view. This room was noisy (from the busy street nearby) and very dark (I had to bring the suitcase in the bathroom so I could see what I was doing). When we were finally (after 3:00) relocated to the Oceanview room we had a great room on the 4th (top) floor. Much brighter, quieter and a great view.

The three food options suited us just fine (buffet, beach food, dinner restaurant)...we appreciated that the buffet offered "local" food like oxtail, jerk chicken/pork, fish and various side dishes. It might be less than ideal for more choosy or less adventurous diners.

We really appreciated that the resort was smaller/less people than some of our past trips. There were always plenty of beach/pool chairs, cabanas, hammocks and such - I never felt like we had to hurry to save a spot. We also enjoyed being steps from the beach and sitting so close to the water during our meals at the buffet. The resort is on a long narrow stretch of land so you are always close to the water/beach and though the beach itself is broken up by boarwalk/breakwall sections, it creates nice little pockets so you don't feel like you are in a sea of people even when all of the chairs are full. Not ideal though, if you are a "long walks on the beach" kind of person - no long walks available here.

We happily went sailing almost every day with Ivan and never had to wait in line or bribe him to take us instead of someone else. Most of the other guests didn't seem to take advantage of the water sports options.

Evening entertainment didn't start until 9:30 and was good enough. One night they had a dance team come in to perform, another they had a guy who '"breathed fire", another balanced things on his head and walked on glass...a third night they embarrased guests with some kind of "Miss Decamaron" contest, we didn't stay for that one...... Better than watching a movie in the room, but nothing to write home about.

Bartenders were nice and drinks were plenty strong. Housekeeping was efficient and always had fresh towels. The whole resort seemed well maintained and clean. Someone was always cleaning something. The water pressure in the shower was miserable. The a/c worked, though we preferred to leave the doors open and let the breeze do the work instead. Didn't use wifi, though saw other guests skyping from the Lobby. They had two computers available for $5/hr with internet access.

Booked through funjet, with hotel transfers included and waited so long at the airport for the bus to leave that we could have (literally) walked to the hotel faster. Not too sure about other taxi options, but would check into that next time. Didn't have any problem with the airport being too noisy even though it was a five minute drive. Even with our patio door open....

I would recommend this hotel to a friend. As long as that friend was used to staying at the Holiday Inn and wasn't a picky eater, or required a lot of beach walking....not a resort for someone with really high standards I guess. Everything was just as I expected it to be, no frills, just relaxing vacation time.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Ocean view room. Some rooms on the airport end looked like they might be nicer, but we didn't go inside. Consider a ground floor room for fastest access to the beach -they all have patio doors right to the sidewalk.... If we go back with our kids I would totally get a ground floor room for easier in and out.
2  Thank AtchBee