“Amazing experience”

Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed from October 15th thru october 22nd. Ill start by sayinf the hotel wasnt busy because I went in off season. When I went to check in ittook less than 10 minutes. Went to my room #324 and was immediately amazed at how immaculately clean itt was. The view was gorgeous and it was right above the poop so I could ppl watch which I love to do. Only issue I had was there was 2 beds and it was just me and my boyfriend I loved the view so much though so we just decided to stay with the room. The housekeeping does start early by the way I want to say about 9am which was a lil annoying. Also they were doing repairs which were loud and woke me up. Now the food.... Breakfast was always good to me and my man Im American but hes jamaican and he loved the breakfast food... a few examples of what they had Liver, calaloo, fish fritters, fried dumpling, boiled dumpling, saltfish, on the american side they had sausage bacon scrambled eggs. .boiled eggs..and an excellent omelet station. .also fresh fruit and yogurt. Everyday there was something different. Lunch I cant really speak on because I was usually already out around that time but I did go to the beach grill which serves hotdogs and hamburgers..best hamburger I ever had it was so fresh and juicy Yummmmmyyy. ... Dinner was good they usually had some type of chicken and fish but each day it was seasoned differently one day jerked next day bbq next day grilled etc etc...also they had amazing soup (coconut chicken soup) omg they only had it once while I was there but it was yummy in my tummy..now let go to ddrinks so freaking good. They only have local liquor so no grey goose or Hennessey. But the drinks were wicked good if you wanted them stronger just ask my personal fave was the California Lemonade no idea whats in it but it did the job lol..my man only drank Appleton and Cranberry (so boring) The bartenders were friendly and quick except the one by the pool was always busy and had tons of bees. One of the bartenders were rude she completely ignored me while having a convo with another employee but I just waited patiently. Other than that great bartenders and friendly give them a 2dollae tip at least once per day. The nightly entertainment I only made it to one show because we were mostly gone at night but the one show was awesome.... great singing performance followed by an international dance routine. Oh the beach is nice very clean but alot of rocks. They also have hammocks outside you can lounge in and a basketball court and tennis court. Also saw a playground for kids ..speaking of kids there werent any except for my last day i saw a few kids at the pool. Ummmmmm thats pretty much it...oh yeah its on the hip strip great shopping always bargain never go for the first price they give you and do remember weed is illegal but ppl will constantly try to sell to you

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Lovelybrowngirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Not impressed! The room had a great view and the resort is close to the airport!

Best tennis I've ever played in a resort from Garnett and Gregory. Garnett was so patient and he teaches kids too!

Food was not good only looked forward to eating 1 of 7 day stay!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank JWendy D
Bahamas
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just returned from staying here for the second time and already I'm planning when to go back.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to give you a great holiday and help you in away way they can. The water sports they offer are excellent and all for free with great staff teaching you. Hotel is very clean and looked after, with staff cleaning the grounds and raking the sand from very early in the morning. Only thing I think could be improved is the bathrooms, which are getting to be dated, but still clean.
Excellent food, something different at the buffet every night and always delicious.
Only downside I experienced was the Beach Party they had one night, right by my room and it was ridiculously loud, which was not needed, especially when it wasn't that busy and was 11:30 at night!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the centre away from cabaret stage and pool bar where they may have a beach party once a we...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JaneSimpsonBahamas
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let me start off by saying that upon arrival I was a little disapointed in my room. The location and look of it left me feeling unsure about my stay. This isnt the worst hotel but I certainly wouldnt stay in a place like this in the States. But there are a few points I want you guys to know

I traveled there from 10/4/13-10/13/13. It was a group of 7 with 3 rooms total. 2 of the rooms were decent enough clean bathrooms and working AC. My room however the bathroom was NASTY. It looked worse than the projects and left me uncomfortable. The the AC unit had some mold looking stuff on it and I refused to use it for fear I may breath in something terrible. So we opted to open the doors and use the fan. No problem

The staff at the front desk are rude and really not helpful at all. We had to find out everything from other workers such as the waitstaff.

The food was so/so some days good some days terrible but that was to be expected with buffets.
THe waitstaff I love.... Shana Kay, Kerry Ann, and Omar were the best. They treated my entire party so good. I love them!!!!!! They were polite and helpful

Housekeeping was cheap with towels we had to complain to get fresh ones several times. Matter of fact they felt like sandpaper anyway so bring your own. Beach towels too!!!!

The entertainment..... The ENTIRE entertainment crew is awesome. Whether you see them at breakfast or performing they are friendly and energetic. There are various things going on throughout the day like at the beach or near the stage.. they are just awesome. I love Peppa, Chocolate, Sprinkles and Dimiri-- watch out for him, he is a character. Just kidding Lol Love them all they keep the place lively and fun.

I rated the hotel at a 3 because of the staff above. Had it not been for them I would have hated my stay here and rated the place a 1. They would be the only reasons I would consider coming back, honestly and truly.

So overall if you want a livable place to sleep while in MoBay then this will do but if you want luxury or atleast a US standard of stay then spend more money somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Nataya H
texas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We chose this facility as it was within five minutes from the airport and based upon other posts decided to try a smaller resort, which we were glad we did. Immediately upon arrival you see the ocean (ahhh), check in was a 5-10 minute process, the room was okay but the view more than made up for that, eating breakfast, lunch, dinner steps from the water..oh my, sitting at the bar and watching the sun set..priceless! Met great people from the UK, Scotland, Canada and Cali, the nightly entertainment folks did an outstanding job keeping up from being bored. Sprinkles, Chocolate, the MC and other lady you guys are awesome and can dance! Bar10Ders Kaleisha, Westside, Landford and others you make yummy drinks. The water sports gus Ivan (aka BooBoo) were equally awesome. Dining area Kim, Atkeem and others you guys were so kind and sweet thanks for making breakfast and lunch pleasant. They all knew us by name and knew what drinks we wanted at dinner and at the bar. The food choices are okay my hubby got creative and made us turkey and ham sandwiches, the salad bar is okay; however, if you want jerk chicken go off the resort. Hot water water was hit or miss. Our room was by the outside massage huts and the hammocks. Others have tried the fancy schmancy resorts; however, they return to RD because the hospitality and friendly people you get to know over the days makes up for the lacking of little things!

Room Tip: Older section (rooms 20 - 36) are okay, no loud pool music or club music.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MassageGyrl
Sainte-Adele, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went for one week in September, 2013, and I'd be ready to go back right now, for two weeks. There are few other places that I could say that about. This is more than a 3*. You will eat here like in a 5+*, and it is extremely clean. The people are so kind, they just are willing to help you out whenever you need it, with a smile and a courteous way. We will return here. Being close to the airport, we thought it would be loud, but no, I think the water absorbs the noise. We did the catamaran one day, and the Young man (Yan) was very helpful with our questions about the coral reefs and the Jamaican life in general. Barman Langford and his accolyte Andrew made us laugh and were a good time. Pool Entertainment made us pass a good time during the day, though sometimes the music was way too loud. Loved it when he put reggae music, but some of the other music got to be stressful. Have you ever gone to a hotel resort where the bathrooms by the beach actually smell good? Well, this is the place! It was cleaned regularly and always was fresh. This was a very pleasant aspect for me, the cleanliness. The people at this resort represent very well their country. I WILL return here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Sylvanne_75
Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, not far from the airport and within walking distance to Hip Street. The staff are wonderful, very friendly and helpful,the entertainment staff work really hard to keep everyone happy there is a lot of audience participation when the shows get going but they don't push it if your not happy joining in. This resort also has it's own night club which doesn't cause a problem with noise. The two restaurants are good one is buffet style with lots of selection and the other is sit down waiter served, the menu doesn't change but going here once or twice makes a nice change. I traveled here with my husband and daughter but would not have a problem going here alone we all had a great time and will defiantly go again :))

Room Tip: This hotel has very few garden view rooms almost all are ocean view I was on the pool side and my da...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family