We stayed at the Royal Decameron Montego Beach September 18-26th. We had room 114 right by the pool. We loved this room with one exception when ever the red headed guy on the entertainment crew showed up the music became unbearably loud! So much so to give you a headache and everyone at the pool was annoyed and some driven away. On the other hand when Sprinkles on the entertainment crew was doing the music the volume was perfect, loud enough but not vibrating us off our patio. We found the service to be good our air conditioner broke at 11pm one night they offered to fix it first thing in the morning or move us to another room when the A/C tech on duty could not fix it. We chose to stay in the room with the ceiling fan going which was a little sticky but not too bad for one night. Another tech arrived 9:30am and promptly fixed it. The next day it started leaking all over the floor and again was fixed promptly and remained in good working condition the rest of the stay. Our room was cleaned very well every day as well mostly by Ms. Camelia who was a sweetie. Service in general was good all over the resort.
I find it odd people complain the food is bland we found the exact opposite to be true. As an example there was white rice on the buffet almost every night and for lunch too. May have looked like the same thing but it was flavored different every day. As an example one day it had ginger and tarragon the next garlic and peppers etc. etc. We found the food to be good especially on Monday and Friday nights which the buffet was Jamaican themed. There was a different theme each night. We ate in the reservation restaurant two times and found the beef to be greatly improved, tender and tasty compared to our last visit. The omelet lady at breakfast was great and she made great panini grilled sandwiches at lunch too. There is a little white crane type bird that hangs out on the sidewalk in front of the buffet restaurant at breakfast he/she prefers egg should you like to give the bird a treat.
The bartenders at the pool bar were very friendly. Fitzroy made the best drinks and I learned to play dominoes from Eliscia. Made sure to visit the older rasta gentleman at the craft tables he's very nice and has great wood carvings. We didn't partake in much of the evening entertainment but what we did see was nice.
Will we visit the RDC again? There is a good possibility as you can't beat the value of this resort and how close it is to the airport. Love to have another room by the pool if the volume of the music is kept at a reasonable level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive