If you want a hotel that is reasonably priced with good food and a decent oceanfront, this is the spot. It is right on the end of the downtown strip and close to lots of amenities. It is an ideal spot if you are trying to save money, and you know that you will be doing a lot of day trips.
i wouldn't recommend this spot as a relaxing family location. There is not a lot of beach at all. However, the view is amazing, and there is plenty of chairs if you are just there to get a good tan and see part of the coast of Montego Bay.
The staff could definately use some tips in customer service training. There were a couple who were great, but most still did not seem like they enjoyed their jobs. Entertainment was good and surprisingly better than I expected.
Two things we were disappointed with: 1) there is no free wi-fi - after we paid for wi-fi for the day, the staff told us they have free wi-fi right across the street. I was NOT impressed with this AT ALL. EVERY hotel should have free wi-fi now. I think this is ridiculous and just a way for hotels to try and rip you off. GET FREE WI-FI for your guests!!!! For now, go across the street and use the wi-fi at the coffee shop. DO NOT PAY!!!
2) our first room was awful. It was at the very end of the second building right beside a tiny public beach area and directly in front of a street. Between the cars honking, alarms going off, and music being blasted from a car right outside our room at 6:30am, I was not impressed. However, the front desk staff were very helpful and gave us a new room the next day. If you are a light sleeper, room 44 is bad news!!!
With a few more trainings in customer service, change in uniforms for the staff (the ladies had shirts on that were way too small and looked awful), and a few updates to rooms and facilities (e.g. weight room), this hotel could easily be a four star and not a three. However, you get what you pay for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive