As soon as we got out of the cab from the airport we were greeted by very friendly staff. Even before check in they wanted to know if we needed anything. Checkin went very smooth and much to our surprise the place and our room did not smell like cigerette smoke, like osyster.com had said. The rooms were plain but very clean. Complete with a stocked mini fridge of Red Stripe beer and soda, sprite, coke and diet coke. As we said the room was plain but we weren't there for the room anyway.
There were 3 bars. One in the lobby, where they served me a beer during checkin, one in the main common area and a swim up pool bar. All were stocked with a variety of acohol and soda. And they had many different types of drinks. They could make anything you wanted almost. No mojitos and you could have any kind of beer you wanted as long as it was Red Stripe.But as before the service was friendly and great.
There wwre 3 resturants, the main buffet, which was not opean 24/7, but that was never a problem. They served all 3 meals and were open till 1am for late nite snacks. They even helped me make a couple of quick breakfast sandwichs to go. So we could take them with us before leaving on an off site tour. They also had a grill by the beach that served lunch. And they cooked one of the best cheese burgers that I've had anywhere. And they had a nice la carte sit down place that we never seemed to have time to go to. But we herd it was nice.
All the regular stuff was offered, snorkling, kyakeing,sailing. And if you did not know how to do any of this the friendly staff would teach you with the pateance of Jobe. Tenchnally there were 3 beachs. Two small ones on each end of the resort that were right on the water. The third larger beach sits atop a seawall wih plenty of acsess to the water. All 3 were kepted very clean and the lifeguards checked the water infront of all 3 every morning before letting anyone in.
They had some good shows every night that ranged from just a reggie band to a vegas style to a small circus type acts. All were very enjoyable, including the calipso band in the lobby. They also had a disco that opened at 11pm and ran till 2am but we never made it.
All in all we loved the size of the place ,130 rooms, which gave you the chance to meet other guest. It was never crowded, we did go in September, so that may have something to do with that. They have kids programs but we only seen two young children while we were there, again september might have had something to do with that. It is diffenitly a party resort but it is also very relaxing. Its right off the hipstrip so shopping oppertunitys abound.
We found that some of the things oyster.com said were not all together so. and all we can say, like many repeat guest we met there, we are for sure going back . And did we mention what agreat value it was? Because it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive