After a decent 9 hour flight across the Atlantic we checked in to one of the rooms in the Sunset Building away from the main hotel. Very pleasant room- flat screen TV, fantastic ocean views with brilliant sunsets- 2 huge and very comfortable double beds!
.I guess it's usually around this time when you look for little niggles but I'm here back in England and didn't find one!
I was just reading that someone didn't like the food or some of the staff! I just went "What!? Can't have stayed where I just did" Often in All Inclusive the food is "bland international fayre" but not here. There was lots of choice you just had to find something you liked and all the staff in the dining room were great. I often think it's how you treat them. The restaurant overlooked the sea which was beautiful!
The A la carte was good quality too and unlike many resorts it was at no extra cost.Try the fruit juices at breakfast - everything from Beetroot to Cucumber, Melon to Papaya.
I'm not big on Entertainment teams but Siddique and the guys were brilliant - just great fun. I enjoyed the entertainment every evening - some top quality entertainers. Well done to Britney, Chocolate, the big man Sprinkles and the rest who were movin' non stop for a fortnight! "To the beat, to the beat!"
There are lots of sunbeds- we like the beach to the left of the hotel where you could walk into the sea and the Beach bar was nearby for lunch where if you fancied a change you could get a burger - they still had delicious Jerk chicken too!
Try the glass bottom boat trip with Captain Poly - entertaining guy who will take you round the bay where he's been sailing for 30 years.You'll always find him at the end of the pier to the right of the restaurant.
We took one trip to Dunnes River falls with the tour company - too much "shopping" for me but the falls were great. I would recommend searching out one of the taxis opposite the hotel. We found a really nice guy called Hilton Forsythe who took us serenely to Negril and Rick's cafe. He took his time to tell us all about wildlife, fauna and history - a really good guy and highly recommended.
Then we sunbathed.....read a few good books...were treated to a big storm on the next to last day - very dramatic!
Overall this was the best holiday I've had for a long time - well worth the long flight -got free "big seats" in Premium coming back to make the holiday complete! I hope I can go again soon.
A big "thank you" to everyone at the Royal Decameron - absolute tops!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive