Stayed at this hotel for our vacation - March 10 - 16, 2013. We did not expect to be overwhelmed by this hotel due to the pictures. The pictures on internet do not do this hotel justice. Its a beautiful hotel, great service for the most part, wonderful resort!
We had one bartender named Chris who was completely rude to us. We ordered the infamous "Chi Chi" drink and he stated very rudely to my bf that he was not saying it correctly and refused to serve him. We went to another bar in the resort and ordered the drink again and were served. We asked the second bar tender how it was pronounced and he told us we were saying it right? Needless to say we all together avoided lobby bar to avoid j*ck*ss bartender thereafter (who was working our entire stay). Other then this we noted that the staff worked very hard and were very polite.
The resort was very clean and under maintenance. Though I could imagine some people would have been annoyed by all the painting and maintenance going on at the resort - it did not effect our stay at all and the resort looked immaculate as a result. The Jamaicans work very hard. During our staff I believe a owner or manager was in from out of town - we noted a gentleman who was staying at resort wearing Decameron logo on his shirt. We were told by another guest that prior to this managers arrival the service was much slower, however we have absolutely no complaints and would return to this resort in a second.
The location beats any other resort in Montego Bay hands down. Was very close to airport but plane noise does not bother resort what-so-ever in fact, it was quite the site watching all the different sorts of planes land throughout the day. Hotel is located on hip strip so it is not much a walk to see Montego Bay strip and downtown. (BEWARE FANTASY MARKET - when u leave the resort a guard will ask you for your room number and where you are going, just outside the gate there are people waiting to take you "shopping". They will bring you to market place which is safe but very overwhelming, good to see but leave your money at the hotel for this wander session). I have never seen people pressure you into buying things so badly elsewhere).
We got to see all other Montego Bay hotels from our tour buses, other ones very far from airport and town and appear completely "ghetto'ish" just outside the resorts. I dont believe I would stay at any other hotel regardless of cost in Montego Bay.
Great value! Well done Royal Decameron!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive