Royal Decameron Montego Beach
Sandals Inn(Montego Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Deja Resort(Montego Bay)
  • Pool
Hotel Gloriana & Spa(Montego Bay)
Caribic House(Montego Bay)
3,317 results
All reviewship stripsouk restaurantsunset buildinga la carte restaurantentertainment staffocean viewbeach grillmain buildingcornwall beachclose to the airportminutes from the airportpool barsmall resortdunns riverfood was greatglass bottom boatwater pressure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort several months back for a quick getaway. This was our first visit to Jamaica. The attitude is very laid back but pleasant. If you want a laid back attitude and terrible service, I recommend the Bahamas. Anyhow, the service and food were good. The view from our room was amazing. The resort was clean and well manicured. It's a short drive to the airport and shopping was within walking distance. We went to Dunn's River Falls (insanely crowded), snorkeling (neat), Shaw's Gardens (yawn), and ziplined (so fun). Speaking of snorkeling, my husband enjoyed himself snorkeling in front of the resort. Overall,I feel that this resort was a great introduction to Jamaica. If you're looking for an all inclusive but don't want to go broke, this resort is for you. I'm giving it 4 stars for value alone. My husband and I spent roughly $1200 ($1200 total, not each) for a 4 night stay all inclusive with airfare included during the off season (booked through Travelocity).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank smh2579
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our family stayed from December 18 to January 1, 2013. This was our third Christmas spent at this resort and they do an excellent job!

Customer service - outstanding!!! Everyone working on this resort wants their guests to have a great vacation and they will all go out of their way to provide that.
Rooms - basic, clean and comfortable. We only use the room to shower and sleep, so they don't need to be top of the line. The rooms are big and air conditioning works well. The only complaint I have on the rooms is that they changed the pillows. They used to have larger, softer pillows and the ones they currently have are a bit flatter and harder.
Ocean view from the room - incredible!
Food - the food on this resort is excellent. In fact, I'd rate the food as a 4.5 based on what other resorts serve. Dining room staff are awesome at their jobs, as are the chefs and kitchen staff!
Entertainment - most of the usual entertainment group are gone but the new group, while different, are very good at entertaining everyone. They work from morning to night and are one of the reasons this resort is so unique. The Royal DeCameron dancers were on stage every third night and they are world class!! The entertainment this resort provides is truly on of the reasons we keep coming back to this resort.
Value for money spent - 5+. You can pay a lot more for a fancy resort but you won't get the customer service, food, entertainment, view, and friendliness this resort provides. Best value in Jamaica for the cost!
We will definitely go back to this resort.

Room Tip: We've stayed twice on the second floor in room 210 and once on the ground floor in 109. Next time I will request ground floor - you don't have the balcony view but it was awesome to be steps away from the sand.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank shandy7740
Reviewed January 3, 2013

2 weeks left nov. 16 2012. really had a great time. would do it again in a heartbeat.Shaq thank-you for everything Shaneka James,Brittany Randell,Domic Hines ,Sadiki Jack,Rayon Gordon,Sanna Sue Kerr, if I left any out I,m sorry the staff was the best.Miss you guys.Lynnford Tour Cab Driver everyone use him for your tours good prices and a fine gentleman. Ask for him at the front gate. Food was good even in 2 weeks was not bored of food enjoyed everything.Only a couple things wrong,stay on first floors, no water pressure. As I am a smoker not enough ash trays. The beaches were great, and snorkling right there saw so much.Love the people o hip-strip
not as demanding as Mexico or Dominican.I did good at the casino.Weather was great no rain. Can hardly wait for next nov. 2013 see you all then hugs and kisses.xox Cath & Ed

Room Tip: Again stay on first floors if you want water pressure Next year we will ask for rooms 106 to 109 They are bigger and have water pressure No nite view though, go for a walk then safe grounds
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Cath429
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Royal Decameron look the same as it did 30 years ago .Iwas named Jack Tarr then.It was one of the best places we had ever been to .Looking at it now takes my back to the two weeks we were there.

The staff were the best,and all had british names Finley,David,Camaron.Finley Joseph,Russel.I wonder where they are now !! hope they had a good life.

Maybe we will go back one day .Hope you all have a wonderful time there like we did all the years ago.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank jesseywales
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We spent a wonderful week at this hotel Dec 22 to Dec 29 2012. The weather was perfect as well. The food was tastefull and varied every day. The dining room staff was friendly and efficient as were all the staff that we encountered. They sprayed for bugs twice that we noticed during our stay, and there were no annoying flies or mosquitos. Maintenance and cleaning were constantly going on and the grounds were well kept. All areas were clean. Food and drinks were plentyfull. I did find the hot tub a bit cool. All rooms have a sea view, but we loved ours on the ground floor with its patio and shade just steps from the beach, pool, bar and dining room and activities. It is located just minute's walk from the centre of the Hip Strip and a short taxi ride to the centre of Montego Bay. It is also close to the ariport and you can watch the planes coming in.

Room Tip: All have ocean view. Ground floor is great to just walk out onto the beach or other areas.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple