The wife and I needed a chance to just relax and recharge the batteries, Royal Decameron Montego Bay did the trick. Our overall experience was great, especially for the low cost of the get away. If you are looking for a huge resort that makes you feel like a pampered aristocrat this will not be where you want to end up. If you want a great value with an overall friendly and inviting vibe this may be just what you are looking for.
The Good: The bulk of the staff was very friendly and personable, tipping helps!
The views from all the rooms are amazing (you don't need to pay for the "Ocean view", they all have one).
The resort is smaller so it doesn't feel overcrowded.
The grounds are beautifully manicured and really add to the overall feel of the property.
The Bad: The front desk staff, not very welcoming considering they should be the "face" of the resort.
The bed and pillows in our room were very uncomfortable, might have been the hardest I've ever encountered. Luckily between the sun and the free cocktails it was still pretty easy to sleep. I have read mixed reviews on the bedding so I'm assuming it's luck of the draw.
Punchline- If the opportunity presents itself, I will enjoy staying her again, and feel very comfortable recommending it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive