ROOM- My childhood best friend and I stayed at Royal Decameron Montego Bay from July 19-July 24th visiting Jamaica for the first time. When we booked the room we knew that this was only a 3.0 star hotel and we were ok with that because we vacation twice a year and only wanted to pay 3.0 star prices this time. The hotel was less than a 5 minute drive which was very convenient for us especially being that the taxi’s overcharge you ($15 for a 3 minute ride to the hotel go figure). Our check in at the hotel was quick and easy, the elevator upstairs to our room was tiny and hot (only fits 2 adults if you want to avoid passing out lol), the room was very clean, and the frig was stocked with water, soda, beer and wine. The room was a little dated but it’s clear they try their best to provide you with as much updates as they can. Cleanliness was most important to us so the fact that it was very clean and free of the “hotel smell” made me feel very comfortable with downgrading to a 3.0 star hotel on this vacation.
DRINKS- Oh Goodness…..the drinks were absolutely great! Some of my favorite drinks were the Nuts & Berries and Pink Pleasure (I think that’s the name). Kenisha, Rupurt, Christopher, and Jerome were hands down the best bartenders I ever had! Rupurt was the funniest and when I think about how silly he was, I smile. Good laughter and being happy really does soothe the soul!
FOOD- The Jamaican dishes were good but the American dishes like spaghetti or lasagna……uuuh not so much. I'm American so I guess if I tried to cook Jamaican food it would be a total flop for me too. The chicken is fantastic and they have multiple dishes to choose from so u will definitely find something Jamaican inspired that you enjoy. My suggestion would be to not wait until the last minute to eat because the buffet is open to the outside air and I noticed some fruit flies on the fruit when whenever we ate late. That killed all future options of eating fruit for me during the rest of our stay no matter whether we ate early or late. Lastly, although they switched up the food selections, we got tired of it after 3 days so we skipped lunch the 4th and 5th days and opted for dinner at Burger King the 4th night and the Bobsled Pizza place the 5th night
PEOPLE- The staff at the hotel was very accommodating however, I could feel and see a huge difference behind the eyes of the women staff and men staff. When I asked why the women seemed to be a little cold towards us I was advised that the women aren’t the fondest of attractive American women mostly due to jealousy and the idea that we take their men away from them. Initially I thought that statement was silly and untrue but when we received that same look and coldness from the local women on the street, I began to believe it was true. We decided whatever their issue was we weren’t going to entertain the looks anymore and decided we would just talk to the people who were most friendly to us….. the men HA! The hotel is right on the hipstrip so walking down the road to the local shops, Margaritaville, and the Pier was an easy walk. The locals are a little annoying wanting you to buy from their shop but we kindly turned them down and kept going our way. Luckily we were not offered to buy drugs or s*x but if were, we would have kindly turned that down just the same.
Overall—I enjoyed myself at the hotel and had a fabulous time using their beaches, boating, pools, and bars! I would stay there again but since I always like to experience new places, I would want to try a few of the other all inclusive hotels before redoing Royal Decameron Montego Bay. If you book this hotel you will enjoy yourself just remember three things…. 1, you cost conciously booked a 3 star hotel (so don’t expect a 5 star hotel). 2, you are on vacation (so check all your troubles or bad attitude in at customs). 3, You are in Jamaica where they love to party and have a good time so remember that it will all be no Worries Mon!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive