Our family went to Royal Decameron Montego Bay at the end of May, after reading the reviews I went with an open mind. Usually we would stay in 4 or 5 star hotels and seeing this as a three and a half star I was expecting it to be more on the bad side but i was pleasantly surprised.
My daughter really enjoyed herself, so did myself and wife. The food was mostly good, they need a pastry chef but other wise from that is was good. My wife went to the spa and was satisfied, the good thing is, it cost half as what is would at the 4 and 5 star resorts. The rooms were basic but clean. The staff was pleasant. Morning Tennis was also great. I was also able to see plans land at the nearby airport, that was really cool being a lover of planes.
The few negatives to the resort are NO WIFI, they have two computers in the lobby which you have to pay $10US for half hour. The next as I mentioned before is the deserts not being so great. Last is, if you are on the ground floor near the pool it can be a bit noisy and if your is close to the entertainment area that can also be loud at nights so if you have kids you may want to choose a different room as the late noise can disturb there rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive