Royal Decameron Montego Beach
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$563
$488
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$517
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$231
$217
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$525
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$306
$269
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$327
$234
  • Pool
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$519
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$531
$433
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,463
Hotelpower.com
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,637
Hotelpower.com
3,334 results
All reviewship stripsouk restaurantsunset buildinga la carte restaurantentertainment staffocean viewbeach grillmain buildingcornwall beachclose to the airportminutes from the airportpool barsmall resortdunns riverfood was greatglass bottom boatwater pressure
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was my 4th stay at this hotel. I booked the oceanview room and was checked into a pool view room. I was promised a oceanview room the next day and that never happened for the 4 days we were there. This seems to be a policy of this hotel since this has happened before on a previous stay. I think this will be the last time I book this hotel because I felt the food and the service from the front desk was very poor. The bed in my room 225 had a dent in the middle and when you sleep it really hurts your back. I had to visit a chiropractor while I was on vacation. I was promised that housekeeping would take care of it that never happened either. They were recycling the food because the variety was limited and it would be the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamaica_Beach_Bum
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Wow, well... Great place for the budget traveler. ( just note that you would pay for any extras...)

Beautiful simply beautiful location, close to much shopping and good meals and so on.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This was my 4th trip to Jamaica and I had the best time at this hotel. The food was amazing and the hotel was very clean. I really felt at home and was very sad to leave. The staff was very friendly and were always having fun and getting to know us. Two people really helped in making this trip exceptional. Daneka and Lionel (Rooster) were amazing!!! They got everyone involved in the activities and were so much fun. I hope they are still there when I return to this hotel. Hopefully as soon as possible. Highly recommend it to everyone!!!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank KarenEntz
Reviewed May 25, 2011

The Decameron is literally a 5 minute transfer from the airport which for us was great having had a long journey, the planes going past the beach did not bother us at all and didn't make much noise at all.
The first impression of the hotel was unfortunately,awful, the reception staff are so rude I was speechless at first. Having never been to Jamaica I started to wonder whether this was just the way they were and I didn't know what to say! There had been a confusion with the booking and even though I had all the paper work from the package deal they would not accept it, ignored us, refused to let us contact our rep from the phone. It was dreadful and instantly made us feel that this was destined to be an awful holiday. The behaviour from the reception staff continued for the rest of the holiday, they are unhelpful and exceptionally rude. Thank goodness though that the rest of the staff are not like that! The entertainments team at the hotel are the best I have ever seen at any hotel, they are warm,friendly,funny and welcoming and come and talk to you every day,they are great fun to watch and be around. We stayed in room 317 which was always kept clean and they are quite big rooms with a big bed. We had to ask for it to be cleaned on the last day and were told that it sometimes takes up to 5pm to be cleaned. We had a beautiful ocean view from which we could watch the sunset on the balcony and a large complimentary bottle of water is left every day. There was some maintenance that needed to be done in the room, the latch was broken on the door as was the handle broken on the patio door, they were just minor things that needed repair.
The hotel is all inclusive and the rep had told us that its one of the only hotels that serves traditional Jamaican food. Overall, I really enjoyed the food but it seemed to go down hill as the holiday went on and the same foods were churned out every few days. The staff in the restaurant are great though, chatty and friendly and good service everyday.
As far as the bar service goes, most of the guests were of the same opinion in that unless you were a single female you waited ages to get served by the barmen! The pool bar opens at 10am and a large amount of the guests hit the bar ordering cocktails early on, its quite frustrating waiting for ages sometimes just to get a diet coke.
The hotel is very lively and is definitely not a place to go for some peace and tranquility! They have games,fun,dancing and quite loud music going on from 10am, I really enjoyed that but some might not. They have shows most nights with the ents team and these seem to end around 11pm. There were a couple of nights on the holiday when a place next door played incredibly loud music until about 3am, but after a few rum and cokes it didn't really bother me. The hotel apparently have a bus service to take guests down the Hip Strip but we didn't use it.
The beach and grounds are very well kept, the beach is private and raked every day with some trampolines in the sea that you can swim out to and lay on. I loved doing that. There were plenty of sun loungers and some with little canopies if you're not a sun worshipper.
I felt lucky that we had booked this hotel as a package deal with Virgin as the rep was really helpful and booked all our excursions and helped us with our reception problem. I would have felt lost if I had booked this independently as the reception staff will not help you at all.
All in all, I really enjoyed the resort, if they changed some of the reception staff it would have been much better.

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floor for the best sunset views
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jacko657
Reviewed May 25, 2011

If you can accept a 3-Star hotel, you can enjoy the location and amenities. Of course, as an all-inclusive, you can eat and drink practically 24-hours a day. Food is best when you learn to have prepared omelettes for breakfast, lunch at the buffet or beach grill, and dinner at the a la carte restaurant (make reservations each morning at the buffet).
The location is literally on the oceanfront, where everything you do/see will be within feet of the beach (or actual ocean at high tide). Sunsets are best and very photographic.
If you leave the hotel property, try to have a specific place to go, and never let any locals direct you. While there are some interesting places you can walk to on the strip, the locals will try to relieve you of your money by an honest sale, or a pickpocket team. Be careful across the street and just to the right of the Decameron entrance as there is a team of pickpocketers right out of Oliver Twist ilk.
Say hi to Conroy, Mark, and the Banana Boat individuals (which you will undersand why when you are there).
Ya Mon!

Room Tip: Get there early & negotiate room onsite.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends