“What a great surprise - terrific food!”
Review of Biggs BBQ Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Biggs BBQ Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Jamaican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Best jerk chicken I had in Jamaica, and great BBQ too. Sides were also good, although the cornbread wasn't as good as mine :) We love visiting BBQ restaurants in the states and this one definitely impressed, especially since we weren't expecting much given some of our less-than-stellar dining experiences in MoBay.

Nice outside patio with beautiful views of the water and beach. Kids loved watching crabs scurrying on the beach while the sun set. They also loved sitting in the Jamaican Bobsled!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Moving around Montego Bay, Jamaica was a wonderful experience, but after encountering admissions fees for the bathrooms and beach front at places that will remain nameless, it was refreshing to know that some things are still free...really free. The drinks were amazing and the music was a mix of contemporary hip-hop/pop/rock. There you will find people of all demographics and ages having a great time. You can also take your drink and sit overlooking the beautiful beach. The staff were very friendly and entertaining. PLUS there is a bobsled that makes great photo-op. You can walk your way to the beach, which is divided next to a fee-based well known and popular beach right next to it. There was honestly no difference in beach scenery.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I just got back from a short 4 day, 3 night getaway to Montego Bay for my birthday. My last visit to MoBay was in 2008 and I was very disappointed at the demise of the lively Hip Strip/ Gloucester Avenue (separate review). I had researched Hip Strip eateries prior to arrival and was dismayed to learn that some of my previous favorites (The Native, Cool Runnings Cafe, Groovy Grouper) were no longer open. I must say I was intrigued the the concept of an American-style BBQ joint in the heart of Montego Bay (since Jamaican bbq = jerk), but I ate at Biggs two out of the three nights I was there, it was just that good. First night I enjoyed their signature pork ribs; they were amazingly flavorful, smoky, perfectly charred, lip smackin', finger lickin'. They serve their bbq 'dry' or 'slobbered' (with sauce) and I opted for the sauce. I never understood why 'fall off the bone' ribs is what everyone aims for; I like a little gnawing (caveman style) my meat off the bone and Biggs delivered. Two nights later I returned and had the bbq chicken and it was also delicious. The main portions are offered in 1/2lb (plenty of food) or 1lb options and include two sides; the side dishes were fresh and very good, however, the portions were small - I literally was done with my potato salad after about 4 forkfuls. Biggs is also a sports bar so I was able to watch some ACC basketball while dining one night and a NHL hockey game on the other. Service is American (fast) versus Jamaican (slow) and if you're lucky, Mr. Biggs himself will be in the restaurant as he was on my second visit. With the overall decline of the Hip Strip, Biggs BBQ was a very welcome respite. (I came here for dinner; if you come during the day, they even have a private little beach in the back of the restaurant you can enjoy after your meal.) I was also glad to see that the real Jamaican bobsled that had been the showpiece of the Cool Runnings Cafe could now be found in its new home at Biggs.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Thanks Bigg for the great time and hospitality shown for the Gold Medal Game
OH CANADA you made the place rock for us
Great food and service and nice touch with the National Anthem and We are the Champions played at end of game
Canada thanks you

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Our cruise ship was docked at Falmouth, Jamacia. We took an excursion to Montego Bay. We found Biggs near the public beach. We had a delicious lunch of BBQ chicken and ribs. The prices were great and so was the quality of the food. Our waiter was friendly and efficient and we totally enjoyed our lunch. We were able to sit outside and view the beautiful waters of Jamaica. After luch we used the private beach which was absolutely wonderful. They also had inside dining, clean restrooms and a sports bar.