“very Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Kingston, Jamaica
“very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This Hotel is new so not many reviews were available. I had no issues with front desk, We were in our room in no time. The hotel is beautiful. The water park is a kids dream come true, the pool is great, rooms were small but livable. The food in the Italian and Steak House restaurants were great but the food in the main dinning room could be better, variety was lacking and taste was bland. I will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gordonpierre88
WhiteSandsGM, Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Hello gordonpierre88,

Firstly, thank you for having decided to visit Royalton White Sands. Thank you also for taking the time to share your review with us as these do help our team to make changes for the further satisfaction of our guests.

I am happy that you loved the Stake house & Italian food and service offered by our staff. It was a pleasure to have hosted you and we look forward to the opportunity to do so in future.

Community Relation's Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,344)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We went with a group of 6 adults and 5 kids under 6.

Pros:
-Resort was nice.
-Staff was friendly
-Kids had a blast at the waterpark and pools
-beach was small but nice
-pizza was good in the italian restaurant

Cons:
-Food was not at all gourmet. Would not go back because of the food. Service in the restaurants were slow. Room service very limited menu. My husband ordered a burger and the meat was similar to frozen patties you buy in the grocery store. I would not eat it at home and definately will not eat it on vacation. I did not feel the food was at all gourmet.
-Buffet had the same food. Couldn't eat it after 3 days.

We travel a lot and expected more.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Melissa F
DEVON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Just got back from 2 weeks stay at the Royalton.
First the Positives
Cleanliness is of a very high standard and on the whole the staff was helpful and polite, the complex was really nice, the rooms of a good size for 2 people, beach was clean and plenty of sunbeds.
Now the Negatives
We think the biggest problem was the food often cold with cold plates food not replenished quickly not a big variety of food, we found on a number of occasions when we returned to our table it had been cleared away including almost full glasses of wine and beer. Drinks took a very long time to get. We found it very irritating when we went to the steak house and Italian to be told they were full when there was plenty of empty tables to be seen, also keep the chain on your door as people seam to come into your room anytime night or day. But on the whole we had a really nice holiday but would we return I don't think so.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Davebill1959
Kingston, Jamaica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

As positive as I try to keep things, I just have to inform the public. I have never had Gastroenteritis all my life until I visited Royalton White Sands Resort. So rather than spending 3 days enjoying the hotel, instead I spent 1.5 days in the hospital- another major expense to this trip and by the time I arrived back at the hotel it was time to leave- disappointing.

I had ongoing diarrhoea in a short time frame that eventually left me drained to the point where I fainted. Luckily the nurse arrived the other 3 times I was about to faint so I never blacked out again. The ambulance had to come for me as there was no way I could walk. Yes, it was that bad and I was very dehydrated- I could have died.

My other other colleagues also came down with diarrhoea- 20 persons to be approximate and the numbers might have been more, but just not reported. The hotel really needs to revise their policy on food handling and preparation- something evidently went wrong.

To me the ambiance is gorgeous, staff great, but persons also come to an all-inclusive hotel to enjoy good food and that was highly disappointing. So for me I think this hotel is a thumbs down and if you do want to return from your trip relaxed and in excellent healthy, I highly recommend making a detour from Royalton White Sands Resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank Racquel A
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay from July 8th to July 16th. The staff were friendly, courteous and thoroughly professional. The location is beautiful and well maintained. The staff at all the venues were well trained and always ready to help. Special thanks to Denise who worked at the beach pool bar. She took the extra steps to help me when I wasn't feeling well. I sincerely thank her and her co-workers for their kindness and professionalism. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Decide if you want ocean or mountain view. It will improve when construction is completed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank Helen F
WhiteSandsGM, Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Hello Helen F,

Thank you for choosing Royalton White Sands as your hotel destination. We thank you for your commendations of our resort, staff & service.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your vacation & we do hope you come again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived the very warm and friendly staff have made this stay one to remember. The rooms may have some minor leaks in the bath but the maintenance staff were there to inspect within 20 minutes of letting the staff know.

The hotel is the perfect size, not large and the staff do a great job. Best spot is the caffe and gelato lounge with Chaldrick and Latonia always going out of their way to accommodate. Dunn falls and Mystic Mountain were great fun, with Peter at the coincerge arranging a driver for us.

Last but not least Ricardo and his entertainment team did a great job. Carl and Kein are excellent bartenders with interesting stories of Jamaica.

We fly back tomorrow (July 18) and have not come across any of the negative experiences mentioned in some reviews. Brilliant job management and staff of Royalton. Dhalia your long hours pay off!

PS - We had connecting rooms 612 & 613 which were pretty decent.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank CrashBash
WhiteSandsGM, Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Crashbash,

We are glad you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us and that everyone enjoyed our large pool area and amenities. Thank you for offering a five point rating and we hope you will stay again and recommend us to others.

Thank you for choosing Royalton White Sands.

Community Relation's Manager.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I am currently at the hotel now. I've been her since the 14 of July. The resort is pretty and the food is ok. But the room I'm in is not that nice.My balcony door does not lock. I've asked for a blow dryer and I've been waiting for 2 hours. I told the front desk that I was on my honey moon and they did nothing to make this a special stay for me and my wife. I even asked for a room change and I still have not heard anything about that. I wish I would have stayed somewhere else. This is my third time in Jamaica and I will NOT be coming back to the place again. So if you get room 527 reject it. It's very small with a small bathroom. The tolet is so close to the shower that is hard to use it. I'm 6'5 and I need room. I leave on the 20th and hope my experience turns around.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
7 Thank zacchary p
Dear Zacchary p,

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the
perception that you had . We strive to make the resort a pleasant experience for everyone and it was very unfortunate that you were impacted by a rocky start.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of further assistance. We certainly appreciate having you as a guest and want you to return to our resort.

Best regards,

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Royalton White Sands Resort? Share your experiences!