“Liberty Tours is a must use for service!!”

Liberty Tours Jamaica - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Liberty Tours Jamaica is located in Montego Bay and is license by the Jamaica Tourist Board. We offer customize tour to Hotel Guest and Cruise Ship passengers from Montego Bay,Falmouth and Ocho Rios to hidden gems of Jamaica. Our main goal is share our knowledge of our rich history and culture with our vistors along with a memorable vacation.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Looked for tour guides on cruise critic and found references to Liberty Tours (Ricardo & Maria to be exact). I contacted Ricardo and set up our desire for a tour, he suggested ideas to me and we settled on a price and itinerary. Once we arrived Maria took over the tour making sure we not only had the chance to see areas off the "normal" tour routes but making us feel welcome and putting our minds to rest about any safety concerns my wife had. If you go to Jamaica and have the opportunity to use Liberty Tours, do yourself a favor and use their services you will be impressed at how well they take care to make sure you enjoy your time on the island.
THANKS AGAIN Maria (I hope I'm spelling it right).

1  Thank glsmshr
Write a ReviewReviews (1,472)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"fruit stand"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were on RC. Oasis of the Seas, landed in Jamaica, where Ricardo promptly met us at the designated time and place for a great adventure. First we went horseback riding thru a little village where we stopped to mingle with the locals and had a drink at a local bar, then rode horseback on the beach. We traveled to our next destination, stopping to enjoy some sights and history of Jamaica. We arrived at The Blue Hole Secret Falls, where we enjoyed jumping, rope swinging and swimming into the cool water, right next to a magnificent water fall. On the way back we stopped for lunch and enjoyed Jerk Chicken and Rice at a quaint local eatery. Ricardo set us up with local people, who made us feel safe and comfortable. Ricardo kept the fun coming but made sure we arrived back to the ship in plenty of time. We highly recommend Ricardo, Liberty Tours for your day in Jamaica.

1  Thank Diane W
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I visited Jamaica for the first time in September to celebrate our anniversary and after hearing about concerns for safety while traveling, I was reluctant to go with a company I had not heard of before. But let me tell you Ricardo and LIberty Tours made us feel safe and well taken care of from our initial meeting and pickup at the airport to our tour of Montego Bay later during our stay. What a relief to find someone like Ricardo who has the most incredible knowledge of Jamaican history that from the moment you meet him, your tour begins to feel simply like riding along with a good friend.....a friend who picks you up in a beautiful, clean, air-conditioned van and who makes you feel completely safe. I'll say that after reading all the terrific reviews on this site, I started to get skeptical but these reviews are spot on accurate! We can't say enough about our time with Ricardo and the job that Liberty Tours does to make your tour completely what YOU want it to be, not like cattle on a bus being herded towards all the tourist spots. If you want to see the REAL Jamaica and have an unforgetable experience, then go with Liberty Tours and Ricardo! Hands down this was the BEST decision I made for our first trip to Jamaica!

1  Thank inmygarden
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had one day in port at falmouth and wanted to get away from the cruise ship. Lots of tours did Dunns river falls but it seemed like it would be overcrowded. Found secret falls online ( lots of you tube videos) and set this tour up. It was just my wife and 2 other people in the van. Ricardo gave us some good local history on the 45 minute ride out to the falls. Once there he hands you over to some young local guides who show you the falls. Can't overstate how amazing secret falls was. Like something out of national geographic . Lots of places there to jump off , climb inside caves, and use rope swings. If you have a go pro or other waterproof camera take it with you , got lots of amazing videos.
After falls went to quick stop in ocho rios for shopping . Then lunch at Scotchies. Great local place that has amazing jerk chicken . I don't know if it was helped because hungry after the falls but that was one of the best meals of my life.

Overall great day with Ricardo. Never felt rushed and he let us change the schedule up to our tastes. Would highly recommend to other cruise ship passengers as you'll get such a better feel for area than a larger cruise ship based tour.

1  Thank lyonmat