Review Highlights

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Maryann E
via mobile

1,498 results
All reviews ricardo riley blue hole rose marie secret falls jerk chicken peanut porridge our tour guide ocho rios cruise ship rope swing juicy patties water shoes detailed instructions entire cruise fruit stand sugar cane air conditioned van
Reviewed 2 days ago

We had a great time on our Blue Hole tour with Liberty Tours. Ricardo was our guide and did an outstanding job. My son (18) really enjoyed Blue Hole. It was his favorite part of the cruise. My daughter(21) also enjoyed it. My wife and I were a little leery of using a service that did not go through the cruise line but we had absolutely no problems or regrets. One thing that I really liked is that they help take pictures using your phone at no additional charge (really it is a lost revenue stream for them compared to what I paid for pictures at Stingray City in Grand Cayman and Dolphin Discovery in Cozmel). There were no safety issues and I would recommend Liberty Tours to anyone visiting Montego Bay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ricardo was the best tour guide. He picked us up quickly and easily and told us about Jamiaca on our way to Blue Hole. We stopped and got a Jamaican breakfast, took pictures overlooking a famous beach, and after Blue Hole had a delicious traditional lunch. At Blue Hole, we had the best time! Ricardo and his co-worker, also named Ricardo, got in the water with us and made sure we were very safe. They especially helped my mom who had trouble swimming and was scared to jump from the rocks. They made sure to get GREAT pictures of us and most importantly made sure we were safe! Highly recommend them to anyone going to Blue Hole. Also we had time to shop at the end too.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ricardo from Liberty Tours Jamaica picked us promptly at the terminal! On our way we made a couple of stops for pictures, souvenirs and snacks. We had fun conversation the entire way there, which you’ll need because of the distance. The Blue Hole didn’t have the big crowds you get at Dunn’s allowing for lots of great pics!
When we come back to Jamaica, Ricardo and LTJ will be on our itinerary for sure! Ya Mon!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Most amazing day ever! Ricardo picked us up and immediately made us feel safe and comfortable the entire time. He is extremely knowledgeable of the island. We took a private horseback ride thru the neighborhood, jungle and into the ocean. It was truly breathtaking and an unbelievable experience for my daughter and I. We then went to the Blue Hole. We had the best guide that assisted us. We jumped into waterfalls, off platforms and swam. It's truly a magical place and one of Jamaica's hidden jewels. It was nice to be off the beaten path and break away from the cruise ship crowd. And of course had to finish it off with jerk chicken at Scotchies. It will be a day we remember for the rest of our lives! When in Jamaica, Ricardo is your guy to show you around the island!! Ya mon!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

My family and I went on a cruise in August of 2017. One excursion we chose was cliff jumping while stoping in Jamaica. Although the trip was long, our tour guide Ricardo was AWESOME! He stopped and showed us historical locations in this beautiful Country and educated us on any and all questions we had. It was my Husband and I, our four children, and my Parents. Ricardo interacted with all of us! Even occasionally jokingly including our 1 year old... Once to our destination, we sceptically left our wallets and purses in the van, but he and his Team kept our belongings safe and untouched as we enjoyed what was probably the BEST part of our trip! I know this review comes over a year later, but it was most definitely an experience we were ALL able to bring back with us, and can STILL say we loved! Our only regret is that more of our family couldn't be with us to enjoy this amazing experience! THANK YOU RICARDO!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Ricardo and the people he worked with on the tour were amazing! We had a great time. Ricardo is also very knowledgeable and taught us about Jamaican culture. We felt very safe the whole time. Highly recommend him!

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Ricardo was our amazing guide for me, my 4 siblings and our spouses! He was fun and knowledgeable! We drove from our port in Falmouth to Blue Hole Falls and White River tubing near Ocho Rios. Both excursions were amazing! We loved learning about Jamaica and enjoyed the laid back culture! Ricardo was very accommodating! We asked if we could stop to get some jerk chicken. He ordered our food at Scotchies ahead of time so that it was waiting for us when we arrived there! The van was clean and air conditioned. We arrived back at our ship within plenty of time! Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

i can’t say enough about this tour!!! We were aboard the Disney Fantasy. For our stop in Jamaica none of the Disney excursions really peaked my interest. When I began looking at reviews I found the Blue Hole Tour through Liberty tours. Everyone online raved about how great it was, especially the tour guide Ricardo. I decided to book the tour for our group, ages 6-50. I was a little apprehensive because the booking just said pay in cash when you arrive. However, after talking to Ricardo he told me that he has to do it this way because of the tax system in Jamaica.
We got off the ship with clear directions where to meet. We met Ricardo and off we went. He told us all kinds of things about Jamaica on the way. Our first stop was where Christopher Columbus landed in the 1400’s, it was beautiful. On the way to the Blue Hole we stopped and sampled local fruit, sugar cane, and were able to interact with the amazing Jamaican people.
Once at the Blue Hole we were greeted by Omar and Riley, our guides for the day. They took such good care of us making sure not only that we had fun but were safe as well. We climbed to the top of this beautiful system of waterfalls. That’s when the excitement began. We were able to jump off several cliffs into the beautiful blue water. Everyone enjoyed it, especially my 6 year old nephew!!! They have a photographer capturing every moment. One of the jumps has a zip line you can ride right into the water!!
After several hours there, we boarded the bus and had lunch at a jerk chicken place that was delicious!!!
This trip was amazing. It can be done with kids, that are brave. I’ve been to Dunn’s River Falls and this was so much better. The people were amazing and the place was just gorgeous. Email Liberty tours today and have the adventure of a lifetime!!

Reviewed September 25, 2018

Had a great time in Jamaica thanks to Liberty Tours. Ricardo and his crew are outstanding.

We were picked up at the port by Owen who was our personal driver for the day and then headed to Blue Hole near Ocho Rios. Nice clean and cool late model van. Owen provided some great Jamaican history and insight on our drive and gave us opportunities to stop for pictures. Had a great conversation about Jamaican Scotch Bonnet peppers and then we got to taste some as he took us to Scotchies restaurant after our Blue Hole tour. Family loves them and we have already gone through a half bottle of sauce since returning home and just ordered another.

Once we arrived at Blue Hole Owen handed us off to Riley while waiting with our belongings at the van. Riley helped us along the river and the various jumps taking pictures with our camera. Our 13yo and 15yo boys had a blast. The jumps were definitely high enough to challenge them and scare us!! So much fun. Water was cold and felt great.

After the jumps we chatted a little with Ricardo about his tour business and we left with so much respect for him and his team. Top notch people and transportation.

As mentioned above Owen took us to Scotchies for some great grilled chicken (and Scotch Bonnet sauce!!) and then a little shopping and then back to the ship.

We highly recommend Liberty Tours when in Jamaica and can't wait to get back.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Our tour guide was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. He even waited for us when we were late getting to the tour meet up which that alone was exceptional.