“Great Excursion - ask for Ricardo!”

Liberty Tours Jamaica - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Liberty Tours Jamaica is located in Montego Bay and is license by the Jamaica Tourist Board. We offer customize tour to Hotel Guest and Cruise Ship passengers from Montego Bay,Falmouth and Ocho Rios to hidden gems of Jamaica. Our main goal is share our knowledge of our rich history and culture with our vistors along with a memorable vacation.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were so pleasantly surprised by this excursion. We felt nervous at first after reading so many mixed reviews about Jamaica. But, book with Liberty Tours and ask for Ricardo. They will tell you exactly what to do and will be waiting for you at the port. Ricardo will drive you all around the island in a VERY clean and comfortable van. He is so knowledgeable about Jamaica - you can ask him anything! He will take you wherever you want to go, just ask. His English is so good; you won't believe he has never left Jamaica. We had originally scheduled to go from Falmouth to Dunn’s River Falls, but Ricardo suggested we visit Secret Falls instead since there were 4 other ships in port that day in Jamaica. We took his advice and weren't disappointed. On the way to the falls we visited Discovery Bay and stopped off to get a drink. The falls are beautiful and so natural. There were only a few others at the falls when we went. The guides were so much fun. We jumped off a cliff, swang off a rope into the falls, climbed up the falls, and even climbed DOWN the falls. We had ample time to do everything at the falls. It is pretty physically demanding, so would not recommend to those not wanting an exhilarating experience. Make sure to take water shoes!! The only bad thing was that there were no changing rooms at the falls, so we had to change behind the van! Afterwards, we even got to try fresh coconuts. In addition to the falls, Ricardo took us to Scotchies for a great Jamaican Jerk lunch and shopped a bit. Ricardo even took us to a local grocery to pick up some spices, much cheaper than at the port!

It was such a great excursion, although a little expensive, it was worth it. It was our favorite excursion of our cruise!!!

1  Thank Adrienne H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,421)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Ricardo met us and never complained that we were an hour late! He is very knowledgable about all aspects of Jamaican life and was happy to share. He is polite and the ultimate professional. He took us to Secret Falls which is an online tour not offered by the cruise lines and it was spectacular. Had a great jerk chicken lunch. Better yet he took us to the beach afterwards on his own time just because we asked to "dip our feet in the ocean and get some sand between our toes". I would highly endorse both Secret Falls but most of all Liberty Tours. He has the tour listed as Ire Blue Hole. Give this local operator your business; you won't regret it.

1  Thank 6JeffS
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Like another reviewer we had originally booked with another company. Ricardo picked us up and I'm so glad he did. Mayfield Falls was our main destination this day along with a jerk chicken lunch. Ricardo suggested the Secret Falls instead (aka Ire Blue Hole). We agreed and off we went. We asked if we could stop and get some adult beverages for the trip. He stopped at a store and suggested we try the Appleton Rum and cranberry juice. Excellent choice. Our first stop after filling our cups was Fire on the Water which was very interesting and provides a glimpse into a very real Jamaican way of life. We then headed to the Secret Falls talking and asking wuestions along the way. Ricardo is a wealth of information and loces to talk about his home. All I can say about the Secret Falls is read the reviews! It is a once in a lifetime experience you will NOT regret. Do yourself a favor when in Jamaica and book private tours through these small independent companies. It's a win/win.

1  Thank nyagnandagn
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife & I, along with my brother & his wife were on the Oasis of the Seas, and had Ricardo take us (and only us!) on a personal Jamaican tour of Dunn's Falls and another falls, as well as great food at a local restaurant! Also some other personal touches that made the tour fantastic!!!

He totally took care of us, and we will always remember the time we spent with him. He gave us the local inside scoop, and answered all our questions. He took lots of photos of us, and allowed us plenty photo opportunities per our requests.

He is a very careful and safe driver. We are glad we didn't take the impersonal cruise ship tours; Ricardo gave us a personal touch. We highly recommend him!!!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I travelled to Jamaica for the 3rd time January 31st - February 17th and was lucky enough to have Ricardo pick me up at the airport in MoBay and take me to Ocho Rios. Ricardo is an excellent driver and great company :) We stopped for lunch at Scotchies along the way and it was fabulous, as was the view! I would highly recommend Liberty Tours and I know I will be giving them a call on my next trip to Jamaica. Thank you Ricardo!