“Excellent service and courtesy- Ochio Rios Area”

Di Jamaican Flava Transfers & Tours-Day Tours
Ranked #21 of 108 Tours in Montego Bay
Ewing, New Jersey
“Excellent service and courtesy- Ochio Rios Area”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

From Montego Bay to Ochio Rios, the knowledge and information recieved from our driver, made us feel as though we were natives of the land. As a first time visitor, I would recommend Di Jamaican Flava Transfers & Tours-Day Tours to all of our family and friends visiting. Mark Williams was an excellent host and I wouldnt want any other guide! Thank you for making me feel at home.

Visited January 2014

Bordentown
“Excellent service knowledge and experience”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was awestruck and enlightened by the knowledge of our tour guide. I believe it was worth 3 times what I paid safe friendly courteous and all around great guy

Visited January 2014
Katy, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A memorable day in Montego Bay!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were fortunate to meet Mark when we got off the ship in Montego Bay. We had no excursion planned for this port and weren't really sure how our day was going to turn out. We were a family group of 12, age range teens to mid-70's. We told Mark most of us had not been to Jamaica before. He said no worries he will make sure that we have experienced a little Flava of Jamaica by the time we leave.

Mark took us sightseeing showing us the beautiful rural areas, the local neighborhoods, the large resorts ... all along we talked about fun facts of the island. Mark answered every question we asked until I asked about the type of plants and fruits that grow in Jamaica and is there an "island" flower. Mark paused for a second and said he didn't know much about plants etc BUT that he has a friend who owns a nursery and fruit farm and would we be interested? We all agreed thinking we were going to a small fruit stand/market place.
Little did we know we were in for a treat and about to meet Lester, his family and nursery on acres of land with plants, flowers and fruit trees. Lester offered samples of different types of coconuts, we got to drink coconut water directly from a coconut, taste starfruit, pineapple, tangerines, cocoa beans, and sugar cane! All fresh cut right from the trees. We were there for a few hours and it was a minimal fee for this wonderful Jamaican experience.

For lunch Mark took us to a local place, Scotchies, to taste the infamous Jerk chicken and other local foods such as rice and peas (not beans - but it is rice and beans), festival, yams, sweet potato and breadfruit. All of it was wonderful!

At the end of the day we told Mark we wanted to stop by the beach even if it's just to put our feet in the water. We ended up taking a few awesome sunset pictures before heading back to port.

The one thing I have not mentioned is that it was Christmas Day when we were in Montego Bay and not once did Mark or Lester (or his family) make us feel rushed, they in fact made us feel welcomed.

We definitely got more than a little Flava of Jamaica this day in Montego Bay. Thank you Mark!!!

Visited December 2013
Katy, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Can you give more than 5 stars?”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My extended family and I ended up in Jamaica off a cruise ship with NO idea what to do. We did not book an excursion and were UNBELIEVABLY lucky to randomly get assigned Mark as our guide by one of the traffic cops at the terminal exit.

After a quick negotiation to determine the charge (very reasonable per person charge) all 12 of us boarded his very clean beautifully maintained van and headed off to view the country. Mark's amazing personality and his local knowledge got the trip started right off with an incredibly positive vibe. My children LOVED his accent and his enthusiasm to share the Jamaican culture. Also, his experience of having lived in the United States for 3 years makes him the perfect guide. Without any prior knowledge of the fact that he would be entertaining 12 random people, he took us around the island and showed us various neighborhoods, retail shops and brought us to Scoty's for lunch (YUMMY dive bar/restaurant) with really good food (even for the vegetarians in the group).

However, the absolute BEST part of the day was our time with his good friend Lester at his orchard/fruit farm. The various fruits that were picked by Lester and his son's were incredible. The information on growing and maintaining such a tranquil area of land is awesome. Tasting fresh coconuts (three different types served several different ways) was such an eye opening moment as the fresh juice from split coconuts tastes NOTHING like the overly sweet processed crap we get in the states. Make sure to arrange a trip with Mark and tell him you want to go to the fruit farm.

I cannot imagine there is any better price for a guide in Jamaica. Book your trip with Mark early and let him know what you want to do. His local knowledge and professional business attitude will guarantee an amazing experience! Ya Man :)

Visited December 2013
Tionesta, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The only way to tour Jamaica”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I have been to Jamaica 5 times and are planning on another trip in January. Two years ago we met Mark and were so sorry we hadn't met him years before. He is so informative, so professional, very punctual, very personal. I could go on and on. We have learned so much about Jamaica from Mark. He picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel, picked us up for our tours and took us back to the airport. Our first experience with him was an 8 hour day and he never left us. We took a ride to the Blue Lagoon the next year. Breathtaking. Awesome. I would NEVER go with a large tour group again. The personal service you receive from Mark makes your feel special. What a guy. We love you Mark and are excited about out visit in a couple of weeks.

Visited January 2013