See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2017

I was here during Spring Break, and I was originally paying $18 a night, and the owner without telling me, charged my credit card $25 a night. I tried to say it wasn't fair, but she wouldn't listen to me and kept the price high.

She didn't even tell me she was overcharging me. I only found out when I logged into my credit account. I wasn't too happy she charged my card that much without telling me.

Also, my credit card number was stolen here and then resold to someone. I know, because I only used that credit card here. Thankfully, my credit card company caught it and froze my cards.

There's good about this place too, though. It has a nice environment, and it's good for making friends. But in general, I just felt cheated after Julia did this to me.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
TBNJulia, Owner at The Bird's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Paul, this is the second time we reported you for violating Tripadvisor's guidelines. Just as a reminder and for clarification: You asked for a room change from our 6-bed dorm to the 4-bed dorm with air condition and you confirmed the price for the upgrade. You received a receipt for your payment instantly and even wrote us an email thanking us for the wonderful stay. We ARE NOT ABLE to access any of our clients credit card details after the payment is made.

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

I had no idea what to expect from The Bird's Nest when our taxi driver first dropped us off. As soon as I stepped inside though, it was clear that I was in paradise! The Bird's Nest was truly a safe haven in a country that was unfamiliar to me. With that in mind, as my vacation progressed The Bird's Nest became my home away from home. The hostel itself was incredibly nice and well maintained. The scenery was second-to-none! There is a gorgeous array of tropical plants and animals on the premises that almost entices you to never leave the hostel at all! Whether you want to go for a dip in the pool or just kick back on the porch, there is always a spot at The Bird's Nest where you can meet new people and enjoy the wonderful weather. The staff was very helpful and was always there if a problem were to arise. This was my first time ever staying at a hostel and I can say confidently that you should ABSOLUTELY visit one! (The Bird's Nest especially) Over the course of our one-week vacation I met so many friendly people from all over the world! Even if there was a slight language barrier, there was no barrier to how much fun you could have with everyone you met! Ultimately, I don't think my trip to Montego Bay would have been complete without hospitality and warmth I felt at The Bird's Nest! Thank you for an amazing trip, and I hope to go back and visit another day!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Kyle W
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Very relaxing and private. A safe place to see behind the scenes in Jamaica. This is not an all-exclusive resort. You are provided a simple place to stay at an affordable price. Transportation to the super market and beach are provided each day.

The beach we were given was a very private resort style beach.

If you would like a very peaceful vacation with very little interaction with other people this location is great.

Room tip: The cheaper rooms may be shared room. There are two larger rooms that are single person rooms.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim O
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Low price nice pool and best host ever . Ian Clark u r awesome. He help me a lot to learn about Jamaica.
Location is a little bit far from the center but there is a taxi and services .
Good place to start the vacation.
Also there is an market close to the hostel if u wanna buy some food o vegetables.
Generally
Highly recommend

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2016

This was a short notice stay at this wonderful Villa/Hostel, in the safe area of Ironshore, Montego Bay! My 1st-time in Jamaica, was a wonderful experience, thanks to the great hospitality from Sister Julia at the Bird's Nest! Private Beach at a near-by 5-star resort was stunning and available everyday, along with nearby markets for food! The Bird's Nest has a beautiful fruiting mini-orchard/garden with Breadfruit, Mango, Avocado, Naseberry, Sweetsop, Guinep, Ackee, Pomegranate, Lime, Herbs and more! Perfect place for Vegetarian/Raw Vegan diet and life-style!

The owner and host Julia has a wonderful family and she was very attentive and caring. I extended my stay for days and days and it was "no problem"! The accommodations were always clean,cool and terrific. I would recommend one of the multiple private rooms with private bathrooms! I would definitely stay again, insha'Allah. Allah hafiz and thanks again Sister.

Room tip: Private rooms have reliable A/C, fans and bathroom/Sub-ground floor/bottom rooms may be quieter.
Date of stay: May 2016