“Jamaica, Jamaica”
Review of The Bird's Nest

The Bird's Nest
Reviewed August 19, 2012

loved the time spent there. Great place to chill ant that was exactly what I was looking for when I traveled in Jamaica. Bit far from the beach but the pool redeems that. Katarina was a great hosted and helped out a lot - thank you for the dinner again!
Cheers

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Meizys

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

For anyone looking for somewhere nice, peaceful, beautiful with a good location- this is where you want to be! It is about 5 minutes from Montego Bay airport so you can easily get a taxi. It has a beautiful view of the sea, in a nice safe location and the place itself is lovely. Beautiful pool which is always clean, hammocks, and there's always someone around to chill with! The only thing that could beat the place itself is it's owner who is always willing to help out- she literally goes over and above the call of duty! The only problem I've had is that I can't stay away! And that's not even a problem because it's paradise here

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Lisac89
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Bird's Nest Jamaica couldn't be more meaningful of a name for this 10-star hostel because it is exactly that. If you're a flyer looking for a nest to lay your head in Jamaica, this is the place you really NEED to be and your feathers will get that much needed high class treatment. You won't have anymore of a Jamaican experience at any other hotel or accommodation, and the awesome people running the place can be as close to you as family; even if its only for a few days.

I had the privilege of staying at least one night in all of their accommodation packages on offer. Their single bedroom suites can be rated up there with the likes of a hotel room in one of your beach-side resorts. Fully air-conditioned; pristine clean rooms, and when you wake up in the morning you're as close to pool side as you can possibly get, with an amazing view of the ocean in the distance that is a breathe of fresh air to look at.

Their 4 bedroom dormitories are a step down from the luxury single bedrooms, but just as spectacular with an added influence of social interactivity. The vibe at the hostel just rubs off on everyone, making sharing a room with 3 other people you don't know just as good as sharing a room with someone you do know. Ever made really good friends from across the globe in 2 days? I did: many a times and its all because I shared a special Jamaican experience together with each of them at the Bird's Nest Jamaica!

Last but not least, we have the 5 bedroom dormitories which is what I would easily connotate to be the Party People's Place. You're sharing a bedroom with 4 other people and its almost guaranteed you can find a common interest in having a good time. You will rest easy with all that the 4 bedroom dorm has to offer but one extra person in the room just takes things to the next level.

The Bird's Nest Jamaica is more than just a means of accommodation. The hostel boasts an environment for all your travel needs whether it is rest, adventure, party or quiet simply a really good time. The yet to be named, custom-built safari is always on hand to take you on tours to the beach (highly recommend Bounty Bay) and other adventure activities offered by the nest including the in-house kitesurfing school. And if you ever need information about places that will give you an authentic Jamaican experience, the staff are on hand to point you in the right direction, if not take you there.

Even all that I have written here will not be able to articulate the unique and wonderful experience I have had of bunking at the Bird's Nest. My utmost gratitude to my family at the Bird's Nest and everyone that made my Jamaican experience, one to remember.

BLESS UP, ONE LOVE and RESPECT! Yah mahn!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here a few months ago for 3 nights and had a great time. Partied at Pier One (have exact change at the door or they will try to rip you off on your change.). There was a place in the shopping Plaza lower level that served great jerk chicken for a good price and a major supermarket as well. It was a 20 minute walk from the hostel.

The hostel was clean and safe. It also had a nice pool with a lounging area that made for nice swimming and socializing. The people running the place were great and the girl even picked me up at the airport for a fair fee.

The only negative was the common bathroom shower set up soaked the place almost every time. Maybe instal sliding glass?

I would highly recommend this place :)

Room Tip: If you don't mind dormitory style the shared dorm by the pool is very social and if you get too...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2012

i had an amazing stay at the birds nest in mobay, the owners always had time to answer any questions or to help me out with anything... i felt more like im staying at a friends house than at a hostel, just everything very natural and easy going!

the rooms are clean and the outside area is just amazing, no way to start off the day better than a short dip into the pool!

nice quite located but not to far from everything either, i found my way back to the hostel at any time of the day in any condition! :D

i very much recommend this place if you are looking for a place where you arent just an anonymus visitor

love and peace from germany!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had originally booked a shared dorm room but when I arrived I was upgraded to a private single room at no extra charge which was greatly appreciated! The owner was very friendly and welcoming as were the other guests. The back garden was amazing with flowers, a lovely pool and hammocks (which unfortunately I didn't get to try out as the weather was horrible and rainy! :/ ) The only negative about the hostel is the location - while it was incredibly close to the airport, I ended up paying about $25 for a taxi to drive 5mins up the road! I may have been completely ripped off but I used the airport's official taxi rank so I assumed that was the cheapest fare. A journey of a similar length in Negril only cost $7 so I was not happy to start my holiday paying a ridiculous amount for such a short distance (which isn't the hostel's fault, it's just an unfortunate consequence of airport taxis taking advantage of tourists). When I needed to go back to the airport the owner kindly dropped me off which saved a lot of money.

If you are looking somewhere affordable, friendly, clean, relaxed and close to Montego Bay airport this is the place for you, just make sure to have some extra cash for the airport taxis!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
TBNJulia, Owner at The Bird's Nest, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it! We know about the taxi situation and offer a pick up as well, it is advertised on our website, but we will make sure it is also mentioned on the booking engines websites so people can book it in advance and don't have to go through that trouble at the airport! Hope to see you another time again!! All the best!!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Where to begin? The place is very clean. I loved the location, on a quieter street only a short walk from the main roads where I easily caught taxies to take me into the city. The pool is a nice size, kept clean, and a very nice place to relax on a hot day.
My rooms were great (since I staid for 3 weeks I had to move rooms once since they weren't expecting me for so long) The staff are friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. I'm defiantly staying with them when I return this summer!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay
Toby's Resort
Toby's Resort
#26 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to The Bird's Nest? Share your experiences!