“Love Toby's”
Review of Toby's Resort

Toby's Resort
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Toby's is an excellent place to stay while vacationing in Montego Bay, Jamaica. The entire staff is extremely courteous and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate in a heartbeat to stay @ Toby's. Its a very safe and intimate place to stay. I strongly recommend Toby's to my friends and family. Great job guys.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and the housekeepers are friendly
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Verone C

Reviewed May 26, 2012

My friends and I vacationed in Jamaica for the first time! However, our trip was just average. First, the rooms that we were in were not well lit, the lights were too dull. The rooms also looked kind of run down. The beds were uncomfortable...The food at the restaurant wasn't so great either. The only plus we can give this hotel, was the pool was kinda cool. And it was close by the beaches, and shopping areas in beautiful montego bay! Next time, we'll make sure we save more, so we can go to a nicer hotel, with better amenities! Never travel on a budget!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank islandtraveller27
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at Toby's for two nights before heading to an all-inclusive on the other side of the island. The staff was very nice and the hotel was clean, but I mainly used it for sleeping. I spent most of the two days at Doctor's Cave Beach and on the Hip Strip which is a very short walk from the hotel. I ate curried goat at the bar one night and breakfast every morning. The meals were good and reasonably priced.

The main reason I stayed here was that I wanted to explore Montego Bay some before heading to the resort. I would recommend doing this if you are traveling with other people. I didn't feel unsafe, but I was a little on edge the entire time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank arb85
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I spent 5 nights at Toby's Resort and had a pleasant experience. Keep in mind that this is a budget hotel, so do not expect any luxury of a five star all-inclusive hotel. It is very close to the airport, Dr. Cove's beach and walking distance to restaurant strip. It has 2 swimming pools, gardens, one restaurant (not great, better eat at restaurants nearby), reception staff was friendly and very helpful to organize tours and taxi, wi-fi at reception area, my room was modestly furnished but clean and quiet and with a balcony facing the garden. I consider it a very good affordable place to stay at Montego Bay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank planetravel
Reviewed April 23, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I can't complain about anything. Clean and affordable place across the street from beach, .5 mile from airport, walking distance to hip strip! The rooms are nice and clean like those of a *** hotel with prices of a ** place! Restaurant has good food and decent prices especially for breakfast! Free Ice from machine near pool! Beach towels available upon request! Complimentary toiletries! Pressured showers!!! A/C! Balcony! TV! Clean plush bathroom towels everyday! No fridge on "basic rooms" It needs some renovations but we need to keep supporting this humble family owned resort in order for that to happen! -Peace

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank soyjessica
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Tobys resort during our vacation and overall had a great experience. Apart from the hotel charging my credit twice (however, this was my personal banks fault) it was a good experience. The hotel staff were extremely helpful, accommodating and friendly. The restaurant at the hotel had a good choice of menu and there are two swimming pools. The property was quite spacious and there was free wifi in the lobby area. Also, if you are keen on listening to awesome dancehall and reggae tunes, def the place to stay. Loved the fact that the main pool bar was blasting these tunes whilst relaxing by the pool - very Jamaican style :) Close to the hip strip as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends