“I had the time of my life!!”

Top Caribbean Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Top Caribbean Tours caters to those who want to explore the Caribbean’s natural scenery, rich history, ecosystems and nature preserves. Travel through beautiful villages and towns around Jamaica and other Caribbean Islands: Montego Bay, Black River, Ocho Rios, Saint Elizabeth and many more towns.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family and I were on a cruise to Falmouth Jamaica and went on a tour with the greatest guide ever Howard Scott, we felt so safe and he drove fantastic he took us to allot of great places.he stopped to take pictures over this look out point and took pictures of my family. we went to the falls and told us lots of tips and what to watch out for, then we went shopping and got lots of good deals. we stopped and had lunch at some nice friendly place for jerk chicken at great prices and it was delicious. he seemed to know everyone so I felt at home and at ease. We learned allot about the island he was so nice and went way over and above to help us. this was our best day just because of Howard THANKS!!!!! I can not wait to go back!!!!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
in 8 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I had recently visited Montego Bay, Jamaica. Friends of ours who had recently visited the same hotel recommended a tour guide. Based on their recommendation we got in touch with Maxwell of Top Caribbean Tours to arrange a pickup from the airport so we could introduce ourselves and enjoy a relaxing ride to the hotel without having to wait for the shuttle. Even with major flight delays, getting in touch with Maxee was easy and we were able to reschedule the time in advance to avoid hassle for both parties. Upon arrival we were greeted by Maxee who showed up in a clean and air conditioned vehicle, on time at the agreed upon location. Upon arriving at the hotel before the rest of the crowd, we decided to go on an all day tour two days later.
On our first excursion we had the pleasure of tailoring our experience exactly how we wanted it. Maxee recommended a few attractions and we decided to visit Ochos Rios and climb the Dunns River Falls. On our way, Maxee made a few additional stops to show us where Christopher Columbus had first landed upon his arrival in Jamaica and treat us to some delicious jerk chicken. We appreciated that Maxee had educated us about the rich history of Jamaica as we went along. Before climbing the falls we made a stop to go for a romantic trip up the river, which my girlfriend and I enjoyed very much. We were able to save money based on some insight provided by Maxee in preparation for the events as well as save time by going during non-peak tourist hours. Not only we were able to do more in our day, we were also able to enjoy each other’s company on this very private tour instead of fighting off other tourists and burning daylight. We were so impressed with the country, culture and the way we had been treated everywhere that we decided we could not leave Jamaica without another trip to the countryside. During our second outing we went to the luminous lagoon during the night time, which is absolutely a must see to believe phenomenon, followed by some good old fashioned ice cream in a town on our way back.
Without Maxee our time outside the hotel would not have been the same. The cost of the tours was very reasonable and we found it to be a much better deal than going with a bus load of people from the hotel. Maxee helped us with the locals, gave us money saving tips and took care of us as if we were old friends. I want to thank our friends for recommending Maxwell of Top Caribbean Tours and all of those in Jamrock who made our stay very special.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boyfriend and i travelled to Jamaica last January and again this January. i had met Maxee last year at our resort as he was working with a large group from Italy. we got to talking, and i found him to be very sincere, sweet and intelligent. i introduced him to my boyfriend as he wanted to step out of the resort for a day of touring. My boyfriend had an amazing day with him. we kept in touch throughout the year and when it came time to plan a sunny vacation we had no hesitation to go back to Jamaica, but this time we decided that we would venture out of the resort to explore the island. Maxee was our first choice, we made plans with Maxee before we arrived and had requested that he provide some touring options (what to see and what to do). before we left, we did our own research on his suggestions and agreed with him completely. Maxee picked us up from the airport (even though we had a free shuttle to our resort). last year we were very impatient while sitting and waiting on the shuttle bus for everyone to get settled, the shuttle also became very cramped once all passengers boarded and luggages were stowed. this year, Maxee was there waiting for us in his comfortable vehicle equipped with A/C and leg room. he even brought icy refreshments for us to enjoy on the ride. within the span of the week, Maxee took us on two full day tours. the first day, we explored Ochos Rios, we climbed the famous Dunns river waterfalls, went bamboo rafting with a very nice mon named "Iron", visited Columbus Park, and did a walking tour of the Botanical Gardens (hillside of ochos). we had such an amazing day. Maxee is an amazing and safe driver, and you could tell that he was always watching out for us, if we wondered off or stumbled upon some pushy jamaican pedlars. the second tour he took us on was "Nine Mile". At first, Maxee was not available the day we wanted to go,but after spending the first day with him i knew it would be better to wait and go with Maxee. My instinct was right. the drive to nine mile is a little unnerving, your driving all the way up mountains and the roads are not paved and would not be considered a two way street (but they were!) Maxee again was an excellant and safe driver and has a broad knowledge of Jamaican culture and history. Maxee will always have a place in my heart. he is simply the best tour guide i know, safe, reliable, trustworthy and friendly. if your heading to jamrock and want a private tour, Maxee is your Mon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm often disappointed when I leave an island that I did not get a real feel for the culture or personality of the people. Although aggresive to a fault the people were warm and friendly. Howard took us on a tour of the area around Falmouth and was certainly a positive voice for the people of Jamaca mon. My wife and I were able to get a feel for the difficulties along with the sense of community that bring the people together on the Island. I would recommend Howard for an in-depth tour of anywhere on the Isand. He took many pictures for us as we stopped along the way at many interesting sights. We certainly left with a feel for the culture & personality of the people, more so then any other Island. Our biggest regret is that we didn't get a picture of Howard before we left.

1  Thank Dave D