“No One Better on the Island - Maxee is the way to tour”

Top Caribbean Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Top Caribbean Tours caters to those who want to explore the Caribbean’s natural scenery, rich history, ecosystems and nature preserves. Travel through beautiful villages and towns around Jamaica and other Caribbean Islands: Montego Bay, Black River, Ocho Rios, Saint Elizabeth and many more towns.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boyfriend and i travelled to Jamaica last January and again this January. i had met Maxee last year at our resort as he was working with a large group from Italy. we got to talking, and i found him to be very sincere, sweet and intelligent. i introduced him to my boyfriend as he wanted to step out of the resort for a day of touring. My boyfriend had an amazing day with him. we kept in touch throughout the year and when it came time to plan a sunny vacation we had no hesitation to go back to Jamaica, but this time we decided that we would venture out of the resort to explore the island. Maxee was our first choice, we made plans with Maxee before we arrived and had requested that he provide some touring options (what to see and what to do). before we left, we did our own research on his suggestions and agreed with him completely. Maxee picked us up from the airport (even though we had a free shuttle to our resort). last year we were very impatient while sitting and waiting on the shuttle bus for everyone to get settled, the shuttle also became very cramped once all passengers boarded and luggages were stowed. this year, Maxee was there waiting for us in his comfortable vehicle equipped with A/C and leg room. he even brought icy refreshments for us to enjoy on the ride. within the span of the week, Maxee took us on two full day tours. the first day, we explored Ochos Rios, we climbed the famous Dunns river waterfalls, went bamboo rafting with a very nice mon named "Iron", visited Columbus Park, and did a walking tour of the Botanical Gardens (hillside of ochos). we had such an amazing day. Maxee is an amazing and safe driver, and you could tell that he was always watching out for us, if we wondered off or stumbled upon some pushy jamaican pedlars. the second tour he took us on was "Nine Mile". At first, Maxee was not available the day we wanted to go,but after spending the first day with him i knew it would be better to wait and go with Maxee. My instinct was right. the drive to nine mile is a little unnerving, your driving all the way up mountains and the roads are not paved and would not be considered a two way street (but they were!) Maxee again was an excellant and safe driver and has a broad knowledge of Jamaican culture and history. Maxee will always have a place in my heart. he is simply the best tour guide i know, safe, reliable, trustworthy and friendly. if your heading to jamrock and want a private tour, Maxee is your Mon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm often disappointed when I leave an island that I did not get a real feel for the culture or personality of the people. Although aggresive to a fault the people were warm and friendly. Howard took us on a tour of the area around Falmouth and was certainly a positive voice for the people of Jamaca mon. My wife and I were able to get a feel for the difficulties along with the sense of community that bring the people together on the Island. I would recommend Howard for an in-depth tour of anywhere on the Isand. He took many pictures for us as we stopped along the way at many interesting sights. We certainly left with a feel for the culture & personality of the people, more so then any other Island. Our biggest regret is that we didn't get a picture of Howard before we left.

1  Thank Dave D
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Top Caribbean Tours did an excellent job showing us around. Max was our tour guide. He showed us parts of Montego Bay then drove to Dunns River Falls! The falls were beautiful and quite the adventure. After, he took us to a Jamaican restaurant, where I had best jerk chicken ever. I highly recommend using Top Caribbean Tours as a way to get around and really see what Jamaica has to offer. Yea mon!!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Howard is gregarious, knowledgeable, adaptable and accommodating. We jumped aboard his tour with some great folks we met out that day. Howard took us all over the island, providing nice context and history for each place we visited. Even though we were only in Jamaica for a day, it made for a memorable trip. I would highly recommend this tour company.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was a bit nervous about our trip to Jamaica, (it was my first time out of the US) but Howard made me feel comfortable. My husband and I were traveling on our honeymoon and were on a very tight budget. Howard helped us to join a tour he was already taking to help us save a bit on our money, and refused to leave us on the beach while the tour went out without us. He said that, "I will not let you leave Jamaica without having the best possible honeymoon!" And did we ever!!! Howard took our group all around the island and made sure we had an amazing time!!!!!!!!!!!