“Clean, secure and great location close to airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm View Guest House & Conference Center

Palm View Guest House & Conference Center
Ranked #36 of 68 Hotels in Montego Bay
“Clean, secure and great location close to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here at the end of our trip to Jamaica right before we flew out of Montego Bay. I would highly recommend this guest house because it is so close to the airport, we were able to walk there. The rooms are very clean and very secure. Staff are really nice as well. There was no hot water but we got used to it.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
8 Thank OkotoksRandR

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I am spending the Christmas Holiday here with my two daughters. I was in Jamaica 6 mos. ago, and I stayed at a 4 star all inclusive resort. I decided to save some money this Xmas vacation, and I chose to stay at the Palm View Guest House. I am so pleased with my choice. The Palm View G.H. staff really made us feel at home. My daughters and I felt that our safety and comfort was priority here. I travel to Jamaica a lot, and I would definitely recommend the Palm View G.H. to anyone that is traveling on a budget. More bang for your buck, I will be back soon!

• Stayed December 2012
7 Thank Pamela H
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We've had a very pleasant 3 nights stay at the palm view and it was great. The room isnt the most beautiful one, but once you're on the patio overlooking a great garden were hummingbird fly around you the room really doesn't matter. The pool is nice and clean and we had a good night sleep here.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank RinskeenReinier
bk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I really enjoyed staying here. It was like a home away from home. I stayed here for three weeks and I have no regrets. The staff was very hospitable and helpful. It is a well maintained establishment. Sure there are some room for improvement. But what business is not constantly improving? I had no problems walking to the Hip Strip from Palm View. It was about a 10 minute walk to the Hip Strip. It is also a quite safe location. The reviews from other travelers, was what got my attention. I will make sure I stay here again. I highly recommend Palm View as a place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank postee
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Ms Morgan , has taken very good care of us each time we visit. Her establishment is clean, no frills, a pool, kitchens available, full baths.
For us green thumbs, walk next block to the garden center, to get your tropical eyeful...ahhhh!
Walk to the beach down town, casino, waterfront restuarants....
A great rest stop if your destination might be further in to the island, our just wanna do a tourist walk about in Mo Bay before being trapped on your all inclusive resort.
If she likes you, you might even get a fresh served coconut from the back yard straw included, for breakfast! A super realistic entepreneur, who also takes care of her staff. thank you, Ms Morgan...

The sisters from canada, annually visiting brother in manchaneal on the other end of the island.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank TravellingSisters_12
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

You can walk to and from the Hip Strip from here. You have to go down/up a steep hill, but it's good exercise and better than having to haggle with a taxi or get ripped off over a 1 minute ride.

The room was clean and had everything we needed for our 1 night stay in the end of August. I wish we could've stayed on a higher floor, but I think there are no 1-bedrooms up there.

The pool is very nice. We swam at night, the water was a good temperature. The guest house maintains very beautiful plants and flowers. The trees

The proprietor, Francis Morgan is a very friendly lady. The front desk let us have our room before check-in time (Our flight was changed to an earlier one.) The staff who watched the entrance at night were friendly too. If you want to go to Negril, you'll be able to get a driver close by. In our case a driver was parked in the lot, ready to take anyone for a ride.

Thank you for the stay. We will stay here again if we come back to Mo Bay.
Nick & Kirstin

Room Tip: Get a 2nd or 3rd floor room, so you can have a view down the hill and of the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank nickdaddyg
Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

Very well kept up property. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We ordered a homecooked "Jamacian style' breakfast for a very reasonable price. We stayed in the 1 bdr. with a kitchen. Very spacious & comfortable room with balcony overlooking pool. This is a very quiet and relaxing property, away from the hussle & bussle of the tourist area, but within a reasonable walking distance. I would definately stay again for the peace & quiet. I felt safe & secure there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple