“We Found Gold...”
other travelers have booked this property
our beach Deep bath tub
Condominium
Children's Pool
kitchen area
fruits from our restaurant
lovely lobster meal served in one of our four restaurants
looking out from one of our balconies
lovely king size bedroom

marriedto...
Los Angeles, California
“We Found Gold...”
Reviewed April 5, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
people found this review helpful

First, I have to start by saying - this is my first review ever. I have to admit I have always been one of those to read and critic every review on here but never have I contributed. That changes today! And this property deserves my time and appreciation.

My fiancé and I are both world travelers. We have never enjoyed being in touristy areas as we always enjoy being a part of the action without having to sleep around it. Because of this preference we knew we would NOT be staying on or near the 'hip strip' of Montego Bay. I first came across The Palmyra reviews as a Solis Resort property. I was bummed when I found that they were no longer a partner and began a search for a villa/condo rental. That's when I came across an owner's Flip Key listing on here - for the same property! I called the number listed and Sharon was in touch with me 45 minutes later. She remained extremely responsive and understanding to my needs, concerns, and requests before, during, and after our stay at The Palmyra.

The condos are extremely spacious, clean and MODERN. I LIVE for modern/high tech equipment and this is not something you can typically find in Jamaica. Not even at the Ritz Carlton or Half Moon which are both right next door. Trust me - we visited a few rooms at both during our stay. The infrastructure here is that of an American 5 star hotel.

Service & Transportation - The concierge here is great and always a phone call away! With this property being a good distance out of town, you will need to coordinate transportation to and from restaurants, clubs, etc. NO PROBLEM! There are at least 4 -6restaurants which provide complimentary pick up and drop off for dinner and they also can arrange taxi's/on duty car service to get you around for about $35 each way into town. Want to do a tour of Dunn River's Falls or Horseback Riding? NO PROBLEM! With the partnership this property shares with the Ritz and Half Moon, most tours will provide complimentary transportation as well. $20-35 each way too much?? Well, you could go right outside the pearly gates and catch a local cab at the 'bus stop' across the street to the right of the street light (be careful and only do this during the day) for less than $2usd each way! yep... that's right!

The kitchen and appliances are wonderful and the views were breathtaking. I have a fixation with bathrooms (weird - I know) and this place has amazing glass rain shower and separate deep soaking bath tub with sectioned off toilet. AWESOME!

Private Beach -The beach, as is the entire property is serene and relaxing. You should be careful of the slight unevenness (due to rocks) in the ocean. They have about 10 cabana beds on their private beach and their pool and lounge furniture is better than any I have seen at other resorts and villas.

Costs involved - Like I said - We found gold. Sharon's rates are more than reasonable. We saved $1,000 (6 nights) by going to Palmyra over an all-inclusive. Let's face it, who goes to another country to eat chicken fingers and Italian food? Save money, stay here and enjoy a few excursions mingling with the locals and pigging out on west indian food. YUM!

THIS WILL BE YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Feel and Look of the actual condo
Liked least: Rocks create unevenness in the ocean of the private beach
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
California
Reviewed April 5, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Apr 5, 2012
Janna was a wonderful guest, very easy to please, great personality. The staff loved her and can't wait to have her back.
Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

A romantic getaway
Mar 28, 2012
Shane, thank you so much for your positive review. It was wonderful having you. In this business I get to meet amazing people like you and I am so thankful.
Qc
Reviewed March 28, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Mar 28, 2012
Mensah, you were very easy to please, got along well with the staff, everyone loved having you. Hope to see you back real soon.
texas
Reviewed February 20, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Feb 20, 2012
Hi Austin, thank you very much for your wonderful review. The next time you stay with us I am giving one night free.

Sharon
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$180
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing