“Safe travel across the island w/ VIP service (Montego Bay to St. Thomas)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Transfer and Tours - Day Tours

Island Transfer and Tours - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$105.00*
and up
Blue Hole Adventure from Falmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Transfer & Tours is a Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) Registered Ground Transportation Company in Montego Bay, Jamaica offering private airport transfers and Tours only. We offer complete transportation packages including airport transfer, sightseeing tours, shore excursions from the cruise ship pier and customized tours from all resort location. Our drivers are trained and licensed by the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) and knowledgeable professionals who love what they do. We strive to make your experience most enjoyable while visiting our island. Our airport transfer services are second to none. We offer pick up from Donald Sangster International (Montego Bay) and Norman Manley International (Kingston) with drop off at any of Jamaica's fabulous hotels, villas or guest houses. . Your final destinations can be any of Jamaica's fabulous hotels and great houses. We will take you to: Port Antonio -Ocho Rios - Falmouth Cruise Ship - The South Coast - Negril - Montego Bay.
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“Safe travel across the island w/ VIP service (Montego Bay to St. Thomas)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

One of the best parts of my trip to Jamaica was doing business with Island Transfer and Tours. Byron and his staff were just excellent. He was early every time he picked me up, cars and vans were nice, and appearance of drivers were professional. They really treat you like Warren Buffett. I went on a 4 hour adventure from Montego Bay to St. Thomas. The driver gave me the history of Jamaica and showed me almost every historical and significant location on the island. My friends couldn't believe my knowledge of Jamaica by the time I arrived. I look forward to coming back, just so I can do more tours with Island Transfer and see what else they can show me. Thanks so much Island Transfer team!!!

Visited October 2012

• Slovak first
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Byron = The MAN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This review is a long time coming, but boy is it earned. Out of all the rides I've ever had, anywhere in the world, paid or free, Byron is the tops. He's not just a great driver, knowledgable local and trustworthy guide, but he's a friend, which is something you just don't always find on your trips.

We were lucky enough to have Byron as our drive through one of the resorts and later on for a private tour. Besides being reasonably priced, he was just so friendly, and made my girlfriend and I feel completely comfortable wherever we were. Here's a perfect example - Byron took us on a tour of Dunn's River Falls. At the bottom of the falls, I realized I had my wallet, a bunch of cash and my passport on me, and I didn't really feel like getting that all wet. Without hesitation, I asked Byron to carry it for me, because I knew I trusted him. That's the kind of guy he is.

Byron, you are the MAN! Thanks again for all that you do, and can't wait to see you again next year!

Visited March 2012
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Friend for life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Jamaica was an experience of a lifetime, and that was all thanks to a man named Byron Powell. I've been a lot of places, but very few tour guides have come close to Byron's personality and caring nature. It wasn't the family and a tour guide, Byron was a part of the family for a day. If you're going to see Jamaica, you want Byron to show you. He stopped places to let us try native fruits, and took time to go above and beyond his job. I can't stress enough how safe and secure you feel with him. If traveling to Jamaica, choose Byron Powell.

Visited August 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“expectional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

On a recent trip to Jamaica I was privileged to have Byron as our tour guide and driver. It was very refreshing to have someone who knows the roads, seeing that we had to visit friends and family in the very rural areas of the country side. Byron was very knowledgeable on how to navigate the roads and we felt very safe. His professional experience made our trip a fun and memorable one. He was very versed in the current events and helped us to understand the Jamaican culture as it relates to the lifestyle. We highly recommend his company and service. We plan on using him on our next visit to the island in the near future. Thank you Byron, for such a pleasant experience.

Visited January 2012
Victorville, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best drivers in Jamaica!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I came across Island transfer and tours and Byron from another reviewer on Trip Advisor and I am so glad I came across the review. This was my wife and my first trip to Jamaica and we had no idea what we were going to do for excursions. After looking around on the internet I finally came across Byron's company and decided to go with him and that was probably the best decision of the trip! We booked two trips with Byron; Dunns River Falls and Ocho Rios shopping for one day and Appleton Rum Factory tour and Black River Safari for the other day. The prices were very competitive as compared to other tour companies.

From the get go, Byron was quick to respond to my numerous emails and booking through him was quick and easy. For the Dunn River Falls tour, he was on time and very courteous from the very beginning. He made a nice little stop before we reached the falls and was sharing his knowledge of Jamaica all throughout the ride. At the Falls, he got us started at the bottom of the falls and walked along the falls to take pictures of my wife and me when he could. The walk up the hill is no easy walk but no complaint from Byron! He had a big smile as he was snapping pictures of us! Once we finished he let us know that we could do the falls again if we wanted or move on to the next thing, we were in total control. We decided to move on (although, in hindsight, I wish we did the falls one more time). He took us through Fern Gully and then made a nice little stop where we could relax and enjoy the view above Ocho Rios at a local bar. Afterwards he took us to the store in Ocho Rios. We told him on the way back to the hotel that we preferred more handmade crafts rather than the typical souvenirs and he said that he would take care of us on the next tour day. He let us know that he might not be our guide for the next tour day but that he would have someone take care of us. When he dropped us off he insisted to take a picture with my wife and I! It is usually my wife and I that ask to take a picture but he beat us to it!

One more thing, Byron insisted that I learn a song (She's Royal by Tarrus Riley) so that I could sing it to my wife during the trip. What a fantastic memory he created for us and I know have a perfect song to go to my Jamaica slideshow!

For the second day of excursions, Byron was unable to make it but he sent us Owen. Owen was amazing as well. The Appleton/Black River Safari is a long day, very long day. The journey takes you through the Jamaican mountains and it might not be suitable for those who get motion sickness. I did get a little sick with all the twists and turns that the road has. Owen seeing that I wasn't feeling 100% made a little stop to the local pharmacy and purchased me some medicine for my upset stomach. I won't talk much about the actual tours but they were ok. I probably would do a different tour knowing what I know now. However, Owen made the trip excellent. He stopped at different locations for us to take pictures, including some with his family up in the mountains! During the drive Byron called Owen to see how my wife and I were doing and spoke to me on the phone to make sure we were being taken care of. We did not make it back into town in time to do our shopping trip but Owen was able to do something very special for us that made the day perfect. I won't go into details but he took care of my wife and I and made us feel like VIP's, a perfect ending to the day!

If you are undecided on what to do in Jamaica, do yourself a favor and book some excursions with Byron or Owen at Island Transfer and Tours! Byron and Owen are the best drivers and make you feel like family when you are with them.

Visited October 2012