“A Great Day Out with Your Jamaican Tour Guide” 5 of 5 bubbles

$112.50*
and up
Blue Hole and Secret Falls Private Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: At Your Jamaican Tour Guide we specialize in fully customized tours. This means if there is something specific you would like to see, we can make it happen. From swimming in natural waterfalls, cooking with Rastafarians, going to the local food market, visiting local communities, hanging out at a local bar or maybe just a mixture of some of the standard tours, we will do our best to make sure your stay in Jamaica is your best vacation ever!
United States
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“A Great Day Out with Your Jamaican Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We booked with Alrick Allen, Owner of Your Jamaican Tour Guide.com after reading several tripadvisor forums on sightseeing and drivers. All arrangements were made seamlessly through email. In fact, Alrick accommodated our request to change the type of tour just days beforehand.-We did keep the same date – Alrick picked us promptly from the lobby of our hotel, at the specified time, for the Tasting Tour. His van was modern and the perfect size for a private tour. He had a cooler of beverages on hand, including my favorite when in Jamaica –Ting.

In addition to taking us around to various eateries and fruit stands, Alrick pointed our several highlights in the area of Montego Bay. At each stop Alrick asked us what we would like to sample and would proceed to order for us. This took the stress out of waiting in line and trying to figure out the currency. He is clearly known and respected at each place we visited.

My husband had a special request for King Fish, a local fish that is difficult to get in the states. Alrick made several calls to find a restaurant that would prepare it for him. After that didn’t pan out, Alrick drove us to the local fishermen to see if any were available for purchase. My husband was in luck, as one guy just caught one earlier that day. The hotel prepared it for him just as he liked.

We are very pleased with our experience and plan to contact Your Jamaican Tour Guide on our next trip to Jamaica. Alrick is very personable and makes the trip enjoyable.

Visited October 2013

Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

What a wonderful group of people working here!! Very helpful every step of the way.

I had requested Alrick himself for our tour...it was my 40th birthday and booked several months in advance. Alrick was unable to do our tour because of things beyond his control, but he personally called our hotel, apologized and made sure that we had a wonderful experience.

We had a driver by the name of Kenroy, who I highly recommend!! Once he found out it was my birthday he asked me what was my birthday drink of choice would be - to which I said Red Stripe!! He then stopped at a local gas station and went in & purchased the 4 of us girls Red Stripes in honor of my bday.....pretty stand up right there and we were only a 1/2 hour into our trip.

Our trip took us from Montego Bay to YS Falls & then to the Pelican Bar. While we were at the falls, Kenroy spent some time making calls and negotiating prices for the boat ride out to the Pelican Bar. Another thing I had requested was some good authentic jerk chicken. So we make an extra stop at Jerky's in Montego Bay - again he went in with me and helped with the ordering, pickup and sauce selection.

I can not say enough good things about Kenroy or Your Jamaican Tour Guide!! Class acts all the way - HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank teatee99
Dearborn, Michigan, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Perfect Bookends To Our Trip To Montego Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

It can be a little scary, stepping into some random taxi in a foreign country. Booking Your Jamaican Tour Guide for our airport transfers served as a definite highlight to our trip to Jamaica.

We were met as soon as we got out of customs and were quickly put in an air conditioned van with a couple complimentary Red Stripes in our hands. Soon after than that, we took a trip through town while our guide pointed out key monuments, as well as some of the local traditions and ways of life.

This attention to detail was held throughout our trip and definitely put a damper on our vacation when we were forced to cancel our day trip to Appleton Rum Distillery with our guide. Alrick and his crew were understanding with our cancellation and even offered their sympathy when they heard about my wife's injury.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a better choice when it comes to transportation and tour services than YourJamaican Tour Guide. You will be treated as family stopping by for a visit rather than an out of place stranger.

Washington, North Carolina
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Alrick is the perfect guide for a great time in Jamaica!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I visited Montego Bay two weeks ago for our 10 year anniversary. After many hours of research, I so glad that we contacted Alrick Allen with Your Jamaican Tour Guide. He greeted us at the airport with friendly island charm, a cold Red Stripe and water, for our shuttle to and from our hotel (Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - it was an awesome and highly recommended place to stay). His knowledge of the Jamaican culture was something that really helped us feel relaxed, even with the crazy drivers over there. I do not recommend attempting to drive in Montego Bay because they drive on the opposite side of the road and stirring is on the right of the vehicle, which is not what people from the US are accustomed to. Alrick is your man for traveling anywhere in Jamaica! We booked trips to Dunns River Falls, ate the best jamaican jerk chicken, jerk pork, whammies and festival from Scothies, visited Mystic Mountain for the Jamaican Bob Sled ride and Skylift, and ate delicious Jamaican chicken with cheese patties from Mother's. Alrick ordered all the food and took care of speaking to everyone to make sure we had everything we needed. He was so awesome, that he even helped me find a store to buy khaki pants that were required by our hotel restaurants at night. If you are thinking about Jamaica, you have to book Your Jamaican Tour Guide for your entire trip... you will not regret it. "Respect Mon" to Alrick. Thanks for a great trip! Nick and Nikki

Pelham, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We used Your Jamaican Tour Guide for our airport transfers as well as an afternoon tour. Alrick was prompt, professional and very knowledgeable. We were travelling with two young children and he was able to recommend some great places to visit that were age appropriate. I will certainly be calling Alrick again on our next trip to Jamaica.