“Nice experience”

$112.50*
and up
Blue Hole and Secret Falls Private Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: At Your Jamaican Tour Guide we specialize in fully customized tours. This means if there is something specific you would like to see, we can make it happen. From swimming in natural waterfalls, cooking with Rastafarians, going to the local food market, visiting local communities, hanging out at a local bar or maybe just a mixture of some of the standard tours, we will do our best to make sure your stay in Jamaica is your best vacation ever!
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Based upon the good TripAdvisor™ reviews, we decided to book a day with Alrick while our cruise ship was docked in Montego Bay for the day. Lorette and I exchanged several email prior to our trip to confirm times, payment, etc. We especially wanted to confirm that Alrick was doing the tour. Since "Your Jamaican Tour Guide" isn't officially recognized by the cruise lines, we were told that we would have to meet Alrick outside the gates of the cruise terminal. After the misinformation that my wife and I had been exposed to on the web (about how rough Jamaica is) we were a little anxious to venture outside of the terminal area, but we knew it would be worth it.

After what seemed like 120 people asking us if we needed a cab/guide/driver/etc, we made it to the end of the block where we were supposed to meet Alrick....and we waited....and waited...and waited. Finally, one of the "tour guides" (that was trying to solicit us to use his services) volunteered his cell phone to us so that we could call Alrick. Alrick said that he had different times on his sheet. We found this odd since we had an email from his company with the times written in both ship time and local time. We were told to meet him in an hour. We roamed back through the gauntlet of guides back to the cruise terminal.

Things got sorted and we met up with Alrick and proceeded to go to the Rastafarian Village as we had arranged prior. We got there and the gates were not opened yet. We had some good conversation with a gentleman that lived adjacent to the property, and then Alrick took us for a tour of the town and some shopping while we awaited the Rastas. By the time the Rastas were ready for us to have our tour, we told them that we had time restrictions to return to the cruise ship and they would have to cut their tour a little short. The Rastas were very accommodating to our needs and altered the normal tour to fit our schedule.

We really experienced a lot of the city (local market, Rastafarian Village, other shopping, local cuisine and culture, etc.) and really enjoyed our time spent in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Despite a little bit of a rocky start everything worked out as good or better than expected.

Anyone thinking of hiring Your Jamaican Tour Guide should definitely do so. It is a real personalized experience.

Travelers should also dismiss the wild stories that they hear about how rough Jamaica is. Like anywhere else, if you don't go looking for trouble, it isn't going to come looking for you.

2  Thank igor948

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We visited Jamaica last year and so this year we knew exactly what we wanted to do/see. Likewise, we did not want to book trips through the hotel/travel company and be carted onto a bus full of other tourists.
We found Alrick's website prior to our travel (through tripadvisor) and it sounded exactly what we were looking for. Needless to say, we were not disappointed! All communication prior to us getting to Jamaica was answered almost immediately by Lorette.
We booked two tours with Alrick - one being the 'No Problem' tour, and the other was the Appleton Rum Factory, followed by the Pelican Bar.
The No Problem Tour, Alrick customised to our request - we wanted to see the 'true' Jamaica and that is exactly what we got. We visited places where Alrick grew up and went to school, sampled jerk chicken from a traditional jerk hut as well as stopping off for some patties at 'juici patties' (apparently you haven't tried real patties unless they are from juici!). Alrick then took us to visit one of his friends from his hometown. He allowed us to look round his back yard and later cooked us fish which he had caught that morning. It was a true pleasure to meet him. Two days later Alrick picked us up from our hotel to take us to the Rum Factory/Pelican Bar. Although this was a long car journey, the time flew by with Alrick's extensive knowledge of the area, his amazing personality as well as the well stocked drinks cooler.

Alrick is an amazing person, full of fun and nothing is too much of a problem for him. The service he provides is 100% and truly personalised. If you are looking to book any trips whilst in Jamaica, be sure to contact Alrick!

2  Thank LindaLarkin
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I read a review of Alrick and Your Jamaican Tour Guide, on Trip Advisor and as questions arose about my trip I impulsively emailed him. And he took the time to answer me back! When I decided to come to Jamaica I felt I had to book with him since he was so nice and helpful. I was very glad I selected him for my airport transfer from Montego Bay to Negril. His directions for finding my driver after my airport arrival were spot on and for a single female traveller sometimes running the gamut of car rental agents, cabbies and whatnot can be intimidating. There he was as promised, with his sign. Within five minutes he had made me feel welcome and comfortable. He gave me a wonderful tour on the way to my hotel, even stopping for Red Stripe and Jerk Chicken. It was a great way to ease into a new country. I am sorry I didn't do any additional tours as I can see that one would get a real taste of Jamaica with Alrick. I highly recommend him and on my next trip, I will get out and explore with him.

2  Thank MexicoLover100
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have been on many great tours around the world but none of them have come close to the experience that I had with Alrick.  His service is absolutely superb. He is very knowledgable, extremely friendly and really knows how to entertain his guests. This truly is a personalized tour, Alrick accommodated every one of our needs and made us feel like family.

After reading some reviews for yourjamaicantourguide.com, I decided to try to book a tour last minute with them. I emailed about a week before I was coming, and i was really inpressed with the super fast reply from Lorette, saying that Alrick was available on Wednesday. I moved another tour to make sure I could try this out, and I am certainly glad that I did.

Alrick showed up to our hotel early for pick up, and took us on our way in a very clean new van stocked with a cooler full of refreshments. The tour we selected was the "No Problem". If you are truly looking to see the real Jamaica and experience the local people and culture, this is what you will get. I absolutely loved the tour. Alrick showed us around his local town, introduced us to his friends, and we hung out along the ocean drinking red stripe, rum and having great conversation. One of Alricks friends even speared a 10 lb barracuda and cooked it for us, which was hands down the freshest, most delicious fish I have ever had.

Alrick also took us to 7 mile beach, ricks cafe to watch the cliff divers, stopped to get us some of the local "patties" and we learned and incredible amount about the local culture. He took us to places that you wouldn't see on any other tour. I told Alrick that I have an interest in reggae music and he stopped and picked up some local CDs for me for very cheap.  Service unparalleled to anything I have ever experienced.

I also chose to book my airport transfers with yourjamaicantourguide.com since most of the hotels don't have free airport shuttles. I am really glad that I did this. Alricks brother (Aldrene I believe is his name?), who is just as friendly, was there waiting for us as soon as we got out of customs, so we didn't have to fight through all of the taxi drivers hollering at us for their business.  He also promptly showed up to take us back to the airport at the end of the trip.

I will certainly be returning to Jamaica and there is no doubt that I will be contacting Alrick for his services again. This is the best money you will spend in Jamaica.

2  Thank MrHiteshPatel
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife & I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon and we fell in love with the Island! Weeks before we arrived we were searching for the best way to see Jamaica because we didn't want to spend our whole time there within the walls of the resort. We also didn't find the idea of travelling around with a busload of tourists appealing either. After searching the internet we found Alrick. We sent him an email describing the types of tours that we'd be interested in, based on his website, yourjamaicantourguide.com, and heard back from his better half, Lorette, within a day. That was a great start! We're not BIG on waiting! After a few emails back and forth to fine tune the types of tours and scheduling, we booked him for three action packed Premium Tour days! Lorette was super helpful in the whole booking process! We could hardly wait!! The prices are right on the money! We checked around. You COULD actually spend more and get a whole lot less! On the day, about 3 weeks later, Alrick was waiting for us outside of our hotel on day one and the fun was ON! What a great guy! We really can't say enough nice things about him or about the way he made us feel at home immediately! His 11 seat van was clean, cool and more than big enough for the 3 of us complete with Reggae music and a cooler full of drinks!! Yah mon!! No Problem!! We went on the Water Works tour and added Horseback riding because we really wanted to ride a horse in the Caribbean Sea!! Along the way to each adventure, Alrick would tell us all about Jamaica and point out points of interest along the way! So fascinating! The Dunns River Falls & The Martha Brae River Rafting were incredible!! (see pics) Lunch at Scotchies for jerk chicken was delicious and truly authentic. On day two we went to the Pelican Bar where I discovered that I was REALLY good at Dominos! The "staff" there were amazingly friendly and the place is just TOO COOL!! Our new friend, Frey, carved our names into the wood of the bar and we all just hung out and chilled over a few drinks. From there we went to the Hip Strip of Montego Bay and along the way my wife, Shelley, noticed a store that said "Shellys Mini Mart"! Of course,she wanted a pic of the place and Alrick was only too happy to stop and make sure she got one! (see pic) From there we headed to Montego Bay on the Hi LIte tour and visited the Rose Hall (super cool haunted house) and The Hip Strip (learn how to bargain! the "marked" price is merely a starting point)! ANOTHER GREAT DAY!!! On our final day with Alrick, we were off to see the Luminous Lagoon! He met us at our resort and after with Lorette!! It was REALLY great to meet the lady who had helped Shelley & I put this whole thing together! We all really hit it off with each other and headed off to the Lagoon! What an incredible experience that is! In the black of the night, the water lights up when you swim in it! Amazing! At the end of the tour, Lorette, Alrick, Shelley & I jumped back in the van and headed back to the resort. We had such a great time & we now feel as though the next time we go back to Jamaica, we'll have a couple friends to catch up with!
THANK YOU LORETTE!