“No one better to show you the true Jamaica!”

Your Jamaican Tour Guide
Private Tour to Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica
$130.00*
Private Waterfall Tour: Dunn's River and Blue Hole
More attraction details
Owner description: At Your Jamaican Tour Guide we specialize in fully customized tours. This means if there is something specific you would like to see, we can make it happen. From swimming in natural waterfalls, cooking with Rastafarians, going to the local food market, visiting local communities, hanging out at a local bar or maybe just a mixture of some of the standard tours, we will do our best to make sure your stay in Jamaica is your best vacation ever!
Reviewed November 20, 2011

After researching on TA for a private driver and guide for my husband and I, I took the advice of many and booked Alrick Allen from www.yourjamaicantourguide.com.
He is a young man who has started his own business and who wants to show visitors the real Jamaica. We preferred to support a young entrepreneur rather than a big business tour company.
We have just returned from our fourth visit to the island and found that travelling around with Alrick as our driver and guide resulted in us having the best trip ever. He is polite, friendly and reliable and nothing is too much trouble for him. He presents himself and his car to the highest of standards, we lost count of the times we caught him polishing the car whilst waiting for us!
On one trip he even charged less than his quoted fee, which was very surprising for us. We found him to be very competitively priced, quite often he charged less than we would have paid on an organised tour on a bus. With Alrick we had the freedom of choice to do exactly what we wanted to do and not be at other peoples beck and call.
He took us off the beaten track to see places tourists rarely get to see, plus we showed him some new ones too!
All in all, we can highly recommend him if you want to see the real Jamaica in comfort and at your own pace, or even if you only want an airport transfer.

1  Thank Rowz

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We've been to Jamaica 4 times and the last 2 visits we have used Alrick as our personal tour guide and the experence was out of this world. The 1st time we used Alrick we had our kids with us and he made their trip to Jamaica the best trip ever. The 2nd trip with Alrick we had 2 other couples with us and he really showed us the inner part of the island. What a very different view when your outside of the resort area's. As always felt very safe at all times with Alrick.

Thanks for making our vacation GREAT !!!!!
Shannon Pierceson

Reviewed November 10, 2011

My family of 6 went on a 7 days cruise this June. Our first stop was Jamaica. After reading the reviews and recommendations from the forum, we decided to go with Your Jamaican tour guide. It's the best decision! We customized our tour and received final quote before the trip. Our guide / driver was Alrick Allen. He was very nice and knowledgeable. He didn't try to sell us anything or took us to any place we didn't enjoy. We love the local foods he took us. My son said it's the best (jerk) chicken he had ever tasted. Alrick was not pushy or rush us into anything. My whole family had so much fun. Thanks, Alrick!

1  Thank rockyTexas
AlrickAllen, Owner at Your Jamaican Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2011

Thanks for the positive review! I really enjoyed showing your family around, next time you have to stay longer. Hope to see all of you again soon, and I will have some Jerk Chicken ready!

Blessings
Alrick

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Jamaican Tours Guides is the tops in Drivers.

Alrick Allen is the best young man driver around.

Clean cut , well mannered, nice disposition and a clear english speaking voice--will make your day complete.

He is more than happy and willing to do what is necessary for your enjoyment of the excursion you may choose.

I was picked up on the Cliffs at the Samsara....but brought to my main location in Little Bay---so my excursion was to be between and around these two locations.He began by showing me all the resorts and beaches along the Seven MIle Beach stretch. This was especially nice as I got to view many of the well know resorts that I hear of all the time. He knew about them all.

In my case he knew history of places I visited and was able to show and direct me to places I knew nothing about.

His cars are clean and very well air conditioned and he is a TOTALLY SAFE driver....being sure to take the care and safety needed to get you around Jamaica.

Lovely , lovely Driver ! My drivers are very important to me because I am traveling alone. I must feel safe and comfortable with the person I am with at all times.Absolutely NO rent -a -Rasta games...No ...funny money cost games. Matter of fact his site lists the costs --so you can see what they clearly are...of course you may still try to strike a bargin ( not saying you'll get one ) --and he will not be rude or anger about it.

I even got confused after my trip with him--because I also used other drivers during my stay and I thought I owed one thing when I actually owed something else. He didn't get mad or angry or nasty--NONE OF THAT. We talked about it and he patiently waited as I checked my records once I rerturned to my resort--and found out to my satisfaction what the actual figure I contracted for was !! Some of the drivers would be ballistic at that point....because I have seen drivers have bad reaction to what they wish to charge and also over the amount of the tips paid.

Your Jamaican Tour Guide also has access to many different automobiles--so whether you are a single Orca like me or a large POD---you will love your excursion with this group !!

Make them NUMBER 1 --on your list. You will love their services as I do

1  Thank WANTOTRAV
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We visited Jamaica for the 1st time in October. We decided to book a private tour with "Your Jamaican Tour Guide" to do 2 tours to see the real Jamaica. The "South Coast Tour" which was a 2.5 hour drive through the winding, roller coaster roads of the South Coast of Jamaica from IRHB. Our driver was the owner Alrick Allen, who is the BEST tour guide!!! He is a very careful driver and manouvered through the roads very safely.
We visited "YS FALLS" which was very refreshing after a long drive in a very comfortable, air conditioned car. The guides at the falls are very friendly and patient as they walk with you through the falls and take many great pictures. Alrick made YS Falls our first stop as he advised it gets busy with bus tours as the day goes on and he was right.
We then visited the "APPLETON RUM FACTORY" for a tour. This was interesting as you get a tour of the beautiful grounds outside and go into the factory to see how things work there. We had a rum punch while waiting for the guide to start the tour. After the tour we had a taste test of 13 different kinds of rum. My favorite being the Rum Creme-yummy!! There is a store there where you can buy the various kinds of Appleton Rum.
We stopped by the roadside and had lunch at a "takeout" but we actually ate inside. We had local Jamaican jerk chicken, rice, bananas and dumplings. It was very good and it was all cooked outside. Thanks for the treat Alrick!!
We then drove to the "BLACK RIVER SAFARI" for a boat ride up the Black River to see crocs, birds, mangroves and different birds. The guide on the boat was very informative and yes we did see crocs swim up to the boat. We came back and went inside a building to see caged crocs and got to hold a baby croc!!
Last on the agenda was the "PELICAN BAR" out in the ocean, which is a must see!!! Alrick got a local guy to drive us to the Pelican Bar in his boat, which was @15 minute boat ride. It was nice driving along as we got to see the seashore and the countryside. We did see pelicans fly over us on the way there. Floyd, the owner was at the Pelican Bar and a couple of local guys. Floyd was cooking fish which I guess was the last catch of the day. The Bar is on a sand bar so the water is very shallow here. I saw some fish while swimming around the Pelican Bar while the guys played domino!! The ocean was so nice and warm...very relaxing!! It was getting late in the day sowe got to see the sunset as our driver drove us back to shore.
The drive back on those twisty roads in the dark seemed forever but Alrick got us back safely to our hotel. We had a wonderful day with Alrick on the South Coast of Jamaica.
Our second tour was to Negril and 6 of our friends went along with us. Romaine was our driver and Alrick took time out of his busy schedule to come along too. The guys are excellent and so much fun!! They gave us some info on Jamaica as we drove to Negril. We stopped at the Charlotte Fort for a photo shot!! Alrick got us some sugar cane to try while we had a stopover...he's always thinking and those little things make the trip enjoyable for all of us. We drove through Lucea which both the guys were familiar with as this is their hometown. Next stop was at "7 MILE BEACH" in Negril. We went Jimmy Buffett's MARGARITAVILLE for lunch, which was very good. Afterwards we hung out on 7 Mile Beach for a few hours. Some of the guys went on seadoos while the rest just enjoyed the sun & sand & the ocean!!! We stopped to do some shopping at a plaza recommended by the tour guys. The staff were very friendly and we never did find people aggressive there.
Next was to RICK'S CAFE to see the sunset, which was a little cloudy but was still very nice. It was National Heroes Day sothere were lots of local people out and about. Rick's bar was busy and the cliff divers were amazing...wow!! We got to see the Lighthouse from Rick's Cafe and it was actually the backdrop for the cliff divers!! We hung out here for an hour or so and then boarded our comfortable mini bus for our ride back to the Iberostar.
We had a a wonderful day enjoyed by all!!
I am so happy to have stumbled upon "Your Jamaican Tour Guide" through others reviews. I would certainly recommend them to anyone visiting Jamaica. It's cheaper the more people you have in the group. We paid for our own entry fees to the sites.
Alrick is very friendly and his stories are very enjoyable and informative. We felt very safe and comfortable touring with the guys off the resort. You must do a tour to see Jamaica!!!
Yeah Mon!!!!!!!

3  Thank cruiser2b

Thanks for the great review! We really enjoyed having the opportunity to take yourself and your group around our beautiful island, and we are glad you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing you again next year and show you more fun stuff!

Blessings,