“Falmouth to Ocho-Rios”
Review of Island Boy Tours - CLOSED

More attraction details
Owner description: Island Boy Tours is one of the largest providers of private and group transportation throughout the Island and have the most extensive knowledge on Jamaican attractions, historic sites and resorts and hotels. Whether you are looking for a ride to or from the airport or dependable transportation throughout your stay, Island Boy Tours will be there for you when you need us. Our tours include everything from riding a zip line through the forest to bobsledding Jamaican style with a thrilling ride through the forest at mind-blowing speeds to swimming with the friendliest animals of the sea. Explore the magnificent sea and waterways in our Cool Runnings Catamaran or raft on the Martha Brae; no matter what you want to do or see Island Boy Tours will bring you to it.
Poynette, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Falmouth to Ocho-Rios”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Island Boy Tours did a fantastic job transporting our group of 11 plus a baby. Our guide Clifton took us to Dunn's River Falls, then picked us up and took us for some shopping and red stripes, then to lunch for some jerk chicken and more red stripes, and finally back to the cruise port. He was very knowledgable and was a great guide. I would recommend them to anyone looking to do a tour in Jamaica. The cruise ship wanted $70 while we paid $40 for transport and entrance to Dunn's River Falls, saved us a boatload!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ryan G
islandboytours, Owner at Island Boy Tours, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
On behalf of the staff here at Island Boy Tours, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your "Island Boy" experience here on TripAdviosor. We appreciate you recommending us to your friends/family and promise to provide them with the exceptional service we provided your group while in our care. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Jamaica!

New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wild Thing Catamaran Cruise”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went on the Wild Thing Catamaran Cruise in Negril, that went to Rick's Cafe. As someone who's been going to Jamaica with my family since I was small - AND someone who's been on the Wild Thing cruise before (about 7 or 8 years ago), I was very disappointed with the cruise itself. The energy level of the crew was low - no one even danced! & all of the visitors on the cruise just sat around the whole time. Not at all the fun party time that I remember from 8 years ago, where everyone was up & dancing around, having a blast to authentic reggae music (even the music was awful on this one...).
One perk of Island Boy Tours as a company though was the ease of booking the trip & getting there. We received confirmation calls & emails after booking online & our driver was AMAZING. Picking us up right at our hotel lobby, telling us all about the scenery we were passing on the way to Negril & even stopping at a jerk chicken place on the way home because we wanted to try it!
Overall experience was good - because of the Island Boys external staff, but the cruise itself was a major let down. With so many catamaran cruises to choose from, I'm sad to say what I held as my 'all time favorite' before this year, would likely not be my first choice again.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank awarren4
Thank you so much for providing us with feedback about your Wild Thing catamaran experience and your tour operator Clifton. He will be very pleased to read your review. I am sorry that the Wild Thing cruise did not live up to your expectations.

Hopefully this was not your last trip to Jamaica so be sure to check out the other catamaran cruise we offer in Ocho Rios that goes to Dunn’s River Falls. I did that cruise last May for my birthday and had an awesome time!
Spencer, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tour to Dunn River Falls and Dolphin Cove......Negril tour.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Island Boy Tours was amazing from start to finish. I am a procrastinator. I actually contacted Island Boy tours very early in the planning stages and Janique replyed back very quickly and was extremly helpful and accomdating in getting exactly what I wanted put into a package. With my procrastinating habits, I of course didn't book any tours. It came time to leave for the airport and I still had no printed confirmation. We were on the road to the airport on SUnday and Janique called me on her personal time and took care of everything. She was amazing. She said not to worry that I didn't have a printed confirmation, she would take care of us.

She emailed the confirmation that day with all the information and our driver.

The day of our tour (Tuesday) Clifton was at our hotel ready to pick us up. He was the most friendly Jamaican ever!!!! He made us feel so welcome and we became instant friends. On the drive he told us so much about the island. He was such a joy.

At the resort we decided to take a different tour. We call Clifton directly and he was so professional. He worked with us and Island Boy tours and we set up the tour to Negril on Sunday. WELL, as you all know when you are on vacation you forget which day it is. On the first tour, we were talking about what we do on our free time. It didn't even hit me until we were on the bus that Clifton had given up his favorite football day off to accommodate us for our trip. I truly think he was so happy to do it. Again he was HOOT! We so enjoyed him.

He had a cooler of refreshments both trips and of course it was emptied!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR TOUR GROUP TO ANYONE I KNOW THAT IS GOING TO JAMAICA.

AWESOME.AWESOME.AWESOME

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Mary B
islandboytours, Owner at Island Boy Tours, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Clifton and I are very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed The “Swim” with Dolphins program at Dolphin Cove as well as our Negril Highlight tour! On behalf of the staff here at Island Boy Tours, we would like to thank you for choosing us to share your Jamaican experience with you.

We would also like to thank you in advance for referring our tour and transportation company to your friends and family who plan to visit Jamaica in the near future. We will take exceptional care of them as we did your family.

Wishing you all the best!

From to Island Boy Tours Family
Schwerte, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very GREAT Trip to Nine Miles - Bob Marley in Jamaica - Private Tour”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The tour was very good. Our driver picked us up in the morning and took us directly to nine miles so that we had time to visit the bob marley tour. Later we went to eat something typical jamaican and we made a few stops on the way back to montego bay. wherever we wanted to make a short stop, eg for taking pictures or whatever, the driver made a short stop. Island Boy Tours is very professional and tries to make your vacation as great as it can be! Also the driver told us very interesting things about the island and the culture. When we come again we will definitely book another tour with this great company!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Johnworldtraveler
islandboytours, Director of Sales at Island Boy Tours, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello Mr. Stuewe,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review for Island Boy Tours! Clifton told me that you two were great guests and he looks forward to taking you guys around Jamaica the next time you are on the island.

We thank you in advance for referring your friends and family to our tour company. Have a wonderful evening!

Clifton and Janique
Island Boy Tours
“Our wonderful vacation in the beautiful island of Jamaica.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

To the owners and workers of the Island Boy tour. I Just want to say thank u all for making our family vacations a fun filled and excited one. Thanks for all the tips on where to go and what to do.our visit to mystic mountain was super fun, the Cool Runnings boat ride was excellent. It was full of excitement and activities, such as goin to the famous Duns River Fall, stopping and snorkeling and nothing but dancing to some reggae music and eating snd drinking on the way back. But the best part of our vacation was that it was stress free because we had you guys from Island Boy Tour to arranged and book all reservations for our activities and to pick us up and drop us off to wherever we wanted to go. Your transportation services was terrific. The drivers were very polite and nice, the buses were very nice and clean and equipped with A/C . Thank u guys for helping us have a wonderful vacation in Jamaica. We look forward to use u again.
From: Simone and family.

islandboytours, Owner at Island Boy Tours, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello Simone,

Clifton and I would like to sincerely thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review for Island Boy Tours. We really appreciate you and your family doing business with us.

We hope to see you during your next trip(s) to Jamaica!

Janique & Clifton