“Great for a large group charter.”

Dreamer Catamaran Cruises
Toronto
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“Great for a large group charter.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

A group of 35 of us Chartered out a private Catamaran for a 3 hour afternoon snorkel Cruise. We all had a blast. We had mostly adults with some children. The bus picked us up at the resort and we drove to Cornwall beach where we boarded the boat at 3 in the afternoon. We sailed to the snorkeling site and stayed there for about 30-45 minutes. At which point we moved to Margaritaville. We docked and you had the option of going in or going swimming where there was a water trampoline. However, it felt more of a tourist trap. If I had my time back I would have said no to going here and just went cruising instead.

After this we boarded and went for a cruise around the coast. They played great music, and served drinks (rum punch and beer). The crew got everyone up dancing.
The boat was large enough for everyone to move around, the bathrooms where clean and the crew was great fun.

I would recommend them for a private charter any day!

Birmingham, Alabama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Relaxing, fun trip”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Took this excursion, while in port in Falmouth, with the Oasis of the Seas. The only downside to this excursion, in my opinion, is the beginning. The mini-bus ride to Montego Bay, is about 40 minutes long, buses are nice though. Also the lack of organization at the port, when trying to gather for the excursion was the worst I've ever been through. No sign, 2 guys that had no idea how to expedite the process, it was like the first time they had done it! Had to ask around to find out what tent to go to, to sign waivers, etc.

When you actually get to the private beach, where you board the catamaran, things start looking way up! Beautiful turquoise water, clean sand, staffed bar, lifeguards, etc. You'll gather in an area near the bar, where they'll offer to sell you drinks before you get on the catamaran. The staff then introduces themselves, and goes over the tour, and do's and dont's on the catamaran.

Crew was friendly, engaging, and helpful. Loved the ride out to the snorkeling grounds. Weather was beautiful. The reef is somewhat damaged, but a good bit of rebuilding coral, as well as existing coral. Great variety of fish to look at. Me and my daughter both enjoyed the snorkeling.

After the snorkeling, they take you on another journey, over to a marine preserve area, where the mangroves are growing. They talk a little bit about the habitat, etc. Interesting little talk.

They then take you on a sailing back to the beach, which is longer than the ride out. That's when the music starts, and the drinks start to come out. They also had some interesting snack sandwiches. Think a sweet raisin bread, with cheese in the middle. Sounds gross to me, but it was actually really good.

They then offer to sell you pictures that they took of you while on the excursion. I declines, but they handled it the way every group should.... no pushing for you to buy it!!! Really appreciate it.

Cebtral Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Worst Catamaran Cruise Ever!!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Booked this on the same day we attended because our original Catamaran in the morning cancelled because of weather conditions. Should have just stayed at the resort.
Our excursion was on the Day Dreamer. First of all the staff was only looking to entertain each other they couldn't be bothered with the guest. OPEN BAR was some flat soda vodka and Appleton Rum. Hor d'oeurves were ...cheese sandwiches. I'm completely serious about that one it was pitiful. I've gone on these Catamarans before where you got Jamaican punch (great) tropical fruits and cheeses. That would have been so much better. Then to add insult to injury the bathrooms were not working 1/2 hour into the excursion... we still had 1 1/2 hours to go.... and we literally couldn't. I felt like I was on some Carnival Cruise gone wrong. Everyone around us except for those people that were just hitting the liquor hard, looked miserable. We couldn't dock and go to Margaretaville either at least there we could have gone to the bathroom. I was with a group of eight and everyone was highly upset at the lack of professionalism the staff displayed. Playing with eachother and putting on a show for each other with little to no attention being paid to those that PAID. This was by far the WORST EXCURSION I have ever been on. Wouldn't recommend the WASTE of $150 to my worst enemy.

6 Thank suly1013
Windsor, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We left from Secrets St-James..the ride was very bumpy. We stopped for snorkelling, which my husband and I enjoyed very much!! However, we found the snorkelling very short, we would have loved to stay a bit longer...

We then went to Margaritaville in Montego Bay...it felt as if we were there for a long time..we did not enjoy it very much...It is nothing but a bar & grill...nothing special....

I did enjoy the foot massage and the ride back to the resort as the ocean was much calmer!

1 Thank Julie F
Buffalo, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Sunset Cruise”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent about an hour sailing out to sea, then went back towards shore and went snorkeling for 30-40 min. Got back on, went to Margaritaville for 30 min, then cruised into the sunset for another hour or two.

The good: the boat is big, crew is friendly and hilarious, good music, good drinks. Snorkeling is really beautiful too, I think there was plenty of time allotted for it. The sunset was gorgeous over the water, and it was nice that there were both shady and sunny spots.

The bad: Wish it was longer, and there were some sort of free snacks. For what we paid ($110), it definitely could include more. The trip to Margaritaville was so short, our food that we ordered never made it out of the kitchen even though we ordered it to go. Luckily, we hadn't yet paid for it. Drinks on board could have been a bit stronger, but hey they're free. Also, I felt that a lot of time was wasted standing by the beach waiting for the other tour buses to join our boat, which is frustrating, but not necessarily the fault of the Dreamer.