“Very reliable and good value”

ExplorerJamaica Transportation & Tours
Ranked #17 of 110 Tours in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 15 years experience, we at ExplorerJamaica.com offer a warm, friendly and prompt service in all your transportation needs. We provide a range of tours and airport transfer for all travel lovers who visit our island. We are also certified with the Jamaica Tourist Board Association. Come!!! And explore Jamaica with the best reliable and affordable transportation service. To Know Jamaica you have to see it, feel it, hear it and taste it.
Chatham, Canada
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Very reliable and good value”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We chose have MBT/Explorer transfer us from the airport to hotel and back again when it was time to come home. We booked online and had a phone call from Densil to confirm our times and to let us know that we needed an individual taxi rather than a shared bus ride given we were traveling to the cliffs outside of Negril.
It was fabulous to have the immediate pick-up both ways and to not have to wait while all other travelers were dropped off first. Not only this, we paid $140 for the personalized round trip versus the $170 our travel company wanted to charge us! Bud picked us up and Tony took us to the airport. Both courteous and friendly!!

Recommend that you bring your receipt with you as confirms for the drivers who you are and reminds you of the name of the company as the sign may read MBT or Explorer.

We would definitely use again!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank scotgrl3

Ottawa, Canada
“Great Experience”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I missed my flight to Miami and had to catch up with a cruise that was leaving from Ocho Rios and I was landing in Montego Bay. I called Explorer Jamaica and Densil was amazing and very professional. He was easy to get a hold of. When I got to Montego Bay, my driver was there waiting for me. The drive was 2 hours long and the sights were beautiful. My driver was so friendly and he gave me a history lesson. I would definitely go with Explorer Jamaica for any tour in the future!!!

Visited January 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“ExplorerJamaica Excellent and Friendly!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The service provided by ExplorerJamaica was top-notch from start to finish. When I first inquired through email, I received a phone call with a quote just a few minutes later. The price was completely reasonable for roundtrip private transportation from Montego Bay airport to our resort in Negril. We received a detailed itinerary through email and were graciously greeted BY NAME when we arrived in Jamaica. Our driver, Leon was so friendly, and pointed out all of the places that we might like to explore while on vacation. He allowed us to make a few stops along our ride into Negril for souvenirs and beverages. It was a wonderful introduction for our first trip to Jamaica. Our return trip with Bud was great as well and he arrived promptly to get us to the airport on time. When we return to vacation in Jamaica next time we will 100% be using ExplorerJamaica. Thanks for a very pleasant experience and your hospitality.

Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I'd definitely recommend and use them again!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Dealing with Denzil, he was very professional and replied back to emails promptly. He even called after our tour to see how everything went, I loved that! Our tour guide was very pleasant, patient and even stopped to get local food along the way which we loved! definitely worth the extra money to avoid the hassles with long lines, and other tourists.

Me and my boyfriend definitely enjoyed the personal attention. We would use them again and recommend them.

Visited February 2013
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“One of my favorite exursions in Jamaica”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband is from St. Ann Jamaica so we try to visit at least once a year. After my first few visits to Jamaica I decided I wanted a "touristy" experience so we hired Explorer Jamaica to take some of the family to Port Antonio. Densil was very helpful in arranging our trip and always responded promptly. Our tour guide Dave was very knowledgeable and fun. He had high expectations to fill because 3 of the 7 of us actually live in Jamaica. We all agreed that this was one of the best experiences we have had in Jamaica. Even the local Jamaicans were impressed. Since using Explorer Jamaica we have tried other companies, but they are by far the best. I can't recommend Explorer Jamaica enough and will definitely be using them again to explore more of the island!

Visited December 2012