“Excellent location; Comfortable Apartment”
LFOV Bedroom King Bed
Balcony Dining
Swimming Pool
Beach view from Restaurant
The Building
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

4.5 of 5 stars Very good - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

JamaicaGy...
Ann Arbor, MI
“Excellent location; Comfortable Apartment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

Just back from a great stay at the Montego Bay Club, #407. It is in a perfect location, convenient to Doctor's Cave beach and restaurants/bars, and we felt safe and secure walking during the day and at night. The building is a high-rise, with elevator service to the beach and a grocery store on the 2nd floor.
The building is older, so if you're looking for a sparkling new, "all-inclusive" type resort, this is not the place for you. However, it is the perfect place if you want a reasonably-priced apartment with a full kitchen, comfortable living/dining room, and a balcony with a beautiful view of the sea. Wi-fi is not available in the apartment, but I was able to access it next door, at the El Greco, and down at the beach bar, Sand. The bedroom has two twins pushed together, which tended to separate, but not really a big deal. A/C worked great, and I loved the separate "sink areas" in the bathroom. The kitchen was also nicely stocked with everything you might need. I would definitely stay again!

5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
3 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Beautiful view from the private balcony!
Liked least: Bed/Mattress comfort
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
A FlipKey verified reviewer
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
primersta...
Baltimore
“Stay was disappointing, but efforts were made to follow up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 for a stay in January 2012
people found this review helpful

Upon arrival, the transport we'd arranged was not there as planned. Locating a phone was challenging. After a brief conversation and subsequent short wait, we got transport to the condo where we met a completely uninterested clerk. We were handed keys and no details about the place were shared. We made our way to our room, which was without a number and thus confusing to find.

I am an experienced, independent traveler so I came prepared with information about the area. Doctor's Cave Beach is across the street, and very convenient. There was an admission charge but there are facilities and it is manicured so I didn't mind. There is also restaurant towel-side service available here, as well as at the adjacent beach; Cornwall Beach. There is a small public beach in the other direction that is nice. The 'grocery store' on the first floor is what Americans would consider a convenience store. There is a slightly better bodega to the right down the strip, maybe a 5 minute walk, across the entrance to Cornwall Beach. I found myself wishing I'd known about this place sooner.

The apartment/condo was basically as described, with lots of stuff for cooking and a perfectly clean bathroom, if a little run-down looking compare to the photos I saw here. We were directly across the street from a gorgeous view, but our balcony faced the rear of the hotel and was incredibly disappointing. There is some noise from the bars on the strip late at night but the hotel itself wasn't noisy. Upon checkout, even after I'd been reassured, almost with a laugh, that a ride back to the airport would be ready, and free, that ride was not there. The desk clerk told me with palpable irritation that is was the Sabbath and no one was at work to transport me. We got a friendly cab out front for USD8.

After our return, Mr.Glenn, the man who'd arranged the reservation, contacted me to inquire about the stay. I told him the details and he was very concerned and assured me he'd address these issues with his staff as that was not at all up to his standard. We were also offered a free night if we return, although honestly I'm not sure why I'd go back.

3 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 1 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
2 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 3 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
1 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Staff
Traveling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Mar 30, 2012
The enlightenment is appreciated, Carmen. Thanks.

Not all the things that fell short of your expectation pertain to this apartment however, as you had stayed in a studio at the NW corner of the building which caters to economy visitors and those seeking a cool, more private place to relax when they are not out or on the beach. The one-bedroom featured in this advertisement has full frontal ocean and street views.

Beyond that your notations are accurate; had no idea our staff there was capable of such nonchalance though. We have addressed those shortcoming within our control which had been a disappointment to you as much as they were to me. And I hope you can recover the aplomb to visit our neighborhood again and give us another chance to earn your trust. Again, thanks for your feedback as these point us to our best opportunities for improvement.
Glenn.
Mariemart...
“Absolutely will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
people found this review helpful

After going to Jamaica for many years, this was my first stay in a full apartment/condo. It was much more than I expected. Any and everything you would need is there, even a cheese grater! The kitchen is well-stocked with pots, pans, utensils, and everything needed to cook complete meals. Hot water was there every day, the balcony view of the strip and Doctor's Cave Beach was great, the location was smack in the middle of everything, including the beach, the ATM machine, and all the strip attractions. One of the best parts of staying in this unit is the supermarket located on the second floor of the building. This supermarket has everything you need and the prices are extremely reasonable. A small bottle of rum at the supermarket is less than $4.00 and everywhere else it is over $6.00. The owners of the supermarket are very helpful and are eager to stock anything you may need. I will never stay in a hotel again. I stayed an entire 6 days and honestly spent less than $50 in food because anything you need, you can buy in the supermarket. The owner of the condo is very helpful, calling and checking in on me several times during the trip. Easy to book and easy to get there. Wish I could live there!

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: location
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
A FlipKey verified reviewer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 for a stay in February 2012
4 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 4 of 5 stars Service
Make Inquiry
Enter dates for more accurate prices
Any
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing