“Hidden jewel of a place in Mo Bay!”

Ahhh...Ras Natango Gallery and Garden
Ahhh Ras Natango Gallery and Garden Tour from Montego Bay
Ranked #6 of 74 things to do in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ahhh...Ras Natango Gallery and Garden. is an Eco Tourism attraction in the community of Camrose in Montego Bay Jamaica. A most spectacular view of the city below being 2000 feet above sea level. Our service is rated five star on Trip Advisor. Come experience Ahhh...as you exhale. Take pictures of the birds Enjoy a real Jamaican meal and shop in our gallery and gift shop. Original paintings of island life . All items in our gift shop are 100% made in Jamaica. Come listen to Tamika as she takes you on a journey of Jamaica's history, Rastafarian and family's will and determination to succeed.Meet Ras and their son Ayale. two beautiful souls and talented artists. the staff, a valued part of the team makes your visit a most memorable one.
Birmingham, Alabama
“Hidden jewel of a place in Mo Bay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and I recently went to Montego Bay and rented a house for a week. We decided to take a few hours and visit some things we had seen on Trip Advisor, and one was Ahhh...Ras Natnago Gallery and Garden. The road there was a bit treacherous, but I understand it is in repair as we speak. We did not know that Ras would have come to pick us up if we had requested it. We were met by Ras Natango, Tamika and C/ney with such warmth, they even came out to our cars with umbrellas. When we reached their home/gallery we experienced one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. Ras Natango took us around his gardens, sharing stories of how his garden came to fruition. You can tell it was designed with a great deal of love, hard work and humor! We had not given any of them a heads up that we wanted to eat (they serve food but best to call) yet in to the kitchen they went and cooked up the most wonderful lunch with fresh fish and fruit. Our driver, Marlon, who grew up in Mo Bay, didn't know the place existed, but was so happy we had him take us there because he felt the visitors he encounters would adore going there. The entire family has painted some beautiful things, so the gallery was fun to walk around in as well and we bought several things. It was so special, I would highly recommend everyone visiting there.

Visited May 2013
nautre, Owner at Ahhh...Ras Natango Gallery and Garden, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
It was our pleasure having you.Thank you for bringing Marlon who will in turn bring others. Word of mouth has been the lifeline of our business and here at Trip Advisor especially. Most of our guests find us and are excited when they get here and make their own experiences.It was nice reading your review and realizing you appreciated something as simple as our son meeting you at the bus with umbrellas to the girls cooking at a moments notice. Hope you will visit when next you are in Jamaica. The waterfall is up and running( Literally) smile.
Again the Ahhh... Family sends our gratitude for your lovely review

Franklin, Massachusetts
“Awesome, awesome, awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a trip you will not regret! My wife Barbara and I visited Ahhh...Ras Natango Gallery & Garden on Tuesday 03/19/13. It is truly an experience that is difficult to top! Ras picked us up in the courtesy shuttle and drove us up into the mountains surrounding Montego Bay. When we arrived, we were brought over to the juice bar, and our first words were WOW! The view of Montego Bay is spectacular! We then met Tamika and their son Ayale. Tamika explained the story of how they came to be and the obstacles that they were able to overcome. We then toured their garden, which is carved into the hillside. Words do not do it justice! My wife was, and still is, amazed by the beauty of it. After the garden, we were lucky enough to be able to observe Tamika working with a group of schoolchildren visiting on a field trip. Then, we walked the Gallery to view Ras and Ayale's paintings, all of which are true works of art. There are also Tamika's egg shell paintings, which need to be seen to be believed. All are for sale, but there is no pressure to purchase. We also had lunch served to us, which was the best meal we had all week! The creativity of this family is incredible. They are all extremely talented! We also were lucky enough to meet their partners. Again, nothing but pleasant, with great stories to share! Tamika, please tell everyone we said "hello". Best of luck, and please send us pictures when the waterfall is completed! We will send a picture of the painting we brought home with us, once it is framed and hung. Best regards, Steve and Barbara J. From Massachusetts.

Visited March 2013
nautre, Owner at Ahhh...Ras Natango Gallery and Garden, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
It is with pure joy we respond to your review. WOW!!!! You have summed up what we do so comprehensively . We are all pleased you were able to visit , spend time with us as well as meeting our partners who were on site the day you visited.
This encourages us to move forward as Ahhh... continues to strive for excellence while educating our visitors about our culture through our art.
We appreciated the business and shall stay in touch. Tensie is tickled pink with your mention about the food. I am so proud of her. Our warmest appreciation to you and your wife ,we look forward to having you visit upon your next return to Jamaica. I shall post pictures of the wate rfeature when its completed.
All of us at Ahhh...thank you for including us in your vacation and for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Ahhh...
Concord, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great people, gardens, art and a great view of Jamaica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I were tired of being behind the walls of the resort so the concierge recommended Ras Natango's Gallery & Garden. The experience started with being picked up by Ras Natango himself in his beautifully designed van. (We were lucky to be their first customers driven in the new van.) The drive itself was a pleasure. Ras is very engaging. As he drove us up to their place he provided great conversation and descriptions of all that we saw. The road diminished bit, by bit and we got a see some of the real Jamaica. We kept going up very high into the mountains.

When we arrived we turned around and saw all of Montego Bay (the city and the actual bay) spread before us. The view is incredible. Thanks to the well placed hummingbird feeders hummingbirds, warblers and anoles abound on the veranda and throughout the gardens. Vultures and other birds of prey float on the thermals over the valley. The gardens are incredible. They are terraced into the limestone cliffs on which their home and gallery are also built. The plants are all labeled so that you know what you're looking at. The entire landscape is a tribute to imagination and determination. Tamika and Ras gave us a wonderful, detailed tour of the gardens naming and explaining their extensive flora and fauna and its relevance to the native habitat of Jamaica.

We stayed for lunch and found that Tamika is a fantastic chef. She
asked about our food preferences and cooked our dishes to order . We had some delicious red snapper while sitting on the veranda watching the wildlife in the garden. The birds arrived with such frequency and were in such close proximity it was difficult to put our cameras down long
enough to eat. Ras, Tamika and Courtney sat with us at lunch and we
enjoyed a delightful conversation with them. Tamika and Ras Natango are the real deal.

The artwork is done by not only Ras Natango but also his son Ayale and his wife Tamika and a few others who are studying art with Ras. It is all engaging and each piece captures a special part of Jamaica. While Ras and Tamika are happy to explain their work, there is absolutely no pressure to buy. The only problem we had was deciding what to choose.

If you are up to it, take a walk (but note that it is quite hilly). The locals are very pleasant and engaging. When you are done you will feel like you have gotten to know an authentic and very special part of Jamaica.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MadDanny
nautre, Owner at Ahhh...Ras Natango Gallery and Garden, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
It was indeed our pleasure hosting both of you for so many reasons.You were our first guests to be picked up in our new free shuttle and our first guests for 2013.
I wish I could somehow bottle your review and share it with everyone. You have captured the essence of Ahhh... It was great for our community as you walked the hills with a member of the community and got to meet typical Jamaicans in our environs,
We look forward to your next visit and we shall stay in touch. Our new partners Mark and Frances Tucci will be delighted to read your review. Ahhh... Much gratitude for an Ahhh...some review.
Ras and all of us at the gallery and Garden
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Ahhh....Heaveanly....You just have to visit here!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My companion and & I took part in the Meet The People Program through the Jamaica Tourist Board and we were paired with our wonderful Jamaican Ambassador Kathy Cooke. Our outing today was to the re-opening of a gallery in the Camrose District of Montego Bay...up in the mountain.

When we arrived, we had to walk up this very steep hill to get to the house/gallery and this is the reason why (Ahhh) is a part of the name of this place. Even though it was a very short walk up this steep hill, my very first words where Ahhhh... because I needed to catch my breath.. then my next words were OMG!! What a beautiful and peaceful place...the air was different up here....fresh & clean and I found myself taking in very deep breaths of air.
The legendary artist, Ras Natango (Ian) his beautiful wife Tamika and their son Ayale are the most gracious hosts imaginable and upon arrival you are greeted with a complimentary drink from the Out Post Juice Bar.

Ayale took us on a 45 minute tour of the Gardens that has more indigenous plants and artwork throughout than I've ever seen before and the view was spectacular!! It just took my breath away....There are benches and chairs throughout the gardens where you can stop and rest or just sit and be at peace, write, paint or just contemplate life. It's funny how you become so inspired just being in the gardens for such a short time.

After the garden tour, we had a viewing of all the beautiful artwork of Ian, Tamika & Ayale in the Gallery where you can also purchase your favourite piece of artwork. Then we sat down to a Jamaican Buffet lunch that was waiting for us at the end of our tour.
When night came, Montego Bay lit up and the view of the lights of Montego Bay from Ras Natango became the same shape of the map of Jamaica! All I could say was WOW!

Ian, Tamika & Ayale...Thank you so much for having this place for us to send our clients to re-connect and DE-stress. We had a wonderful afternoon.

Cost to visit Ahhh...Ras Natango Gallery & Garden is only USSD55.00 Adult and USD30.00 for children + transportation. If you would like to paint your very own Masterpiece, this art lesson will cost you only USD35.00.

See you soon!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Vanessa R
nautre, Owner at Ahhh...Ras Natango Gallery and Garden, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
It was Indeed our pleasure having you visit us and we are pleased that you felt the essence of this Eco Tourism attraction.
With the new year we have some changes in costs. US $42 per aduls this incluses a cooked meal as well as complimentary drink. Without the cooked meal its US $30 per adult. All guests who contact us personally will be picked up free of cost to and from their location to the gallery and garden,.( free shuttle in and around Montego bay) Of course tour operators are welcome to bring their guests., Drive yourself or have our free shuttle.
Thanks for the splendid review!!! We are honoured and humbled.happy new year !!! You are our first review for 2013.What a way to beginning the new year? Blessings
Tamika and the entire staff at Ahhh...Ras Natango G &G
Elk Grove, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“It was so family oriented ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The "Ahhh........Ras Natango Gallery & Garden" in Montego Bay, Jamaica was a visit to remember. The Family - Ras, Tamika and Son, Ayale, was so delightful to be around. Spending time with the Natives were very interesting with their gallery full of beautiful and quality gift items. The garden was beautiful, full of interesting artifacts made by this Family, and different flowers and fruit trees that I had never seen before. I brought back to the USA beautiful items that I will charish and adore, and remember. And, let me not forget the delicious bunch that was prepared for my daughter and I -- native fruit drink (yum!) when first arrived, then later after viewing the garden, a meal of a root that I forgot was the name, with delicious prepared chicken. We were picked up and dropped off by Ras. I hope I have the opportunity to experience and go back to Jamaica so that I can visit with this Family and its environment again.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank B B
nautre, Owner at Ahhh...Ras Natango Gallery and Garden, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I smiled as I saw your mention of the soup. Its dasheen, A root, tuber that grows in the ground the way sweet potatoes do. We look forward to seeing you and remember we thank you for finding us on trip Advisor and coming to see for yourselves what we offer. We look forward to seeing you and your daughter again and soon. Do pass the word on about us to anyone you know heading our way. It was indeed our pleasure. Management and staff