“Palmer planned a great day for us in Jamaica”

Uton's Private Tours
Ranked #14 of 111 Tours in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to UtonTours personal and private tour also air port transfers and taxi service.Our objective is to give each visitor an unforgettable service and total satisfaction. As your tour guides and drivers we will share how were knowledge of Jamaica's history with you, we always have surprises for you on your tour or transfer. Relax and enjoying yourself with us.we strive to make your tour the best.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I, along with another couple, were in Jamaica last week on a cruise stop. I contacted Palmer prior to our trip to book his services for the day. I sent him a list of the types of activities we enjoy and he emailed me back a recommended itinerary for the day. I found Palmer to be very responsive to all of my emailed questions and he did a nice job of planning things to suit our interests.

Palmer was ready and waiting for us when we disembarked the ship. We boarded his van and headed off to Braco Adventure tours for a kayaking excursion on Rio Bueno. Palmer dropped us off with our guides then picked us back up at the end of our trip down the river. On the way back into Monetago Bay we stopped at Scotchies for lunch. I had told Palmer that we would like to try some authentic jerk while in Jamaica and Scotchies fit the bill. He gave us suggestions for what to order and everything was delicious. After lunch Palmer dropped us off at Doctors Cave beach to do some snorkeling. We stayed for about an hour then went on to do some shopping.

The shopping was the only downside of the day. I had specifically mentioned in my emails that we weren't interested in souvenir shops along the hip strip and that's where we ended up going to shop. I prefer shops owned by local craftsmen and artists as opposed to t-shirt and shot glass places so I was a little disappointed in where we went to shop. I did end up buying some coffee and jerk sauces as the owner gave us good prices so it ended up being alright. I just would have liked to see some more original shopping options.

Palmer returned us safely to the port with plenty of time to spare. He was incredibly attentive throughout the day and I really appreciated the options he gave us for how to spend our time in Jamaica. All through the day he provided us with a wealth of information on the local areas that really enhanced our experience.

There are newer reviews for Uton's Private Tours

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had Palmer as our guide on January 7th, 2014. We actually used him for two services, all in the same day, a transfer to Montego Bay, and an excursion. He first picked up my husband and I in Negril and transferred us to Montego Bay (we were doing a split stay). He had to pick us up very early (7:00am) as he was taking us on an excursion later in the day. He was very prompt and was sure to point out any sites on our drive to MB. The drive only took about an hour, which was great considering it was "rush hour". We then picked up our friends, another couple, in MB, and headed out on our excursion we booked. I actually had been to Jamaica two previous times and wanted to see both Dunn's River Falls and Nine Mile. Although we had been to both before, we hadn't been in several years, and wanted to share the experience with our friends (who were first-timers to Jamaica). Palmer was a great driver and pointed out many points of interest and local plants on our ways to the sites. Admission fees were not included in the price he gave us, but he still took us to the entrance of each and set the tours up for us. I found this to be very important as we weren't just left to fend on our own and figure out what to do and where to go. After a very long day, the highlight of our trip was actually a trip to a great jerk restaurant (the best I've had), called The Ultimate. The jerk pork and festival was one of the best meals I've ever had in Jamaica! Overall, Palmer was very personable and shared many of his own life stories with us. He was reliable, dependable, trustworthy and able to work around the long, complicated day I had planned. He also provided refreshments for our drive and the van was very comfortable. I would highly recommend him and we will certainly be using him on future trips to Jamaica!!

1  Thank Tknightco
Reviewed January 12, 2014

we were on a cruise ship and used Palmer for a day tour,he is a wonderful person and came through as advertised,He had cold drinks and was waiting for our group when we arrived,he gave a very informative tour and took our group river tubing.Thank you Palmer

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I used this service for round-trip, private travel from the Montego Bay airport to my hotel in Ocho Rios. The drivers were both friendly and treated the ride like a tour by pointing out historical and meaningful locations along the way. It was very interesting. The pick-ups were reliable - no issues with time. They also offered up a cooler full of beers and soda at no extra cost. It was a very nice touch to getting the vacation party and relaxation started. Also, I did a cost comparison with several other companies that provide private (rather than shared buses) transfers to and from Montego Bay airport to Ochi, and Uton has the best rate. Uton is an excellent option for service and cost. Truth! I'm a happy customer.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We booked with Uton’s private tour for our 12/25/13 cruise stop at Montego Bay. We found the company on TA. Palmer is the owner and our tour guide. He provided us with a private tour at a reasonable price. I exchanged quite a few emails with him beforehand telling him what we wanted to do and see in Jamaica. He patiently answered all my questions. We wanted to go to Mayfield Falls and visit Montego Bay local attractions. We made our deposit using Paypal. There was a problem with their website payment function initially. We then used alternative way to solve it.

Palmer picked us up from the cruise terminal on time. His van was clean and he dressed very professionally. Palmer was very knowledgeable about his country and his people. During the six hours with us, he gave us running commentaries about Jamaica’s history, people, culture and economy. He constantly pointed out unique local plants to us. He answered all our questions. We learned so much about Jamaica.

We went to Mayfield Falls first (I have a separate review for the falls). The road to Mayfield fall was very bad as soon as we left Montego Bay city limit. There were lots of big potholes. Palmer was a good driver. He went through the potholes very carefully and skillfully. Even through the road was narrow and in poor conditions in many places, he tried his best to make us feel safe and comfortable. In fact, nobody could drive fast due to the road condition, so safety was not a big concern. The scene along the road was beautiful, it run through Jamaica countryside with residential houses and rain forest. In Mayfield falls, he companied us to the entrance and made sure we were taken care of by the tour guild inside. He then waited for us outside.

After we came out from the falls, Palmer greeted us with ice cold drinks. My husband got a red stripe beer (a Jamaican local beer), I got a Ting (a Jamaican drink) and my sons got cokes. He used a different route on our way back to the city so that we could see different parts of the country side. He then took us to Richmond Hill overlooking the bay, a beautiful residential area with homes and villas, Sam Sharpe square and hip strip for shopping. We opted not to eat lunch to save time and Palmer agreed with no problem.

After six hours with Palmer, we felt we saw so much and learned so much about Jamaica. Palmer was very competent and professional as a tour guide, and very nice and approachable as a person. We highly recommend him for your private tour in Jamaica.

2  Thank nwmd