“hanging on to the tail...”

Half Moon Equestrian Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the best quality horseback riding experience in Montego Bay. We are located at the luxurious Half Moon Resort. You can enjoy a variety of equestrian activities: riding, jumping, polo lessons and the thrilling beach ride.At the Stables you will find loved and well trained horses. Our Guides and Instructors are friendly and experienced. There are activities for young chilren and adults alike, including our Pony Park where children can interact with different animals and have pony rides.
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“hanging on to the tail...”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

When I saw that you could swim with horses I had to go for it as I can't imagine there are many places in the world where you can do that. The staff were great and very reassuring as none of us were experienced riders. When we got to the beach we went bareback and wore life jackets and were given clear instructions as to what to do when the horses started swimming (you're always on a leading rein) - including sliding off the horse's back and hanging on to its tail if you wanted! (Easier than it sounds.)
A great experience :)

Visited February 2014

Northwich, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Proceed with caution......”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This beach horse ride is definitely not suitable for novice or nervous riders. You are given a very short introduction and walk around the field before setting off for the beach. Here you are expected to ride the horse bareback in the ocean where it is extremely difficult to stay on as the horse's coat becomes very slippery. The horse I was given was skittish and difficult to handle, I was told he did not like crowds or lots of movement. Something I thought was strange seeing as he was being used for excursions. In the end this horse threw me off when we were approaching the stables as neither myself nor the trainer guiding me could keep him under control. Luckily I was not badly injured but it could of been much worse. Please check the disclaimer they ask you to sign quickly at the start, before signing......it absolves them of ANY responsibility even if their horse is at fault!! Definitely I would proceed with caution.......

10 Thank Purrdee
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Elide time beautiful memories”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Incredible memories with my two 13 year old granddaughters, one is a very experienced rider, beautiful sights, wonderful guides and riding in the water was the highlight of our vacation. Thank you to all, and a very thanks to your fantastic young photographer.

Nutley, New Jersey
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

So much fun! Well trained, clean, and friendly horses. Friendly and informative staff. Great pricing. Nice location and had a fun time at the petting zoo back at the stables. We really enjoyed swimming with the horses! Would so do it again.

sydney
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

It was simply amazing to be in the ocean with the horses, a must do. The young guides were wonderful, friendly and funny!!!